Official - Dejan Lovren Signs

Saint Garrett

Has anyone watched Lyon this past season? In other words, is there anyone on this forum who's actually see him play and can give us a useful opinion rather than spouting bouleshyte.

Genuine question.

He's gone down the pecking order this season at Lyon and some of their fans are happy to see him leave because they were expecting a world-class player and didn't get one. Some issues about his attitude supposedly as well. But I've seen him in a couple of games for Lyon and Croatia and he looks good. Strong, composed on the ball and a decent height.

@JFBLucas: Enjoyed my first interview with @DejanLovren05 this evening. A great speaker who was clearly delighted to join #SaintsFC. #welcomedejan

@JFBLucas: I also spoke to Mauricio Pochettino tonight - look out for that interview on Saints Player next week. #saintsfc #welcomedejan

Has anyone watched Lyon this past season? In other words, is there anyone on this forum who's actually seen him play and can give us a useful opinion rather than spouting bouleshyte.

Genuine question.

I have, a few times thanks to my betting expeditions, ha. Wasn't that impressed. He's very rash sometimes, but wins a lot in the air and likes to keep the ball on the ground. Not quite a Rio Ferdinand, not quite a Nemanja Vidic. The EPL might be better suited to him, though...

I have, a few times thanks to my betting expeditions, ha. Wasn't that impressed. He's very rash sometimes, but wins a lot in the air and likes to keep the ball on the ground. Not quite a Rio Ferdinand, not quite a Nemanja Vidic. The EPL might be better suited to him, though...

At 23, there is still plenty of time for him to improve as a cb.

Seems my sources were reliable at the start of this week. Hopefully he can become a valuable part of our team. Welcome Dejan!

Don't think you said anything at the start of the week pal? This one is Glasgow Saints scoop

Don't think you said anything at the start of the week pal? This one is Glasgow Saints scoop

You're kidding, right? The fact that Glasgow posted it just proves that someone else said it first, as all he does is repeat rumours worded differently and then claims to be ITK.

http://www.liverpool-kop.com/2013/05/lfc-transfer-news-dejan-lovren-confirms-lyon-exit-liverpool-10m.html

Seems he wasn't happy at Lyon last season

In an explosive interview with Sportske Novosti in April, Lovren laid bare his frustration with Lyon over a variety of issues, including his 'anger' over the way the club handled his recent injury. He scathed:

"I'm very unhappy, and everything has gone downhill. I was angry at the club because they made me train with the [tendon] rupture. I should have been out of training 45 days.

"I'd be lying if I said I feel comfortable at Lyon. I've lost my passion and joy for training, and I never expected to experience that.

"Lyon to do appreciate me, and I want to go. I'll do my best when I get a chance and play, and then we'll sit down and see what happens next"

Lyon boss Remi Garde dropped Lovren from the squad for his outburst, and made clear his unhappiness with the Croatian's public criticism. He told ESPN:

"Dejan is a young player and he was tricked a little bit. Having said that, you can't go against the club and the institution. I've spoken to him about it, and I cannot sanction what he did."

Last week, Lovren's Agent Nikki Vuksan told Calciomercato:

"What I can confirm is that many clubs in Europe want him, and if someone wants to make an offer, we will talk to them. With the right offer, he will leave"