Official - Dejan Lovren Signs

Saint Garrett

Exactly Bessie. The left footed right footed obsession only seems to have started because Adkins liked it. Before that I never, ever saw it mentioned. As I've said many times vidic and Ferdinand don't seem to have been hampered by the handicap of both being right footed.

Terry/ivanovic/luiz all RF as far as Im aware

Pique and puyol

Pepe and verane

Exactly Bessie. The left footed right footed obsession only seems to have started because Adkins liked it. Before that I never, ever saw it mentioned. As I've said many times vidic and Ferdinand don't seem to have been hampered by the handicap of both being right footed.

Terry/ivanovic/luiz all RF as far as Im aware

Pique and puyol

Pepe and verane

The % of people that favour their right foot is 81%.

http://www.ucl.ac.uk/medical-education/reprints/1983BJP-ReviewCoren_Porac.pdf

So it is of little surprise that there are more right/right centre back partnerships than right/left or left/left centre back partnerships.

So it is of little surprise that there are more right/right centre back partnerships than right/left or left/left centre back partnerships.

Good stat that MLG, doesn't that prove that statistically less than one in five centre backs will be left footed so it would be foolish to insist that we had one of each and much more preferable and achievable to have two good right footed ones who can defend and are comfortable on the ball.

I assume we felt he was better than the US centre backs.

You are correct sir, just as Chelsea thought Torres was better than Michu and Liverpool KNEW Carroll was superior to Benteke. I want Saints to be right on this one, good luck to him and hope he can customize his discipline and behavioral patterns to suit the Southampton profile/model.

Which is why I dont really understand the clamour of a partnership involving a right and left footed players, IMO I think that the advantage is possibly there but v minimal

Which is why I dont really understand the clamour of a partnership involving a right and left footed players, IMO I think that the advantage is possibly there but v minimal

It matters little unless the centre back playing on the left side has a weak left foot.

this has only been the in thing for the last 2 years with adkins

I'm right-footed and it's definitely a lot stronger but I'd be embarassed if I couldn't use my left reasonably well, so I'm always slightly surprised when professionals can't perform better on their weaker foot. My short stay at left-back this season wasn't due to my weak left but lack of speed, so back more centrally I went... Fortunately Clyne and Shaw have the pace I lack.:-)

I'm right-footed and it's definitely a lot stronger but I'd be embarassed if I couldn't use my left reasonably well, so I'm always slightly surprised when professionals can't perform better on their weaker foot. My short stay at left-back this season wasn't due to my weak left but lack of speed, so back more centrally I went... Fortunately Clyne and Shaw have the pace I lack.:-)

Do you play then?

I get more pleased with this signing, and its timing, by the minute.

We need a new Killer and Claus. By getting Dejan in so early, I am hoping the understanding at the back between him and Maya or Vegard, will be approaching such levels come mid-August.

sounds like a 00's indie band.

I get more pleased with this signing, and its timing, by the minute.

We need a new Killer and Claus. By getting Dejan in so early, I am hoping the understanding at the back between him and Maya or Vegard, will be approaching such levels come mid-August.

The first positive post about Saints I've seen you make on this forum in the last 7 years!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTz3pk1DWzDxqgdC3JU2RmY0LVrimWrpTv7wIGedJJgPD5y1hrC_w

I am glad we got this guy....however, we coulda bought and paid less salary for both of the USA's two young CBs put together and at least one (if not both) are custom built for Southampton in the Premier league??

Young, two-footed, hungry with great attitude, application and technical ability.

Yet another clean sheet for the two young and talented US CBs yesterday. Just saying...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...