Victor Wanyama - Officially Signed

patred44

£3.50 and a curley-wurley

when i was in Kenya i brought two wood carved elephants and a hippo for 20 Kenyan shillings. i asked the chap if he fancied making a statue outside a UK soccerball stadium as he seemed to have all the right qualifications.

FACT

when i was in Kenya i brought two wood carved elephants and a hippo for 20 Kenyan shillings. i asked the chap if he fancied making a statue outside a UK soccerball stadium as he seemed to have all the right qualifications.

FACT

When I was younger I bought one of those massive tribal masks, cant remember what it was but it worked out at £12

Long story short it fell off my wall one night and hit me in the face.

This possibly has no relevance to our negotiating technique

About GBP12m - seems quite genuine as they are talking about how his former clubs (Nairobi City Stars, JMJ Academy and Country Bus) will get a 70 million KES "solidarity fee"

"On Saturday Wanyama told the clubs to agree amongst themselves on how to share this fee. (He said) "In my opinion all the three clubs have a right to get part of the transfer money bu they should agree amongst themselves and be honest""... Seems to be on..

When I was younger I bought one of those massive tribal masks, cant remember what it was but it worked out at £12

Symbolic of the metaphoric slap in the face we would recieve when trying to sign a Kenyan?

Symbolic of the metaphoric slap in the face we would recieve when trying to sign a Kenyan?

Possibly, or maybe a sign that he was ready to jump into bed ?

I really dont know, nor would I be happy to speculate at this time, also I can neither confirm or deny that on that very day I consumed a curley-wurley or even had £3.50 worth of funds

Possibly, or maybe a sign that he was ready to jump into bed ?

I really dont know, nor would I be happy to speculate at this time, also I can neither confirm or deny that on that very day I consumed a curley-wurley or even had £3.50 worth of funds

The Standard - It's the first time the Kenyan media has reported it and it looks genuine with quotes from him... I don't know whether he's over here... The Kenyan press is normally quite dull, but they don't go in for speculation like the English media, so it may be true...

The Standard - It's the first time the Kenyan media has reported it and it looks genuine with quotes from him... I don't know whether he's over here... The Kenyan press is normally quite dull, but they don't go in for speculation like the English media, so it may be true...

Any link to the article or any chance of an overview of what it says and what the quotes are from Wanyama please pal?

being told that the hold-up is with agent fees - agent(s) want 500k to broker deal, Saints (NC) is offering 50k!

Half a million quid to broker a deal? Greedy f u c k

Hate to point out the obvious but this is Glasgow_Saint who suggested that, therefore take with a very, very, very large pinch of salt....

Half a million quid to broker a deal? Greedy f u c k

GS is full of s**t, though in other walks of life agents fees are usually around 5% of the transaction, so 500K isn't that far off if you believe the transfer fees being bandied about.

being told that the hold-up is with agent fees - agent(s) want 500k to broker deal, Saints (NC) is offering 50k!

If this Wanannaka wants to look after his agent then why does he not let him have some of his 1-5m signing on fee?

I believe he said its not about money somewhere?

Yep and that's probably a better analogy.
Still fairly different when it's a case of the club already knows the individual they want. Football agents do rip clubs off and NC's stance on this is right in theory, but in practice it's a ecessary evil to attract top players.

If this Wanannaka wants to look after his agent then why does he not let him have some of his 1-5m signing on fee?

IF this is the case : we've -reportedly - offered £2m more than Cardiff are prepared to pay, so if NC walks away from the deal Celtic might have to consider a lower offer.

Perhaps Celtic might want to consider 'easing' the deal through, and coughing up the agent's cut.

But then we all know what is said about jocks parting with money ( even Irish ones).

Yeah, this was what I was getting at in post 536

Why aren't agents paid by their clients, the players? They earn big money after all.

If an agent expects to get paid by the buying club, then surely they have to look as if they've done something to warrant it; something of benefit to the club. I can see how it works for the player; the agent handles all the negations and meetings and phone calls to get the best deal for his client, but really, what do they do for the club?

Unless he can say, "look Mr.Cortese, I've sold your club to Victor and I've persuaded Celtic to let him go for 10m rather than 12m. What do you say?", then I don't see what they do for the buying club.

This deal, from what i understand, is for a £12,000,000 transfer fee. The contact will be not less than 3 years- probably 5 but lets settle at 4. There will be bonuses on top- lets say up to 50% of salary p.a. again but settle at 20%. Assume his salary is fixed during that time ( unlikely- more likely to have automatic increments built in) and he would be on our highest or close to highest weekly salary (Ramirez, lets call it £60k pw.) then this deal is worth around,......£27M over the four years. The agent wants £500k. That's 1.8% "commission" or agency fee. That's cheap.

Unless there is an element of a signing on fee or other payment element to the agent that is not in the public domain ( did i read about his previous clubs getting a windfall somewhere from this?) then £500k for brokering it is cheap and we should not be arguing if it makes it happening.

£27,000,000 deals do not break down because of £450,000 difference on something, so whilst theres usually no smoke without fire id be surprised, if what the Glasgow Saint says is true, if this doesnt come off.

NC usually does decent deals and hasnt had a problem of attracting good players to the club. Would be suprised if a player chose Cardiff or Stoke ahead of us. Liverpool, Spurs etc are a different proposition.

Expect there is some way to go in this one.

If a player choses Cardiff over us he is a money grabbing mercanary. If a player choses us over Liverpool or Spurs, they are a great guy who loves the challenge and has bought into Corteses vision.

This deal, from what i understand, is for a £12,000,000 transfer fee. The contact will be not less than 3 years- probably 5 but lets settle at 4. There will be bonuses on top- lets say up to 50% of salary p.a. again but settle at 20%. Assume his salary is fixed during that time ( unlikely- more likely to have automatic increments built in) and he would be on our highest or close to highest weekly salary (Ramirez, lets call it £60k pw.) then this deal is worth around,......£27M over the four years. The agent wants £500k. That's 1.8% "commission" or agency fee. That's cheap.

Unless there is an element of a signing on fee or other payment element to the agent that is not in the public domain ( did i read about his previous clubs getting a windfall somewhere from this?) then £500k for brokering it is cheap and we should not be arguing if it makes it happening.

£27,000,000 deals do not break down because of £450,000 difference on something, so whilst theres usually no smoke without fire id be surprised, if what the Glasgow Saint says is true, if this doesnt come off.

12 million £ ??? We could get someone with a proven top flight record for that. Really for a player from the SPL that is far far too much. There's a reason why the record transfer fee is about 7 million £, it's a sh*t league and even duffers look good.

payments to agents from the period 1 October 2011 to 30 September 2012 - Southampton paid just £646,106

NC does not like paying large agent fees and cant see him changing now.