Victor Wanyama - Officially Signed

patred44

Half of Wales mate 1.5

Read my 1st post. Fans in north Wales support their local teams or a Merseyside or Manchester team. People in Swansea support Swansea. People in Cardiff support Cardiff. The rest couldn't give a **** and/or are rugby fans.

Cardiff do not half of Wales as a fan base.

Read my 1st post. Fans in north Wales support their local teams or a Merseyside or Manchester team. People in Swansea support Swansea. People in Cardiff support Cardiff. The rest couldn't give a **** and/or are rugby fans.

Seriously, you are humouring him, don't bother and one day he may disappear hopefully or hilariously re-invent himself.

Ok forget populations...... Do you think Southampton fc are bigger than Cardiff fc?

Ok forget populations...... Do you think Southampton fc are bigger than Cardiff fc?

It would depend on how you define bigger? If that means higher attendances, higher revenue, higher league positions, more cup wins, higher quality players, more internationals etc etc then Southampton are bigger.

But if you define bigger as having more people in the city then by that logic Beijing and Dehli must be the biggest clubs in the world?

He's gonna get nicked by Arsenal, Liverpool or Everton at the last minute isn't he?

Yes, I agree. He's going to bide his time and hold out for the bigger fish.

I reckon we'll get him. Our interest has been rumbling along in the public eye for a bit. If these clubs were interested, they'd have put a bid in by now. If the reports of a fee being accepted are accurate, and Wanyama only being personal terms + medical from joining, it's really now or never for other interested parties. We'll see if Liverpool or Everton's interest becomes concrete today, I reckon.

classic negotiation tactics IMO. "only 35k a week? i want 60k, oh well never mind i rally fancy that sheep ****ging lot up the road as they are have a really great side and are clearly going to stay up. call me if u change your minds."

if we have offered 12m for the transfer fee im sire we are happy to offer a realistic wage. of course he could be delaying just to see whether liverpool or arse crawl out of the woodwork with an offer.

time close the ****er, accept by monday or its off and let him go to cardiff. tends to focus the mind for big decisions

I'm gonna get slaughtered for saying this because its not a positive, happy article etc but that IMO is utter bull****.

By the time he flew back from his holiday and meets our officials, that's half the day gone.

You can't tell me that in the space of a few hours the deal is completely dead and the player wants Cardiff without even speaking to them? If he knows the Cardiff offer then that is tapping up and they should be reported for it. We were for Matt Phillips. WalesOnline even said that Cardiff are out of the running for Wanyama so it's interesting that his agent is obviously telling him something different.

This is the sort of article I'd expect a week or so after a bid was accepted. His agent / himself obviously doesn't understand negotiation then? It doesn't make sense.

I'm gonna get slaughtered for saying this because its not a positive, happy article etc but that IMO is utter bull****.

By the time he flew back from his holiday and meets our officials, that's half the day gone.

You can't tell me that in the space of a few hours the deal is completely dead and the player wants Cardiff without even speaking to them? If he knows the Cardiff offer then that is tapping up and they should be reported for it. We were for Matt Phillips. WalesOnline even said that Cardiff are out of the running for Wanyama so it's interesting that his agent is obviously telling him something different.

This is the sort of article I'd expect a week or so after a bid was accepted. His agent / himself obviously doesn't understand negotiation then? It doesn't make sense.

Plus I'm sure there'd have been an indication of what was on offer before he even flew back otherwise why bother dashing in like that?

I honestly don't think any of these journalists really know what is going on and are just making it up.

I'm with you. The only 1 I tend to trust is Nixon. Apart from that it seems to be a mish mash of figures, quotes, teams interested etc. the only people that know are young Victor, his agent and Southampton FC officials. Get the deal out of the limelight and get it wrapped up.

My main worry is how this Keynan lad is going to cope with the massive cultural shift from moving from a backward third world country to a modern, developed first world economy.

It may be pretty disorientating for him for the first few months.

Edited by CB Fry

Plus I'm sure there'd have been an indication of what was on offer before he even flew back otherwise why bother dashing in like that?

Exactly. His agent would've got an initial figure / deal from Saints which has obviously interested Wanyama himself enough to go to the effort of cutting short his holiday, fly back and meet with the club.

Something fishy about this article. Also it's the only place reporting it so we'll have to see if anyone else picks up on it.

The deal 'appears' to have gone far too public for how we previously liked to tie things up.

In the past couple of seasons this might have killed it off. But as we are now playing with the big boys, and their agents, perhaps even NC will have to accept we are no longer in a position to dictate the rules.(Perhaps he will realise he is not the "master of manipulation" as some claimed).

Alternatively, perhaps we will delve further into negotiations elsewhere, interesting that the topic of Naingollan emerged again yesterday, and the Banega camp appear to be very quiet.

By the way has anyone else noticed this is going a very similar way to the Ramirez deal?

Lots of talk / links in press, bid placed and supposedly accepted, quotes released from the player, player meets Saints officials and discusses terms, deal apparently off due to fee / terms not good enough, other clubs now interested that are looking to snatch the player...

Next stage is weeks of deal on deal off deal on deal off speculation and then finally gets announced.

You wouldn't spend ages beating other teams on fees and then offer **** wages. Its not our style. Meanwhile Nainggolan says we have offered the best economic deal like we did with Gaston....

Says it all, something doesn't quite add up. How much is Wanyama currently on weekly? £20k? £25k? I'd expect us to offer him a minimum of £45k so already looking at a £15k-£20k pay rise. Can't complain eh?

By the way has anyone else noticed this is going a very similar way to the Ramirez deal?

Lots of talk / links in press, bid placed and supposedly accepted, quotes released from the player, player meets Saints officials and discusses terms, deal apparently off due to fee / terms not good enough, other clubs now interested that are looking to snatch the player...

Next stage is weeks of deal on deal off deal on deal off speculation and then finally gets announced.

Not really, as that's not what happened with the Ramirez deal.

This is what was tweeted yesterday lunchtime by the author of the very first article that appeared in the Scottish Sun

@McGregorDerek: Great business by Celtic. Two players brought in already at 4.3m but immediately recouped with massive profit by 10m-plus for Wanyama.

@smallshoes62: @McGregorDerek is he gone then?

@McGregorDerek: @smallshoes62 On verge

@McGregorDerek: @smallshoes62 Fee agreed, he can talk to Southampton

He seemed confident then so must have been a huge change of heart / sticking point in the transfer if all this rejection and preferring Cardiff happened in the afternoon!

You wouldn't spend ages beating other teams on fees and then offer **** wages. Its not our style. Meanwhile Nainggolan says we have offered the best economic deal like we did with Gaston....
We might not have spent ages competing with other teams on fees. If we're already offering him big wages and he's turning it down we'd have to draw the line at some point. An extra 10k a week on a 4 year contract would cost us over £2m.

If he joins Cardiff or Hull he's nothing more than a money grabbing mercenary parasite scumbag. Everything that's wrong about the modern game.

I hope he joins Saints. It will show he believes in Cortese's vision for the club, and that he is passionate about playing with our homegrown young players. And probably means he's seen the New Forest and fallen in love with it.

We might not have spent ages competing with other teams on fees. If we're already offering him big wages and he's turning it down we'd have to draw the line at some point. An extra 10k a week on a 4 year contract would cost us over £2m.

We have been talking to Celtic for weeks. The agent will certainly have known what was happening and figures would be discussed.

We have been talking to Celtic for weeks. The agent will certainly have known what was happening and figures would be discussed.
The agent may well have known the figures discussed, but that's unlikely to stop him getting every last £ he can in the contract for his client.

With a number of our bloated squad surely departing this really shouldn't be a problem if that's the sticking point. Players like this I feel are worth paying the extra cash.
I'm not sure how much of our 'bloated squad' are going to be leaving. My point is at some point Saints would have to draw the line at what we think his correct wage should be - you can't continue to negotiate upwards indefinitely. For what it's worth I still think he'll sign.

Yes but what will he be worth in 2/3 years time if he's as good as the club think? That £2M should be recouped fairly comfortably.

For years I've watched as our players are sold for small amounts only for another club to make a packet on them 2/3 years down the line. Would be nice if we could start doing that ourselves.

If he does the business on the pitch I don't think he would be here for more that 2 years so are wages such a big issue?

Cardiff still not quoted here http://www.skybet.com/football/transfer-specials/event/15316618

We are still odds on.

Don't want a greedy player though. L:ook at Adebayor - can be impressive initially and this fella had a great game against Barca and suddenly a world beater

Cardiff were reported yesterday or the day before as no longer being interested when the £10M fee was quoted. They are not in the race to sign Vic any longer, hence why they are not quoted in the odds. I don't recall where this was quoted but it was.

This is probably part of the negotiation game and nothing more. What's encouraging is that the agent has chosen to name Cardiff as our main rivals - usually it's Arsenal, Liverpool etc. Cardiff have already baulked at the asking price so really can't see them offering more in wages and shows the player is willing to move to a club that isn't one of the big four. To be fair we're playing the same game with the player what with the links to the Belgian lad. I still expect Wanyama to sign anyway.....

My main worry is how this Keynan lad is going to cope with the massive cultural shift from moving from a backward third world country to a modern, developed first world economy.

It may be pretty disorientating for him for the first few months.

It's alright, he can learn to fry his own Mars Bars..