Victor Wanyama - Officially Signed

patred44

They really have got hold of the wrong end of the stick there. He said he knows nothing of the detail regarding the negotiation - his agent is dealing with it - not that he knows nothing about the contact. They've just spun the information a different way. I suspect he used careful phrasing because he's been told not to give anything away to the media or the deal is off. This one is therefore looking more likely to me.

Why would he want to wear 67 for Saints? You do know why he chose that number*? 76 would be more appropriate when he joins us but I think PL rules don't allow these "random" numbers.

*In honour of the Lisbon Lions

Way before my time I'm afraid, wiser now however. As regards EPL regulation on numbers - completely pointless, however I do remember Balotelli wearing 45 and Toure on 42 - is that based on squad size including youngsters and reserves?

You watched a lot of Spanish, Italian and Scottish footy last season.

In your opinion whose best? Be honest

Not watched a lot of Scottish though, only their CL games.

I personally has Banega as first choice cause I think we need to add creativity from midfield. Different type of players all three to so hard to compare them.

But all three would walk into the first XI imo.

Not watched a lot of Scottish though, only their CL games.

I personally has Banega as first choice cause I think we need to add creativity from midfield. Different type of players all three to so hard to compare them.

But all three would walk into the first XI imo.

Who would you drop?

Who would you drop?

Very harsh on him but Cork. Spider and Banega behind Ramirez but they could probably switch places all three. I think Ramirez is underrated in his defensive work.

But Cork would get a lot of games too, we need to alternate in CM to keep form over a whole season.

Update from the Twitter-sphere:

CalCal256: @reluctantnicko evening Alan ! Whats going on saintsfc related? or is it relatively low key at the moment

reluctantnicko: @CalCal256 Waiting on Wanyama info. Expect it to be positive.

BradleyyRees: @reluctantnicko I've read Wanyama is on his holiday til 10th July, any chance of him taking time out to get it done or will we have to wait?

reluctantnicko: @BradleyyRees Can agree terms easily. Medical after his jollies. All good.

reluctantnicko: @danbsfc @BradleyyRees Celtic make a huge profit. Southampton get their man. Player gets his move and a whacking pay rise. Win, win, win.

reluctantnicko: @danbsfc @BradleyyRees Green lights everywhere on it. Can't see 'bigger' club coming in. Been available for long enough. Lad on buttons.

danbsfc: @reluctantnicko @BradleyyRees back page of Scotland on Sunday tomorrow. Same as you're hearing Alan? http://t.co/3LK7BFVXnL

reluctantnicko: @danbsfc @BradleyyRees Think that's pretty accurate. Lad flying back? That's a development

In summary, the deal 'seems' to be progressing pretty rapidly by the sound of things. Lts get it done and dusted and move on.

Very harsh on him but Cork. Spider and Banega behind Ramirez but they could probably switch places all three. I think Ramirez is underrated in his defensive work.

But Cork would get a lot of games too, we need to alternate in CM to keep form over a whole season.

Ramirez will be huge for us next seasom imho. Just needed a full season to settle in imho

According to David Friel of The Scottish Sun, Victor Wanyama could soon be leaving Celtic after a transfer fee was agreed for his services.

Not to Manchester United, Arsenal or Liverpool, though, but to big-spending Southampton, whose manager, Mauricio Pochettino, just happens to be a friend of the agent of the Kenyan powerhouse.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1681284-summer-transfer-window-gossip-victor-wanyama-luis-alberto-paulinho-isco/page/6

According to David Friel of The Scottish Sun, Victor Wanyama could soon be leaving Celtic after a transfer fee was agreed for his services.

Not to Manchester United, Arsenal or Liverpool, though, but to big-spending Southampton, whose manager, Mauricio Pochettino, just happens to be a friend of the agent of the Kenyan powerhouse.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1681284-summer-transfer-window-gossip-victor-wanyama-luis-alberto-paulinho-isco/page/6

That is this article from yesterday.

5AssxH3.png

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4979463/Wan-for-the-road-as-Hoops-net-record-deal.html

"VIC LEAVES

CELTIC last night agreed a record-breaking £10million-plus fee with Southampton for Victor Wanyama.

As exclusively revealed in SunSport this week, Saints are in pole position to land the Kenyan powerhouse.

We can confirm Celtic have officially granted Wanyama, 21, permission to talk to the Premier League side.

Wanyama admitted last night that he is weighing up a megabucks move — with just personal terms to be thrashed out.

He said: “Yes, my club has agreed terms with Southampton, but I will also have to agree to terms before I consider myself a Saint. The deal is far from being complete.”

Arsenal, Cardiff, Stoke, Galatasaray and Inter Milan are among several clubs also interested in the Hoops’ prized asset.

But Celtic chiefs see no reason why the Saints deal won’t be completed.

Wanyama has made no secret of his desire to quit Parkhead having rejected the offer of an improved contract to stay.

SunSport understands Celtic will be stunned if the midfielder stalls on moving to St Mary’s."

Maybe this is where Poch is a level up on Adders? Better contacts?

They are based in Barcelona, so not impossible that there is a link to MP:

http://extratime.es/clients/14/victor-wanyama

What's happened to the guy from Roma now then that Simon peach was going about. We need another left back for cover, same for right back, centre mid, winger with pace and centre forward. If we could put a bid in for lukaku that would be great. Seems he's not out of our reach!

Talk to anyone in wales (i have) some (50%) support cardiff and some (50%) support swansea.

Population = 3 million

Are you suggesting that half of the people in north Wales (many with scouse accents) support a South Wales club over a Merseyside or Manchester club?

Cardiff has Cardiff and a few small towns as its fan base.

Portsmouth/Southampton metropolitan area:1,547,000 Portsmouth (500,000), Southampton (376,000), Bognor Regis (66,000), Salisbury (29,000), Winchester (27,000), Andover (26,000)

Cardiff and South Wales valleys metropolitan area 1,097,000 Cardiff (353,000), Newport (192,000), Rhondda (60,000), Merthyr Tydfil (55,000), Cwmbran (45,000), Barry, Vale of Glamorgan (50,000), Bridgend (30,000), Pontypridd (30,000), Caerphilly (30,000), Ebbw Vale (22,000)

Glasgow metropolitan area 1,395,000 Glasgow (1,228,000), East Kilbride (74,000), Cumbernauld (51,000), Kilmarnock (45,000), Dumbarton (23,000)

Portsmouth/Southampton metropolitan area:1,547,000 Portsmouth (500,000), Southampton (376,000), Bognor Regis (66,000), Salisbury (29,000), Winchester (27,000), Andover (26,000)

Cardiff and South Wales valleys metropolitan area 1,097,000 Cardiff (353,000), Newport (192,000), Rhondda (60,000), Merthyr Tydfil (55,000), Cwmbran (45,000), Barry, Vale of Glamorgan (50,000), Bridgend (30,000), Pontypridd (30,000), Caerphilly (30,000), Ebbw Vale (22,000)

Glasgow metropolitan area 1,395,000 Glasgow (1,228,000), East Kilbride (74,000), Cumbernauld (51,000), Kilmarnock (45,000), Dumbarton (23,000)

So you agree..... Cardiff are a bigger club than us

Wow, out of 500k pompey can only manage the adams family and a fool in a dodgy hat