Victor Wanyama - Officially Signed

patred44

Saints photographer is in town... Make of that what you will...

@Wattsypics: Why do Southampton city council insist in putting road calming obsticals in the road that then make the road a death trap #idiots

wtf is an obstical ????? Jesus,it's getting worse by the day. Invaded by phonetic English

Laughable coming from the Crook.

Adam Blackmore just made me LOL! :D

bigadamsport: Same time warp as this? RT @alex_crook: Hearing rumours #saintsfc will play #cfc on first weekend of the season. poch v his old mate Mourinho

alex_crook: @bigadamsport guess we are all wrong some of the time

Some more often than others Alex...

Haha Adam Blackmore from Solent just ruined Crook.

Alex Goring Crook‏@alex_crook11m

Am I in a time warp? @solentsport: Representatives of Victor Wanyama are in talks with #saintsfc after clubs agree £12m fee for midfielder

Adam Blackmore‏@bigadamsport1m

Same time warp as this?RT @alex_crook: Hearing rumours #saintsfc will play #cfc on first weekend of the season. poch v his old mate Mourinho

Ask him if Verdu will still sign for us

signed for Betis Seville today, strange that after announcing he was definitely signing for Olympiakos, playing the market methinks.

Got a 4 year contract out of them, explains why he didn't sign for us, 4 years at 30, nah Nicola would just laugh at that.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Haha Adam Blackmore from Solent just ruined Crook.

Alex Goring Crook‏@alex_crook11m

Am I in a time warp? @solentsport: Representatives of Victor Wanyama are in talks with #saintsfc after clubs agree £12m fee for midfielder

Adam Blackmore‏@bigadamsport1m

Same time warp as this?RT @alex_crook: Hearing rumours #saintsfc will play #cfc on first weekend of the season. poch v his old mate Mourinho

Dear me. Good on Mr Blackmore

signed for Betis Seville today, strange that after announcing he was definitely signing for Olympiakos, playing the market methinks.

Got a 4 year contract outr of them, explains why he didn't sign for us, 4 years at 30, nah Nicola would just laugh at that.

Yea saw that, Crook was still suggesting that he would sign for us when it was apparent everywhere else that we were never interested.

Key part of the BBC Scotland report is that his reps are in talks rather than the talks have ended. Im sure the BBC Scotland Senior Football Reporter has a good line into Celtic and would have a fairly accurate idea of where it is.

Clearly there is other interest so we need to make an offer that makes him want to come here now rather than sit and wait it out.

Barry you might be right, but if you let yourself get fleeced once by an agent, every other agent will fleece you so it's much better to lose out signing the player and keeping your hard ball reputation in tact. I think that most of us have some faith in the dealings of the chairman.

Barry you might be right, but if you let yourself get fleeced once by an agent, every other agent will fleece you so it's much better to lose out signing the player and keeping your hard ball reputation in tact. I think that most of us have some faith in the dealings of the chairman.

Trouble is if you don't allow the agent to 'fleece' you they will advise their client to go elsewhere, somewhere where the agent gets more money. Playing hardball was ok when we were in the lower leagues and the player knew what a good opportunity they might miss, the problem now is that their are bigger and better clubs which we are trying to compete with so they won't be missing out on their 'big chance' by not coming to us.

The agent does not control the ability of the player though, is he worth £12 Million after having a good season in the SPL? Who else has gone in for him, who have we beaten to hia signature? That would be a fair indication of the standard and where he is at.

and what happens next time the agent has a player wanting to be moved on and there's a choice of 2 clubs, the agent advises on the one which gives him a nice brucey

and what happens next time the agent has a player wanting to be moved on and there's a choice of 2 clubs, the agent advises on the one which gives him a nice brucey

The biggest indication of us cushioning players is Ramirez, how much is he on? He has admitted he only came to Southampton for the money, his agent got a basic salary as opposed to a performance related pay deal..........................................

The agent does not control the ability of the player though, is he worth £12 Million after having a good season in the SPL? Who else has gone in for him, who have we beaten to hia signature? That would be a fair indication of the standard and where he is at.

Most of the celtic fans think he is, they think he's be a top player for a top club. Are they right, no idea. Personally I've only seen him in a few champions league games.

Most of the celtic fans think he is, they think he's be a top player for a top club. Are they right, no idea. Personally I've only seen him in a few champions league games.

how can Celtic fans possibly know what a good player looks like, there aren't any in jockland, if there were they'd be playing elsewhere. It is impossible to judge a good player in your side when the opposition is of the standard of Inverness and St Johnstone. If we played Eastleigh every week our 3rd team reserves would look good. When we were in League 1 all of our players looked like the Bee's Bollix but as we've risen through the divisions they've fallen rapidly by the wayside. We also gave a couple of top sides a run for their money in the Cup, remember Man U, just losing because Dickson was an utter c..t, and yet those players in the main haven't made the step up apart from a few exceptional talents who've always got another gear in the box. We are going to regret this deal if it goes through, mark my words.

For all we know Wanyama might want to come but his agent is trying to get his fee and saying the deal is off. Obviously this is part of the game but these agents don't do their players any favours when we get threads saying what a greedy fecker he is where in reality he might be quite happy with what's on offer