Transfer deadline day thread (Summer 2013)

Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

Man City sign Demichellis. What's that one all about then?

He left Malaga and was signed by At.Madrid on a free transfer, and a month later they've managed to sell him for £5m. Great business by Ath. Madrid, they've basically just bought money.

If that wasn't a panic signing then I don't know what one is. They should have been awake earlier on and got him for free....

It's man city, when the pockets are that deep it really doesn't matter sadly

Do we?

There are quotes from MP post Norwich match where he said a couple of areas could do with strengthening.

http://www.football365.com/premier-league/8901096/Hughton-looking-at-more-signings

Southampton's summer recruitment has involved less players but came at a cost of £35million, with Dejan Lovren, Victor Wanyama and Dani Osvaldo the three arrivals.

Saints broke their transfer record to bring in the latter two, but Pochettino suggests there is still money left to spend.

"We will see what happens from here until Monday," he said.

"There's a long time that we can make a lot of decisions, but, like us, the rest of the clubs are also looking to add to the squads, or have players leave their squads, so from here until now we'll see what happens.

"We'll see, there's a couple of areas that perhaps we need to reinforce in the side, but as I said there's a couple more days left for us to make decisions."

Lennon stuff is complete rumour, zero substance.

All the other deals we have done have been drawn out sagas. If we get someone then it will be a loan IMO but not expecting us to.

MP quotes there I haven't heard as part of any intrrview and before the game he said he was happy with our business and happy if we didnt add any further.

Lennon stuff is complete rumour, zero substance.

All the other deals we have done have been drawn out sagas. If we get someone then it will be a loan IMO but not expecting us to.

MP quotes there I haven't heard as part of any intrrview and before the game he said he was happy with our business and happy if we didnt add any further.

He said those quotes above to the national media after y/day's match.

What are your sources telling you about today glega?

Club have expressed an interest in a number of players over the summer, if their clubs contact Saints today to say player is now avalible we may make a move. Being led by market rather than chasing any specific target(s) at the moment.

Its a crazy day so things can change and happen quickly.

Anything from your contact(s)?

Doubt if we'll do anything more, wouldn't mind a left back myself, someone like Assou Ekotto but apparently QPR are trying to get him on loan. Difficult to get players out of London once they get in there, seem attached to it with a bit of string, like Puncheon.

Have you seen Assou Ekotto play before?

TERRIBLE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free