Transfer deadline day thread (Summer 2013)

Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

Your stupid if you don't think Lennon would have a massive impact at Saints.

I really want us to get a winger, a left back would also be nice:)

As you get older you'll hopefully realize that people who don't share your opinion are not necessarily stupid.

Within weeks of him arriving here, if he ever does, this forum (including "WTF Delldays") will be saying he has tons of skill but his final ball is often very poor.

That doesn't represent any kind of improvement, never mind a "massive" one.

All of this knee-jerkery is happening because our two fullbacks - vital to our system - didn't play yesterday.

Just my opinion.

As you get older you'll hopefully realize that people who don't share your opinion are not necessarily stupid.

Within weeks of him arriving here, if he ever does, this forum (including "WTF Delldays") will be saying he has tons of skill but his final ball is often very poor.

That doesn't represent any kind of improvement, never mind a "massive" one.

All of this knee-jerkery is happening because our two fullbacks - vital to our system - didn't play yesterday.

Just my opinion.

I think you are right about the fullbacks. They give us pace and additional attacking options when they overlap. The are also very good and playing balls in to the front players once they have progressed upfield - something we have been lacking with Chambers and Fox. Clyne and Shaw back will be a massive boost or us.

You used to be really funny to read on here :(

The constant name calling and insults that you favour are sooooo boring mate. Give it a rest K

Just saying it as i see it. Not here to make jokes and make you laugh (sorry) This is the saints forum not a comedians or clowns forum?

Imho we dont need anymore players..... We have a great squad and just need to get the team playing well.

The constant name calling and insults that you favour are sooooo boring mate. Give it a rest K

Just saying it as i see it. Not here to make jokes and make you laugh (sorry) This is the saints forum not a comedians or clowns forum?

Imho we dont need anymore players..... We have a great squad and just need to get the team playing well.

Agree with the last sentence.

Any signing tomorrow will be a sign of panic imho

We DONT need new players, just need to get more from the great players we have!

If mopo cant get something (top 10) from this squad, then he's potentially finished as a top flight manager imho

We may have been working on getting someone in for some time and he suddenly becomes available in which case it is a strategic buy and not a panic or you could be right and we take someone in on the spur of the moment. Using your argument Bale would be a panic buy for Real Madrid when in fact it has been on the cards for months!

We may have been working on getting someone in for some time and he suddenly becomes available in which case it is a strategic buy and not a panic or you could be right and we take someone in on the spur of the moment. Using your argument Bale would be a panic buy for Real Madrid when in fact it has been on the cards for months!

Mopo was happy with the squad and signings before Norwich, now he's not? Whats changed in 2 days?

RM have been chasing Bale all summer...... We on the other hand completed our business (very good business btw) when we signed Ossie.

I don't think we'll see anyone else come in, and would be very surprised if we did sign someone. Looking through the team, and the first XI looks strong - the question arises from whether the back -ups are up to it if called upon long term. I think the squad overall is strong. Clyne or Fox have the left back slot covered, Davis and Gazzaniga CDAJFU as back up to Boruc, and Chambers has solved the headache of the right back slot cover.

My only concern with the team is in attacking midfield, one more big splurge on a player that can unlock a tight game with a worldy or incisive pass could earn us points we'd otherwise not get, and with Puncheon gone we're weaker in this area than were. If we didn't bring anyone in, then fine. But one signing in this position on deadline day and I'll be moist.

Kaka, Di Maria and Ozil now available to grab from Madrid.

Not saying they're for us, but it's going to be quite an interesting 24 hours I think. So many deadline days have fallen flat on their arses, but this one has the potential to throw up some pretty big surprises....

Surprised at the enthusiasm for Lennon. Bags of pace, loads of trickery, crap final ball.

Net improvement - zero.

Thing is, I actually don't think it would take someone particularly special to improve our side. A player with raw pace, directness and the ability to beat a man would make a huge difference to us and as I say, I don't think they'd need to be that brilliant a player to vastly improve the effectiveness of the team as a whole.

Lennon would be an absolutely outstanding signing AND might allow us to actually go 4-4-2.

Thing is, I actually don't think it would take someone particularly special to improve our side. A player with raw pace, directness and the ability to beat a man would make a huge difference to us and as I say, I don't think they'd need to be that brilliant a player to vastly improve the effectiveness of the team as a whole.

Lennon would be an absolutely outstanding signing AND might allow us to actually go 4-4-2.

Don't want to see us play 442, it is just not very effective. He could play wide of the 4231 though. Not that he will be coming here anyway.

Man City sign Demichellis. What's that one all about then?

He left Malaga and was signed by At.Madrid on a free transfer, and a month later they've managed to sell him for £5m. Great business by Ath. Madrid, they've basically just bought money.

If that wasn't a panic signing then I don't know what one is. They should have been awake earlier on and got him for free....