West Ham Build up

Saint Garrett

Oi you lot! WTF is this weather forecast for tomorrow? We haven't packed our wet suits FFS.

And as for playing our football in70mph winds.......

#worriedenoughtohavemorebeer

Sent from my HTC One X using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

No problem in Barasti Phil. We'll just make sure they got the AC right!

First game to miss for ages, so I will be following on net but I think Saints should be too much for Lob it high and long West Ham. Saints just need to be more forceful and get at em when they los the ball. Set pieces for Saints is like watching Dr Who behind the sofa, just a horrible nightmare. Late corners, free kicks and long distance shots are not dealt with by Saints BUT if we get this right this season then the oddschecker web site will be correct in putting us to win and top 10 finish. Other scorers now need to pile to goals in as I don't think lambert will play. The midfield looks much better and at times the wings dominate but then 2nd half its change of tactics. Saints 3-1.

I'm trying to get my ahead around starting the trio of Jay-Rod, Osvaldo, and Lambert starting but I just can't find a formation or balance that makes sense with Lallana starting as well.

Unless I think of Osvaldo as a striker too much, and in fact he starts on the right and Jay-Rod on the left with Lallana behind Lambert? But even then it doesn't feel right - the instincts of the wide men will be to come inside all the time and right now we're not moving the ball quick enough to take advantage of 'overload' areas of the pitch flooded with players.

Alternatively we've gone all in with this play 'from' positions instead of 'in' positions idea and Lambert, Osvaldo, and Jay Rod will rotate but the whole thing has the potential to be a disaster. At least it won't be a boring game though. And I hope I am massively wrong about it not working.

I'm trying to get my ahead around starting the trio of Jay-Rod, Osvaldo, and Lambert starting but I just can't find a formation or balance that makes sense with Lallana starting as well.

Unless I think of Osvaldo as a striker too much, and in fact he starts on the right and Jay-Rod on the left with Lallana behind Lambert? But even then it doesn't feel right - the instincts of the wide men will be to come inside all the time and right now we're not moving the ball quick enough to take advantage of 'overload' areas of the pitch flooded with players.

I'm pretty sure Osvaldo implied that some of his problems with Roma stemmed from that he wasn't played as the central striker. I didn't see the Norwich game, but certainly against Sunderland it looked as if he was being deployed as far forwards as possible. I can't see that he'd make such reference to it if he was being lined up again for anything other than a central striking role.

Alternatively we've gone all in with this play 'from' positions instead of 'in' positions idea and Lambert' date=' Osvaldo, and Jay Rod will rotate but the whole thing has the potential to be a disaster. At least it won't be a boring game though. And I hope I am massively wrong about it not working.[/quote']

I'm certainly in the camp of "wait and see", but I do have concerns about our formation. Clearly Osvaldo is a very good player and offers something we don't have; I just don't think he fits into our existing system without dropping Lambert. Rickie Lambert is certainly not a number 10 IMO, and the only other option I see is for us to be playing some form of 4-4-2, which I'm not overly enamoured with.

I'm certainly in the camp of "wait and see", but I do have concerns about our formation. Clearly Osvaldo is a very good player and offers something we don't have; I just don't think he fits into our existing system without dropping Lambert. Rickie Lambert is certainly not a number 10 IMO, and the only other option I see is for us to be playing some form of 4-4-2, which I'm not overly enamoured with.

There has often been a need for us to play someone else up front with Lambert however my may concern is that whenever that has happened and we've played 4-4-2'ish it has resulted in lumping it long, as though four in midfield for some reason means we can't move the ball upfield and keep it on the deck.

Have the same concerns. 442 doesn't seem to work for us, and didn't at all last season either.

You would think that Osvaldo won't e left out either, and sure Rickie won't. Pochettino needs to find the right balance, but personally feel we need to stick with 4231 and J-Rod should play as he offers us something that noone else has, pace and direct running. Noone else really runs at anyone in our side.

Am looking forward to this one as I think games against London teams home & away are

great but am thinking that the weather may be interesting tomorrow so will see what

happens and is my 1st game at St Mary's this season as I missed the Sunderland game

being on holiday in Scotland so will be good to be back and am going for either 2-0 or

2/3-1 Saints tbh as a win would be great and would take us either level or above Man U

and others so will see what happens....!!!

COYR!!! :D

I'd go anti-WH for this I think, i.e. play the proper creative players, keep the ball, out pass them. Get Lallana and Ramirez on the ball as much as possible. 4-2-2-2 in a way, lots of full back attacking.

Hope Chambers and JWP don't start. Nothing against them, both will be great, but both are disrupting things a bit and other options will produce far better results IMO.

Couldn't agree more.

Agree.

Clyne/ Lovren / Yoshida / Shaw

VW / Schbeiderlin

Lallana / Lambert / Ramirez

Osvaldo

Lambert in his England v Moldova role (one goal and two assists again ;) )

Front four interchanging.

WHU struggling with Ramirez's run & giving free kicks away in Lambert range.

Must win game to keep on course for the title Chelsea and City dropped points, up to us to keep the pressure.

On a serious note, we need to win and hopefully Osvaldo and Gaston start showing there promise, Clyne back in at RB we need his pace to mark Jarvis and Cork gets some playing time, they have no Carroll who was bullying us last season and winning crap descions, should be ok and stop them scoring in open play however concern will be set plays, if we score two we will win, cant see WHUFC scoring two goals, there a good side but missing some fire power.

Think it will be Boruc; Clyne Fonte Lovren Shaw; J-Rod Wanyama Morgan Lallana; Osvaldo Lambert

Pretty much the same as Norwich but Clyne and J-Rod in for JWP and Chambers. Would rather we didn't play 442 though again, didn't work vs Norwich.

Wonder if we may go 4-3-3 with Lallana a little deeper and J-Rod and Osvaldo playing either side of Lambert, think that's a good formation with those front 3 rotating

We played 4-4-2 away at Wigan in the second half and we were excellent. Long term I'm not sure it suits our squad though. To be honest, formations are rarely the issue - with better finishing or better set piece marking we would've beaten Sunderland and would have two wins out of three.

Usually go to wetherspoons, kingsland and then the king Alfred before the game. Can anyone recommends anywhere that's decent?? Want to try something different!! COYR

Alfred's been closed for a while now, so if you want to try something different then grab a couple of bottles of white lightning, climb over the wall round the back and squat in the doorway swigging cider. Alternatively, the Frog & Parrot is alright.

Alfred's been closed for a while now, so if you want to try something different then grab a couple of bottles of white lightning, climb over the wall round the back and squat in the doorway swigging cider. Alternatively, the Frog & Parrot is alright.

Nah steer clear of the frog and parrot mate (it gets packed enough in there as it is haha)

Nah steer clear of the frog and parrot mate (it gets packed enough in there as it is haha)

Ouch ... maybe a 4am finish wasn't the best of ideas ahead of a couple of hours drive to Nottingham and humping then suitcases and boxes up a couple of flights of stairs! A Pub Roast dinner needed before setting off. In serious danger of missing KO. Oh well as long as I can see the HT highlights if there are any!! COYS

Oi you lot! WTF is this weather forecast for tomorrow? We haven't packed our wet suits FFS.

And as for playing our football in70mph winds.......

#worriedenoughtohavemorebeer

Sent from my HTC One X using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Am unfortunately missing this one live Phil cant get away from my Riyadh trips! But hope to be in Barasti Mike if i can get away from work on time!

Plus it must stick in throat somewhat to pay £40 - £50 a time to watch a very depressing brand of football.

with the ease of watching online and most of the time with good quality (maybe hook up to your telly)

cant see how clubs can charge near on £40 for a game, long term