West Ham Build up

Saint Garrett

I cannot believe the number of people that would drop Lambert. Its crazy. The guy has just lead the line for England in the last two WC qualifiers. I also don't understand the logic of thinking Lambert should drop into the 10 position. Our formation works best when Lambert leads the line and we have runners to get beyond him like Lallana, Rodriguez, and now Osvaldo. I also don't understand this fascination with Ramirez. Until he starts impacting games he shouldn't start, regardless of his price tag. For me we should go with...

Boruc

Clyne Fonte Lovren Shaw

Morgan Wanyama

J Rod Lallana Osvaldo

Lambert

Would expect WHU to line up as:

-----Jaaskelienen------

Demel Reid Collins OBrien

------Noble-Diame------

Vaz Te--Nolan--Jarvis

---------Maiga---------

Good level of Prem experience there, but not a lot of excitement.

Vaz Te and Jarvis are inconsistent but capable on their day and a CM 3 of Noble, Diame and Nolan is streetwise.

We should win, but they will try to disrupt our rhythm, niggle at our attacking players and try to capitalise on set plays, especially given our weakness defending them.

Good level of Prem experience there, but not a lot of excitement.

Vaz Te and Jarvis are inconsistent but capable on their day and a CM 3 of Noble, Diame and Nolan is streetwise.

We should win, but they will try to disrupt our rhythm, niggle at our attacking players and try to capitalise on set plays, especially given our weakness defending them.

It's also a game I'd hope we would win, so we will probably lose! Probably for all the reasons you have mentioned above. We don't seem to have an answer for those tactics and that's exactly as I see it unfolding. I'm expecting a very frustrating Sunday afternoon at St Mary's. I look forward to being completely wrong though ;) A lambert hat trick on his 200th appearance and Osvaldo to get off the mark in a 4 nil victory would be great!

It's also a game I'd hope we would win, so we will probably lose! Probably for all the reasons you have mentioned above. We don't seem to have an answer for those tactics and that's exactly as I see it unfolding. I'm expecting a very frustrating Sunday afternoon at St Mary's. I look forward to being completely wrong though ;) A lambert hat trick on his 200th appearance and Osvaldo to get off the mark in a 4 nil victory would be great!

If its anything like this then we will all have something to smile about. IIRC that was Le Tiss first good goal for us.

[video=youtube;rD6dn-a6E7E]

If its anything like this then we will all have something to smile about. IIRC that was Le Tiss first good goal for us.

[video=youtube;rD6dn-a6E7E]

Loved watching that.

What a team, what a brilliant kit too.

Nice route one goal as well, Colin Clarke knocking on to Rideout. Hooooof my son. Don't knock it.

Would expect WHU to line up as:

-----Jaaskelienen------

Demel Reid Collins OBrien

------Noble-Diame------

Vaz Te--Nolan--Jarvis

---------Maiga---------

That's a solid starting XI. Noble, Diame and Nolan are all consistent performers and have good PL experience, whereas Jarvis and Vaz Te offer them decent pace down the flanks. Will be tough.

I would play:

Boruc

Clyne

Fonte

Lovren

Shaw

Wanyama

Schneiderlin

Lallana

Osvaldo

Lambert

Rodriguez

Loved watching that.

What a team, what a brilliant kit too.

Nice route one goal as well, Colin Clarke knocking on to Rideout. Hooooof my son. Don't knock it.

and loved seeing the Dell like that as well, good away following from West Ham there, can imagine just what they were like, and the football special back out of Central after the match.

Good times. would love a result like that tomorrow, got a feeling it will be 0-0 though.

and loved seeing the Dell like that as well, good away following from West Ham there, can imagine just what they were like, and the football special back out of Central after the match.

Good times. would love a result like that tomorrow, got a feeling it will be 0-0 though.

Before the old archers and Milton were demolished it really was a great old ground. Love the footage from that era, seems like a different world to the rent a fan, corporate propaganda machine that is modern day soccerball with It's match day experience and celebrity chairmen.

Before the old archers and Milton were demolished it really was a great old ground. Love the footage from that era, seems like a different world to the rent a fan, corporate propaganda machine that is modern day soccerball with It's match day experience and celebrity chairmen.

This is my enduring image of the Milton Road End, where I spent my formative years before moving to the Lower East terraces and subsequently Archers Road seats.

southampton-dell.jpg?w=640&h=218

Loved the atmosphere in there and the surge when a goal went in, ending up miles away from everyone you went with.

Straight after that saints west ham game in the footage above I played for Salisbury and South Wilts in a match on the pitch - we used the room at the bottom of the stairs where the players ran out as a changing room and we litteraly came straight out at the final whistle. Then they kept the West Ham fans in for15 minutes and I warmed up in front of them..every time I caught the ball they cheered every time I let it in they booed ..I played first half in front of Milton Road and let 3 goals in ...remember how much bigger it all seemed on the pitch. My one chance to play at the Dell and I conceded three goals, broke my thumb and got subbed at half time ha

Straight after that saints west ham game in the footage above I played for Salisbury and South Wilts in a match on the pitch - we used the room at the bottom of the stairs where the players ran out as a changing room and we litteraly came straight out at the final whistle. Then they kept the West Ham fans in for15 minutes and I warmed up in front of them..every time I caught the ball they cheered every time I let it in they booed ..I played first half in front of Milton Road and let 3 goals in ...remember how much bigger it all seemed on the pitch. My one chance to play at the Dell and I conceded three goals, broke my thumb and got subbed at half time ha

Good day, considered lol

I can't shake the feeling we will get utterly trashed this weekend.

Not in a WUM we are a terrible side and will certainly be relegated kind of way, more a freak Saints on tv v Blackpool kind of way.

.....That said Tandanari Lee hat trick incoming.

We are a terrible side?

Right then.

I see everyone is picking Clyne at right back - as I would. I have been away for most of the start of the season but see Chambers has started at right back. So...

...was Clyne injured/not match fit for some reason, or does MP just prefer Chambers? If the latter, I assume theres no reason to think he'll change his mind?

I remember saints west ham. 1982 or 83 i think. Up the Archers. It kicked off a bit right in front of me as some hammers had infiltrated. They got removed. Outside it was a bit carnage. Some stampedes. Think an old guy had a heart attack. Don't recall the score but i did go to frans cafe on the portswood road for breakfast and sank 3 pints in a minute at the Royal Oak up the road for a bet. Promptly returned 2.5 of them though. Ahh. Football in The Olden days. Got quite s few saints west ham storiy memories actually ..

I'd go anti-WH for this I think, i.e. play the proper creative players, keep the ball, out pass them. Get Lallana and Ramirez on the ball as much as possible. 4-2-2-2 in a way, lots of full back attacking.

Hope Chambers and JWP don't start. Nothing against them, both will be great, but both are disrupting things a bit and other options will produce far better results IMO.

Yep

I wonder if Nolan (or was it Noble) will continue with his effective tactic of crowding and backing our keeper over the goal line during corner kicks. I expect so since it was so effective against us at West Ham last year. A perfect tactic since the ref is unsighted.

I wonder if Nolan (or was it Noble) will continue with his effective tactic of crowding and backing our keeper over the goal line during corner kicks. I expect so since it was so effective against us at West Ham last year. A perfect tactic since the ref is unsighted.

probably nolan.

I see everyone is picking Clyne at right back - as I would. I have been away for most of the start of the season but see Chambers has started at right back. So...

...was Clyne injured/not match fit for some reason, or does MP just prefer Chambers? If the latter, I assume theres no reason to think he'll change his mind?

Clyne missed a fair bit of pre-season through injury otherwise he would have been first-choice from the off. He looked pretty sharp and hungry for the ball in the cup game at Barnsley, and he played the full 90 minutes, so I was surprised he didn't start against Norwich. Following the two-week break for the internationals, I fully expect him to start tomorrow because he is most definitely a better option (at this stage anyway) than Chambers.

Not criticising Pochettino as such, but some of his team selections & substitutions in our first three games have surprised me a little - Clyne on the bench when seemingly fit & consistently taking off Lallana just two examples.

Well aware that Clyne had a stop-start pre-season which was interrupted by injury, so tomorrow's starting XI may give a good indication as to which of these decisions have been forced...

Interested to see how we line up - for me, I'd go with:

------------------ Boruc -------------------

Clyne ------ Fonte ------ Lovren ------ Shaw

--------- Wanyama -- Schneiderlin -------

Rodriguez ------ Osvaldo -------- Lallana

----------------- Lambert ----------------

Subs: K.Davis, Chambers, Yoshida, Cork, Ward-Prowse, Ramirez, Lee

I'd go anti-WH for this I think, i.e. play the proper creative players, keep the ball, out pass them. Get Lallana and Ramirez on the ball as much as possible. 4-2-2-2 in a way, lots of full back attacking.

Hope Chambers and JWP don't start. Nothing against them, both will be great, but both are disrupting things a bit and other options will produce far better results IMO.

Your hope will come true.

Your hope will come true.

That's a good thing then, Clyne especially. Especially in the Sunderland game we lost a good deal of our attacking penetration without Clyne bombing forward. Chambers is clearly a talent but simply doesn't give us the array of options going forward that Clyne does.

Think it will be Boruc; Clyne Fonte Lovren Shaw; J-Rod Wanyama Morgan Lallana; Osvaldo Lambert

Pretty much the same as Norwich but Clyne and J-Rod in for JWP and Chambers. Would rather we didn't play 442 though again, didn't work vs Norwich.

Correct

Thats a very attacking team for an away match.Should break the goal drought, for good or ill.

Oi you lot! WTF is this weather forecast for tomorrow? We haven't packed our wet suits FFS.

And as for playing our football in70mph winds.......

#worriedenoughtohavemorebeer

Sent from my HTC One X using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

No problem in Barasti Phil. We'll just make sure they got the AC right!