Puncheon ……… ...JayRod............……………Lallana

………………...............SRL……………………………….

v MoPo team (Norwich)

----------------------Boruc----------------------------

Chambers---------Fonte-------Lovren------------Fox

----------------Wanyama ……Morgan…………………

JWP………............... Osvaldo...............……………Lallana

……………….................SRL……………………………….

My team would win handsomely don’t you think (3-1 I reckon) ? Sort of makes you wonder doesn't it........

Some from each would be better

----------------------Boruc----------------------------

Clyne ---------Fonte-------Lovren------------Shaw

----------------Cork……Morgan…………………

JWP……… .................SRL............……………Lallana

………………...............Osvaldo……………………………….

Because Rickie's roaming, linking play in the hole with Ossie's speed and aggression upfront would scare the brown stuff out of Sham. And this is our best midfield and defence.

Bench from: Ramires, Wanyama, Fox, Maya, Kelvin, JayRod

Carroll confirmed as injured by David Sullivan's son Jack.

They arent sure how bad yet but he won't play a part on Sunday it doesnt look like.

Been on the Charlie according to my WHU supporting mate, injury a cover up.

Also unlikely.

This is the sort of game we lose, patched up team, no strikers, Maiga will score a la Jay Bothroyd last year.

So true. They're just going to come and sit with 11 men behind the ball, and then play either Maiga or Vaz Te and hit us on the break or from set pieces. If we lose I may cry as all my mates are West Ham. We owe them one from that sh1te performance at the Boleyn last season.

So true. They're just going to come and sit with 11 men behind the ball, and then play either Maiga or Vaz Te and hit us on the break or from set pieces. If we lose I may cry as all my mates are West Ham. We owe them one from that sh1te performance at the Boleyn last season.

Well hopefully MP will have devised some kind of strategy to counter that. Can't say i'm feeling too confident about this one though.

Carroll out, injured again on returning to training.

West Ham havn't looked great this season, but yes, as you would expect from Allardyce they will defend stoutly.

I'll be optimistic and believe we will convert at least one of the chances we carve out, Osvaldo from a Rickie assist.

1-0.

Boruc

Clyne Yoshida Lovren Shaw

Wanyama Schneiderlin

Osvaldo Lallana JRod

SRL

Subs: K Davis, Chambers, Cork, Fonte, JWP, Ramirez, Guly

This is how the team should be if all are fully fit but I get the feeling that MP will play Fonte instead of Maya and will want to use JWP somewhere or other in the starting line up.

Remove JWP and you take away our set piece delivery. I would start him instead of Morgan.

Agreed, but I would swap him in for Rodriguez. If West Ham sit back, defend and play long balls, Jay's pace won't be as much of an asset, as he won't have the space to run into. I'd personally start with a front four of Rickie, supported by Adam, Ramirez and Osvaldo.

Who have they shifted out to free up the wages? Or is he going to play for free and eat squirrels whilst living in a tree at their training ground?

HTF should I know, they're signing him that's all I can tell you. Don't forget skintness is only relative at WHUFC. They're always skint, they always have money for strikers, bit like Pompey really.

They will park the bus and litter the game with niggly fouls hoping for a draw or a set piece. We've really struggled at this sort of game (think Sunderland) and need to learn how to break teams down. Clyne and Shaw and get some width and we dont need 2 defensive midfielders so im hoping for a 4-3-3 type formation with SRL, Osvaldo and JRod up top and Morgan, VW and Lallana in midfield

Osvaldo and Ramirez both red card candidates as they will be wound up the whole game

Wham set to sign Petric. Hardly fills me with dread, but gives them another body to lump it up to on Sunday.

I'd be massively dissapointed if we didn't beat that dross, especially without two of their 'better' players.

We're due to give someone a spanking and it might as well be Fat Sam's charges.

Edited by Toon Saint

HTF should I know, they're signing him that's all I can tell you. Don't forget skintness is only relative at WHUFC. They're always skint, they always have money for strikers, bit like Pompey really.

Wasn't having a dig at you, I was having a dig at them - sorry if it came across wrong.

The bit in bold is what I was alluding to re eating squirrels (copy-write RB in the PTS). I am amazed at how much they keep spunking, from their year in the champ (I sooo desperately wanted them to miss out on promotion) to the huge wages they have taken on this summer. And even more so when their chairman says they are their limit, so we should be too - when we haven't splashed out anywhere near their amount, and then go and sign someone else!!

It's strange, I used to quite like West Ham but am now starting to dislike them immensely.

Weird one this.

@dubaisaints are spread far and wide.

1 in London, 2 at the game, 3rd maybe making it insh'allah, 1 in Leigh, 1 in Frankfurt, 1 in Singapore, 1 in Doha, 1 on Miami Beach

Will be interesting comparing notes on the standard of coverage/taters in each location and levels of Jet Lag against Liverpool!

Boruc

Clyne yoshi lovren Shaw

Morgan VW

J rod Ramirez Lallana

Osvaldo

I think Lambert ran himself into the ground and would think he would be great to bring on off the bench. Also not a fan of Gaston but think he and osvaldo could unlock the west ham defence and I'm intrigued to see what they can do. Very dynamic front 4 and also looks like osvaldo and Lambert can't play together. Norwich seemed 442. Would bring cork in but feel VW could deal with diame.

I love a visit to KUMB twice a season when we play them. I love how we get hammered on there as delusional bumpkins who think we are Barcelona... Brilliant stuff from them.

Saying all that this is a home game and therefore a game we should be winning. I don't care if they play some nice stuff mixed with the direct stuff. Mixing it up is also something we employ at times when necessary. Simple fact is: we should win this one. They would feel exactly the same in the reverse fixture.

2-0 Lambert, Morgan