Nicola Cortese

Saint Charlie

dont forget, he is just an employee that could have any old CEO doing as good as him

he is just Lowe with some money behind him.

what we need to do, is all dress up like clowns and march to the stadium to protest against him

at the end of the day. he has been nothing but brilliant for the club

is he perfect? absolutely not

but his positives out weigh the negatives by a country mile

can spot a top manger it seems

For me most important man at the club

All hail The Don,and we'll see just how far we've come when he sends the big guns packing when they try and come in for our players.I think any of our starting 11 that we don't want to leave will only be going out the door for stupid money .The other chairmen must really hate him being here,gone are the days they can just cherry pick or brightest talent.Everyone has a price doesnt matter who they are.

Cortese is the the reason we are where we are are now.

his decision making has been exemplary.

both on the field and off it.

Pardew..did what was in his remit......

Adkins...did what was in his remit....

Pochettino,thus far...fulfilling his remit.

brave decisions have been made...but all correct.

I remember after going to the Dell to watch Saints thrash Sheffield Wednesday 5-1 to reach the FA cup semi final in 1984, which was also the start of our great run to 2nd place, my first thought was to the chairman and hope he was enjoying himself. This was the days before mongboards so I immediately wrote into the echo to say that I hoped Alan Woodford enjoyed his evening that night. He deserved it. Afterall, he was the reason why we won the FA cup in 1976, finished second, had the European footballer of the year and one of England's greatest ever goalkeepers play for us and qualify for Europe season after season, he got every big decision right and as a fan of the club I'm eternally grateful for what he did for us back then and wrote to the echo to tell him so.

He really knows what he's doing. Making those that wet themselves at Adkins sacking look a bit stupid imho.

Got to admit, I was one of those people. That decision was so against the will of the fans that it was difficult to comprehend at first, but MP has been exemplary so far and has us playing the best football I have ever seen us play. You've got to admire the confidence and sheer balls of the man to make such an unpopular decision, but it's definitely been justified now. Also makes me feel secure that the club is being run correctly from the top down, no more of this clowning and over/underspending based on our situation.

Future's bright!

He really knows what he's doing. Making those that wet themselves at Adkins sacking look a bit stupid imho.

Fact is Cortese has got every major decision relating to the club right. He's the single best thing to happen to Saints for years.

I was sorry for Adkins but pleased to say I 100% supported Cortese's decision at the time.

Don't want to prematurely ejaculate hope... But I think one day this man may get us our Champions League Stadium

I remember after going to the Dell to watch Saints thrash Sheffield Wednesday 5-1 to reach the FA cup semi final in 1984, which was also the start of our great run to 2nd place, my first thought was to the chairman and hope he was enjoying himself. This was the days before mongboards so I immediately wrote into the echo to say that I hoped Alan Woodford enjoyed his evening that night. He deserved it. Afterall, he was the reason why we won the FA cup in 1976, finished second, had the European footballer of the year and one of England's greatest ever goalkeepers play for us and qualify for Europe season after season, he got every big decision right and as a fan of the club I'm eternally grateful for what he did for us back then and wrote to the echo to tell him so.

Edited by Gemmel

Personally I loving this seasons kit, that bright red is aggressive and in your face and really reflects the way we play...."Some teams wait for you and some teams come and look for you. Potchitinos teams come look for you".....

No better way to do it than in Red Jacket signal red ;)

dont forget, he is just an employee that could have any old CEO doing as good as him

he is just Lowe with some money behind him.

what we need to do, is all dress up like clowns and march to the stadium to protest against him

at the end of the day. he has been nothing but brilliant for the club

is he perfect? absolutely not

but his positives out weigh the negatives by a country mile

can spot a top manger it seems

Shut up Dull Days.

Next decision for the future should be offering Pochettino a prolonged contract with at least two years IMO.

And I think it will happen sooner than later.

Indeed. Pardew and Adkins fulfilled their role, but at the moment MP is showing he could take us as far as we can really go with the squad we have.

As Gary Neville said, this kind of coaching plus players of top 4 level gets a Barca or Bayern and plenty of the top clubs will have noticed that.

In one of those rare (Cortese) interviews, he admitted that he loved football, but that he was nervous and often felt ill before games, (something that MP seems to have " coached -out " of the present rampant Saints squad).

However, this doesn't seem to have affected his skill to make fiscal and personnel decisions at the highest level.

He has a sort of " detachment " in these issues that seperates him from the " dyed-in-the wool " football oligarches who dictate everything in some other clubs.

Those occasional stories that come out of SMS about his management style, only go to show that those who complain about such things are perhaps in the wrong job to start with.

Most of the club (it seems) are all pulling in the same direction with the quite obvious success that we 've seen recently.

Determined?, detached?. .even cold-blooded? (perhaps).... but surely the game needs a few more people with his balanced vision in today's crazy football world.

There's plenty about the manner in which he runs this grand old club that I don't much like to be frank about it. His (petty minded) attitude towards the press and those who disagree with him could stand improvement. I'm not so sure we fans hold a very high place in his affections either. I must also say the level of coercion he saw fit to inflict on the Liebherr family last summer left a sour taste in the mouth of this fan.

But look how far we have come under his Chairmanship and consider just how superbly the team is playing now and even his sternest critic is forced - or dragged 'kicking and screaming' more like it - to concede that the Don has got most/all of the big decisions right so far.

Getting those big calls right kinda limits the grounds for complaint doesn't it?