5live tonight

saintedwill

He just predicted us to win only one more match before Christmas and to fall to 9th.

Its possible, although I predict 9 points.

Arsenal v Southampton Sat 23 Nov 15:00

Chelsea v Southampton Sun 1 Dec 16:10

Southampton v Aston Villa Wed 4 Dec 19:45

Southampton v Man City Sat 7 Dec 15:00

Newcastle v Southampton Sat 14 Dec 15:00

Southampton v Tottenham Sun 22 Dec 13:30

He just predicted us to win only one more match before Christmas and to fall to 9th.

He might be right, I hope he isn't. I hope no-one on here takes it too personally, he's not saying that he wants us to drop down the table, he's just saying that he thinks at the moment we're performing better that we will in the next set of games. We do have a really tough run of fixtures coming up.

We have had an easy set of fixtures so we are probably in a bit of a false position so I wouldn't be surprised if we only win one or two more before Xmas.

having said that, a bit of confidence goes a long way and we are playing well. If we can keep the team fit there is no reason why we cannot keep it up.

My favourite bit was when Armstrong said thay Saints way of playing could be compared to Jack Charlton's Middlesbrough team of the 1970s. Brilliant.

They were the benchmark of all great sides you know. when people talk about if a team is a good side, they always ask are they as good as Jack Charltons Middlesborough side from the 70s.

Correct me if I am wrong, but we have won at Anfield and drawn at old Trafford?

We will get 11 points between now and Christmas.

No need to correct you. You're right. People may say our run of fixtures has been relatively easy so far, but the lads have shown that they fear nobody and the results, and more importantly the performances, at OT and Anfield give me great encouragement in the coming weeks. With other teams at the top showing some indifferent form recently (such as Man City's shocking away form and Chelsea's lacklustre performances) we should go into these games with total confidence that we can get something out of them.

Correct me if I am wrong, but we have won at Anfield and drawn at old Trafford?

We will get 11 points between now and Christmas.

We've also played 8 of the bottom 9. We've had an easier-than-average run of fixtures, but I don't think that means we're going to start to struggle.

Last season the problem was that we struggled to take the points we should have from the weaker teams. This season we're much more consistent at doing that. The next month will tell us if we can still take points from the big teams too. Can't wait to find out!

These next 6 fixtures are very tough. But I am not too worried, I feel the team actually are confident of getting results at Arsenal, Chelsea and Newcastle. City look very beatable too. Imagine 10/11 points out of those fixtures...I'd actually start to worry that I was in a Coma....or dead!

The view that we'll struggle to pick up points in the next few games isn't unrealistic. We've had a run of easier games, but at least the points are on the board.

This is the critical part of the season. Take our confidence (which is one of the biggest factors - look what happened to VW when his went on Sat) into the next 2 and pick up points and we'll carry on flying. Two or three losses and we'll see what MP is made of when the chips are down.

Sure we have been very very very lucky with the fuxtures, but this has created confidence and we will take that into the next 6 tough games.

This.

No disputing we've had an easier run of games but thats not a bad thing, it's got us used to winning again and that will help us over the season.

The view that we'll struggle to pick up points in the next few games isn't unrealistic. We've had a run of easier games, but at least the points are on the board.

This is the critical part of the season. Take our confidence (which is one of the biggest factors - look what happened to VW when his went on Sat) into the next 2 and pick up points and we'll carry on flying. Two or three losses and we'll see what MP is made of when the chips are down.

Arsenal have only played 3 top teams as well, 2 at home and just one away, we've only played 2 top teams, both away and we haven't lost either game, you just can't tell how it's going to turn out, if you catch a side like Citeh after a Wednesday CL game somewhere in the depths of rural Europe you're as likely to beat them as you are say Norwich away. There's no mystery to the fact that Arsenal,Spurs and Citeh all lost last weekend they were worn down by their midweek matches and bascally there are no easy games in the PL. True some of those clubs have plethoric squads but with the 25 man ruling for senior players and not all of their players being of the same quality anyway European games seem to be evening up the contest, for the time being at least.

Saturday 23rd is an excellent day to be playing Arsenal because all their French boys are going to take a hammering against the Ukraine twice before then and they'll be worn down as likely as not. Our lads only have friendlies with the exception of Gaston and Lovren of course. I think there is a single Arsenal first teamer(don't forget Flamini is suspended so that leaves just Arteta) not involved in some sort of international match in the 10 days to come, could be wrong though. We have at least 3.

Saturday 23rd is an excellent day to be playing Arsenal because all their French boys are going to take a hammering against the Ukraine twice before then and they'll be worn down as likely as not. Our lads only have friendlies with the exception of Gaston and Lovren of course. I think there is a single Arsenal first teamer(don't forget Flamini is suspended so that leaves just Arteta) not involved in some sort of international match in the 10 days to come, could be wrong though. We have at least 3.

Good points. Looking forward to Arsenal - think it should be a cracking game.