FA Cup 5th round draw thread (Sunderland Away)

rickylambert

Where did you find that? Only trains I could find at a sensible hour go to Newcastle, which makes getting home a bit tricky.

Grand Central if they don't f**k up again.

Scratch that, theyre significanty more than what I paid for the cup and recent league games.

Edited by shurlock

The team will be well up for this game they must be desperate to beat Sunderland.I just dont feel as confident as I should without Lovren in the team, decent draw though I think we'll have them this time.

Unfortunately feel Sunderland will send us out of the cup.

Why "unfortunately", the FA Cup lost its way years ago, and we're not going to win anyway, right?

We won't get anywhere near the final anyway, we'll draw Arsenal/Man Utd/Chelsea/Man City/Spurs etc. at some point and that'll be us out of the competition.

For me, the FA Cup lost its way years ago, the PL is by far the most prestigious club competition and the one every club wants to be in.

The FA Cup is a shadow of its former self, and I personally couldn't give two ****s if we beat Burnley or not later today.

:lol::lol::lol:

Should be taking 3000 up there minimum. Biggest game of the season 2 games from Wembley.

Considering how soon it's been since we played there already it'd be a cracking gesture if the club took some of the money they fined Osvaldo and laid on 20 free coaches for fans. Make it to the quarters and they'd get that back on tv money alone.

Two things - they don't issue vouchers any more (what are they?) - perhaps all those going to Sunderland should be guaranteed a Cup Semi or Final ticket for attending?

Second thing - this should be a subsidised ticket as third visit this year!

• 2 weeks later...
Considering how soon it's been since we played there already it'd be a cracking gesture if the club took some of the money they fined Osvaldo and laid on 20 free coaches for fans. Make it to the quarters and they'd get that back on tv money alone.

It's probably safe to say there'll be no free travel to this one now, it would have been announced if anything was going to happen. Mistake imo.

2 away trips to the north east in 4 days, can't see too many making it.

Sheff Utd were another club to lay on free coaches for their fans to Fulham in the cup midweek and had 2000 down there. With a 4am-ish start for fans, live on TV and a third visit to SOL in recent weeks, if we get a thousand up to Sunderland I'll be amazed.

I reckon most people will pick between Hull and Sunderland .... so estimating 700 for each. I don't blame anyone for not going tbh. I'm lucky (if you want to look at it that way) that being based in the North, Sunderland and Hull are both pretty easy to get to. Although I am getting sick and tired of the Stadium of Light. I want them to go down PURELY so I don't have to go to that hole next season :)

We'llhave our usual 900 northern based Saints there no matter what, but the fact the game the game has been moved to be on TV makes is less appealing for fans. Perhaps Saints share of the £250,000 TV money they get for the game could have been put towards free coaches for us Southerners.

It would be great to win this one. I was thinking the other day, there is no better song, than Wembley, Wembley............when you have thousands singing it! Still a great feeling to think you may progress in a pack ground........ great times. Quarter Finals if we make it, things really start getting much better and you really start believing.... then you get City away! lol