FA Cup 5th round draw thread (Sunderland Away)

rickylambert

Incapable isn't a word I'd use but our recent record doesn't look good, despite the fact we played them off the park in both of the league games (which we actually cared about)

However, with the added bonus of big teams running into each other, this is a fantastic draw for us, and a great chance to realistically make the semis if we can do Sunderland (possibly via taking them back to St. Mary's for a replay) and hopefully get a good draw for the 1/4 finals

sunderland have an away game in the league at man city on the wed night before (12th), they could be shell shocked after that.

Just hope there's no 'backlash' from a defeat at the Etihad then...

fortnight before the League Cup final as well ( same week as a replay presumably as well).

Winnable.

We are due to beat them, this is it...

I hope they're 2-0 up with a minute left and we get 2 late goals. Then in the middle of a relegation battle they have to come down to Southampton mid-week where we win 10-0 and they get 3 red cards and 3 injuries.

or we just win up there in the first place. Save us a bit of hassle.

Dull but winnable which is all that counts.

This time we must put them to the sword or if we can't finish them off at least get them back to St Marys. Hopefully Citeh will have really softened them up beforehand. Also they probably won't be too bothered about the cup whereas we must be.

Really relieved we didn't pull out Everton, was looking a bit close and great that one of Citeh\Chelski and Arse\Pool will be kicked out.

If all goes roughly according to form I think the quarters will feature City, Arsenal, Fulham, Everton, Cardiff, Hull and Wednesday. If we can get past Sunderland I'd fancy us against 4 of those 7. Probably Everton too at home. If City draw Arsenal, there's a cup final up for grabs.

They have an extra fixture on the Wednesday before (Man City away).

it's not really an "extra" game, we are playing Hull away then, another LONG trip, would be nice if club used Osvaldo fine to pay for free travel for the cup game

Not a bad draw really. They have Man City away in the league on the Wednesday before (we play on the Tuesday) and they have Arsenal away in their following league match. They also have the League Cup final two weeks later. Can see them resting a few for our match.

Not a bad draw really. They have Man City away in the league on the Wednesday before (we play on the Tuesday) and they have Arsenal away in their following league match. They also have the League Cup final two weeks later. Can see them resting a few for our match.

It's just set up nicely for us to win, coming from behind and suddenly we will be on a massive cup run...

Draw as benefited the winners of this and Evertons game, winner of them games should have a great chance of a SF at Wembley.

We out classed Sunderland 1st 30 mins and most of the game if we start Clyne and have Victor fit we should win this if there schedule prevents them from no more then 48-72 hour rest between games.

Was reasonably pleased with the draw until I saw train fares from KX. Plus a bus service if it's on Sunday.

I just hope it is Saturday !! As I have just booked first return from Kings x £60 direct which is bloody great as you get full English breakfast and free booze !!

I just hope it is Saturday !! As I have just booked first return from Kings x £60 direct which is bloody great as you get full English breakfast and free booze !!

£51 with a railcard. How much free booze do you get to make the extra tenner worth it? Booking tomorrow when the TV games are announced.

Where did you find that? Only trains I could find at a sensible hour go to Newcastle, which makes getting home a bit tricky.