Lallana on the Saintsweb Banner?

mynameisthehulk

I know I'm going to get slaughtered for asking this, but who is he?

Is it C B Fry (yes, he's a distant relative of Stephen Fry), at one point, the most well known and skillful sportsperson of his generation and also a saints player who was in 2 FA Cup finals for us....if it's not him, then seriously, who is it?

Is it C B Fry (yes, he's a distant relative of Stephen Fry), at one point, the most well known and skillful sportsperson of his generation and also a saints player who was in 2 FA Cup finals for us....if it's not him, then seriously, who is it?

Actually, I think it’s some bloke called Charles Miller, who introduced football to the Brazilians and had some connection to SFC back in the old days – the very old days

Well theres no Osgood or Ball or even Peter Rodrigues the only man to lift the FA Cup for Saints, but personally two men missing from the banner and they should be at each end and thats........

Ted Bates and Marcus Liebherr

I hate to break this to you but Ted Bates is already on there, 2nd from the left.

Actually, I think it’s some bloke called Charles Miller, who introduced football to the Brazilians and had some connection to SFC back in the old days – the very old days

I should have bloomin known that!!....bugger! (I've been to Casa Brasil and had a chat with the manager, a Brazilian and was surprised to find out that even though his restaurant is close to St. Mary's he wasn't aware the founder of Brazilian football played down the road).

Whilst I agree that AL is worthy of a place, perhaps one criteria could be that they have completed their playing carreer and are therfore judged on their whole career. If AL or any other current player did somthing that upset the fans there would be a clamour to remove them. Legends are in the past not the present wait until the whole story has palyed out.

Got to have a place surely? Has stayed through thick and thin, one of the best players to wear the shirt and he's team captain. No argument IMO.

Why? He's played only played around 220 games for Saints, mostly in the lower leagues and hes not even the best player in the team. He may well become a legend, but he isnt atm.

What is wrong with Peter Shilton being on the banner? He earned 50 caps for England whilst playing for Saints. How many other players will ever do that? There is room for Lallana to be added alongside the rest.

Hi MLG how are you?

I think you need to read my original post again.

Thanks

MNITH

Yeah, also did Steve Grant just add the massive tach to Charlie Millers for a laugh? Not everyone in the olden days had massive tachs SG!

220px-Charles_Miller.jpg

Outrageous!

My opinion of Charles Miller and 'the olden days' is now taters.

I thought it was law for all young Victorian gentlemen to have at least the beginnings of a massive tache by the time they left Public School?

What is wrong with Peter Shilton being on the banner? He earned 50 caps for England whilst playing for Saints. How many other players will ever do that? There is room for Lallana to be added alongside the rest.

Agree with this. Shilton was the best goalie in the world when he played for Saints. Don't think any other player can claim to have been the best in their position.

People rightly talk about MLT single-handed keeping us from relegation. However, I suspect Shilts did the same in his last couple of years with us. Every week he would make some unbelievable saves.

u wot bruv?

Seriously though, yes Lallana should be added. Maybe at the end of this season?

Sorry, perhaps I was not clear enough. I have not in anyway suggested that Peter Shilton should not be on the banner - In fact I saw Shilton play for us and can confirm he was fantastic, however in my opinion (IMO in case that is what was causing you to become confused?) Adam Lallana deserves to be on the banner more than him if it is to be considered a gallery of legends, a hall of fame if you will. I have based this opinion on the fact that he has been with us from the time we were relegated from the Premier League, through the relegation from the Championship and administration all the way back again through the consecutive promotions. Now he is playing consistently well for us in the top half of the Premier League and looks to be nailed on to play for England in the World Cup. Shilton, although an excellent player and an international superstar did not in display the same level of commitment and loyalty as our current captain. Does that help you to understand my original post now or do I need to be monosyllabic in order to assist you further?