Pochettino's Future

Saint Charlie

I'm not so sure about poch right now. Our play under him is a bit one dimensional, there is no plan b.

i often hear about Plan B, surely if you are very successful with Plan A you keep to it. PlanB to most teams is the long ball for the last 10minutes. Until we have players with power and real pace on the bench we will play the same way. We are in year 2-3 of the clubs developing the style of play that has made clubs like Barcelona and Bayern the way they are. It is not the time to throw it all away. MP will carry on getting the players playing from the back and whilst it is scary at times we have to believe in their ability. The new players are comfortable on the ball and in time it will rarely be an issue if our centre half has the ball at his feet. Our progress is amazing and once we have a bit more quality putting the ball away we will be fine

Bringing on subs isn't the only way to change a game you know. You can change formation, change style.

Perhaps we could have done more to draw Cardiff out to try and get in behind them?

It's not easy to do that when they've set up to play on the break. All you can really do is concede possession to them and let them dictate, which would be much worse.

What we needed in the second half was runners in behind. There was plenty of that in the first half from Ramirez, Lallana and Davis and we looked dangerous there. The big thing I noticed was how often Lambert was running at the defence and trying to get away in behind - not his strong suit. That would normally be J-Rod's job.

Gallagher had a few lively moments in the second half but for most of it (especially after the goal) our attackers were stood like statues on the last defender. We lumped it in constantly to Lambert, Gallagher and Guly when he came on. Nobody seemed to trust Sam with the ball at his feet like they would the others, so Lallana never got the time to make runs before Cardiff got the ball back.

Edited by DuncanRG

i often hear about Plan B, surely if you are very successful with Plan A you keep to it. PlanB to most teams is the long ball for the last 10minutes. Until we have players with power and real pace on the bench we will play the same way. We are in year 2-3 of the clubs developing the style of play that has made clubs like Barcelona and Bayern the way they are. It is not the time to throw it all away. MP will carry on getting the players playing from the back and whilst it is scary at times we have to believe in their ability. The new players are comfortable on the ball and in time it will rarely be an issue if our centre half has the ball at his feet. Our progress is amazing and once we have a bit more quality putting the ball away we will be fine

It's not easy to do that when they've set up to play on the break. All you can really do is concede possession to them and let them dictate, which would be much worse.

What we needed in the second half was runners in behind. There was plenty of that in the first half from Ramirez, Lallana and Davis and we looked dangerous there. The big thing I noticed was how often Lambert was running at the defence and trying to get away in behind - not his strong suit. That would normally be J-Rod's job.

Gallagher had a few lively moments in the second half but for most of it (especially after the goal) our attackers were stood like statues on the last defender. We lumped it in constantly to Lambert, Gallagher and Guly when he came on. Nobody seemed to trust Sam with the ball at his feet like they would the others, so Lallana never got the time to make runs before Cardiff got the ball back.

I appreciate all that. I'm just grasping for something. As good as we are, and the journey we're on is amazing, I take nothing away from that, it's just so frustrating watching us dominate teams like this and lose. There has to be another way, maybe not our preferred way, but something else. As I say, I'm just frustrated.

Maybe we could have conceded ground and let them come on to us; we're very good at winning the ball back.

It has been inbred in to our players now that whatever the score we continue to play it out from the back to the midfield. It then becomes about the quality of our players to execute the strategy and at the moment we are lacking in one or two key areas. Still need another quick striker and wide player. Let's hope that gets sorted in the summer.

if he wanted to stay then he could of signed a new contract by now, the only thing that's stopped him is waiting for offers from other clubs.

Another manager just using Saints as a stepping stone

Agreed. His agent has worked hard to link him to Europes elite, but we are now seeing that it was purely paper talk only.

His win % as a manager does not justify a bigger club than us, its just a shame Mopo thinks otherwise.

I had concerns about his loyalty after the whole "he leaves i leave" then massive backtrack

Agreed. His agent has worked hard to link him to Europes elite, but we are now seeing that it was purely paper talk only.

His win % as a manager does not justify a bigger club than us, its just a shame Mopo thinks otherwise.

I had concerns about his loyalty after the whole "he leaves i leave" then massive backtrack

Fact or opinion?

Looking solely at win % is an odd way of looking at things.

Two managers, ten games...

Manager A

- wins 3

- draws 4

- loses 3

- win % = 30%

- 13 points

Manager B

- wins 4

- draws 0

- loses 6

- win % = 40%

- 12 points

Which record is better Glasgow_Saint? Manager A or manager B?

You should base it on points and league position with respective resources available, not solely win %.

Looking solely at win % is an odd way of looking at things.

Two managers, ten games...

Manager A

- wins 3

- draws 4

- loses 3

- win % = 30%

- 13 points

Manager B

- wins 4

- draws 0

- loses 6

- win % = 40%

- 12 points

Which record is better Glasgow_Saint? Manager A or manager B?

You should base it on points and league position with respective resources available, not solely win %.

But no manager in the premiership has a lower CAREER Win % than Mopo.

You'd struggle to find many managers in the championship or league 1 with a lower career win % than Mopo

Im talking about win % as a manager, not just 10 games (although both career and last 10 are the same %)

He's had the moronic nature of wins ratios explained 100 times. Sadly his understanding ratio of 8% hasn't improved.
hes Corp Ho, his job in life is to try and wind us up. Just laugh at him and his useless attempts of trying to get us wound up. More and more are. Not bothering to argue with him as they realise he's just a Skate on the wind up

You'd struggle to find many managers in the championship or league 1 with a lower career win % than Mopo

Im talking about win % as a manager, not just 10 games (although both career and last 10 are the same %)

Neil Adams: 0%

Garry Monk: 21.43%

Tony Pulis: 33.4%

Steve Bruce: 35.2%

Alan Pardew: 35.3%

Roberto Martinez: 36.8%

Mopo: 39.2%

You really do have it in for "mopo" Have you ever thought life may be better not spending your life on a saints website constantly repeating the same thing ad nauseum? Just wondering cos is it's a bit weird.

Neil Adams: 0%

Garry Monk: 21.43%

Tony Pulis: 33.4%

Steve Bruce: 35.2%

Alan Pardew: 35.3%

Roberto Martinez: 36.8%

Mopo: 39.2%

And in the real world

Martinez 40.06%

Pardew 42.52%

Bruce 37.7%

Pulis 37%

Monk 29%

Mopo 33%

So Neil Adams (1 game) and Monk (15 games) have worse win % than Mopo....... Scraping the barrel :?

You really do have it in for "mopo" Have you ever thought life may be better not spending your life on a saints website constantly repeating the same thing ad nauseum? Just wondering cos is it's a bit weird.

Its only weird if you don't realise why he does it... ;)

Mopo has managed for 219 games, won just 74 = 33.7%

dibden purlieu saint was always caught on a few lies........ Coincidence?

Who gives a f*** what his Win % is ?... if you want to watch Pardew/Bruce/Pulis football teams then get off this site and give us all a break.

Mopo has managed for 219 games, won just 74 = 33.7%

dibden purlieu saint was always caught on a few lies........ Coincidence?

Oh no, he did it!

There's a good episode of Peep Show where Sophie's brother comes down to help Jez and Superhans with their music. They reckon because he is in such awe of them, that they can make him suck them off, and of course, later in the episode, he does.

Just think of me as Superhans, and you as Sophie's Brother.

Good night, my b1tch.

so GS now prefers to use stats over a long period of time now as it suits his argument. im sure ive read many a thread that highlights how poor saints / MP is based on the form over 6, 11,13 and sometimes even as many as 18 games depending on the spin he is trying to achieve. (ok so dont quote me on exact number of games ha s has used but you get my drift).

is it wrong to wish someone would have an hand related accident with a lawn mower that prevented them the ability to type?

GS, isnt your grass looking a little long?

so GS now prefers to use stats over a long period of time now as it suits his argument. im sure ive read many a thread that highlights how poor saints / MP is based on the form over 6, 11,13 and sometimes even as many as 18 games depending on the spin he is trying to achieve. (ok so dont quote me on exact number of games ha s has used but you get my drift).

is it wrong to wish someone would have an hand related accident with a lawn mower that prevented them the ability to type?

GS, isnt your grass looking a little long?

I can go short, medium or long..... Makes little difference.

Last 10 games: won just 3 = 30%

Last 24 league games: won just 7 = 29%

Career % = 33%

Doesnt matter which way you cut it, his win ratio is very poor

Career % = 33%

I thought we had finished with the MOPO out ranty stuff GS?

It appears you are back to your old self.

Has an infraction expired or something?

Career % = 33%

it's funny the pundits always use points ratios, not win ratios. Look Corp you may get some really trying to take you seriously but your paper thin attempts to pretend you are a saints fan are getting a tad far fetched. Your manager has got a 100% win ratio this season!so go back and send him some of your good wishes

So we could end up finishing 8th in the PL, are able to go away from home and play attractive and dominating football, allowing Lallana, J-Rod, Shaw and Ward-Prowse to be selected to play for their country and Glasgow wants Poch out because his win ratio is too low ?????

I've been watching Saints away from home for over 30 years and nor since the era of Keegna have we been so good away from home - desite not scoring enough from our domination I'll be more than happy for Poch to stay. Just my opinion!