Summer 2014 HCDAJFU

Lighthouse

Charlie Austin and Fabian Delph would be good additions in my opinion.

agree with those. I thought Delph was excellent against us last season at their place, despite them being a terrible side at the time. Obviously he scored the wonder goal at SMS this season, but I hardly noticed him in that game as we dominated and he seemed to just sit deep. I can't remember anything of the dull game at their place this season. Not sure how Delph will be allowed to move from Villa to us.

If QPR fail then Austin will be hot property but not cheap to buy.

He doesn't really fit the profile of what Saints are doing and his current £4.7m p/a wages plus signing on & agent fee isn't really "free".

no free is a free and all transfers with a fee will have signing on fees

lescott will drop his wage demands or he will be unemployed

Redmond will be available at a good price and has some serious talent. We don't have a player like him either. He'd have to improve and gain consistency but he'd be worth a punt. Ruddy not so sure, he's nowhere near Boruc IMO.

Redmond could certainly inject a bit of pace in the absence of Jrod and has talent. Depends what sort of price we'd have to pay. Less keen on ruddy, as I'd prefer to buy a slightly younger keeper such as McCarthy as completion for Boruc.

Would not want Lescott as he's hopeless with the ball.. not an MP type player.

Richards must have character problems, otherwise there'd be a queue for his signature.

Would not be surprised if Chambers is converted and we concentrate on offensive players this summer.

Here is my predictions:

Ponch is STAY

Shaw is GO

Lallana is STAY

Osvaldo is LOAN

We sign two FORWARDS, one is INGS and one is from FOREIGN and i will NEVER HAVE HEARD OF HIM

We sign one LEFT BACK, he is from FOREIGN and i will NEVER HAVE HEARD OF HIM

We sign one GOALKEEPER from CHAMPIONSHIP

We don't sign a CENTRE BACK and people will be ANGAR

Would not want Lescott as he's hopeless with the ball.. not an MP type player.

Richards must have character problems, otherwise there'd be a queue for his signature.

Would not be surprised if Chambers is converted and we concentrate on offensive players this summer.

Injury problems I think, but he's only 25 and still has a lot left to give if he can get fit. (25! Seems he's been around forever!) He missed out on a Premier League medal as he hadn't played enough games so he's likely to want out.

Anyway, does anyone have a list of players that are out of contract this summer or free agents? I've seen links in previous years but I wouldn't know where to look.

Here is my predictions:

Ponch is STAY

Shaw is GO

Lallana is STAY

Osvaldo is LOAN

We sign two FORWARDS, one is INGS and one is from FOREIGN and i will NEVER HAVE HEARD OF HIM

We sign one LEFT BACK, he is from FOREIGN and i will NEVER HAVE HEARD OF HIM

We sign one GOALKEEPER from CHAMPIONSHIP

We don't sign a CENTRE BACK and people will be ANGAR

If you're right, I'll set you up on a date with my mate's mum. Trust me, she makes a lovely Chicken and Vegetable Pie, but then she does have 64 years worth of culinary experience.

If you're right, I'll set you up on a date with my mate's mum. Trust me, she makes a lovely Chicken and Vegetable Pie, but then she does have 64 years worth of culinary experience.

cheers sounds tasty i look forward to tearing into that i will lick it clean yo! Tell her not to bother with the pie tho.

i don't think that's v.helpful mlg cos it don't show all the players whose contract is expire in june

Does anyone have a list of players that are out of contract this summer or free agents? I've seen links in previous years but I wouldn't know where to look.
Edited by Matthew Le God

cheers sounds tasty i look forward to tearing into that i will lick it clean yo! Tell her not to bother with the pie tho.
You'll love it, it's really crusty. There's a lot of crust.

Not sure bout the pie tho, sorry.

What about drink driver Nick Powell. Get him in and get him a chauffeur...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd love Powell here, a great prospect but think Utd will utilise him in the near future. I wonder what will become of Zaha too...

As for the drink driving thing, he'd simply be Guly's replacement.

I'd love Powell here, a great prospect but think Utd will utilise him in the near future. I wonder what will become of Zaha too...

As for the drink driving thing, he'd simply be Guly's replacement.

Zaha is an interesting one not exactly living the dream at ManU (Luke take note) certainly has some talent and could be the creative player we need if Adam leaves (not that I think he is as good as Adam but not many players we could afford are going to be) young enough to be improved. Having said that every interview or article I've read about him makes him sound like a bit of a cocky ****.

Heard Joe Cole this morning saying he wants new club, not bothered about wages, wants to share his experience with youth, play some attractive football in his twilight years and play in his old position in the middle. What about a squad player for us? From his interview it sounds like he was literally asking Saints if he could join from the descriptions of the club he wanted to go to. IMO he could provide some experience and help even for just one season if we were to lose Morgan and Adam.

Heard Joe Cole this morning saying he wants new club, not bothered about wages, wants to share his experience with youth, play some attractive football in his twilight years and play in his old position in the middle. What about a squad player for us? From his interview it sounds like he was literally asking Saints if he could join from the descriptions of the club he wanted to go to. IMO he could provide some experience and help even for just one season if we were to lose Morgan and Adam.

He's bloody rubbish

He's not even that good.

To be fair to the guy in his prime he was quality, injuries took their toll and probably some poor career decisions along the way.

Here's a vid for anyone younger who doesn't know much about him and interested to see him at his best (some similarities to Lallana in his play).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Bh-Jf9UeCs

[video=youtube;9Bh-Jf9UeCs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Bh-Jf9UeCs

Think we need to find players in a similar situation as Lovren last year. Players that have shown a high level but with an average season behind them.

Players in that situation can be quite cheap compared to the level they have previous shown.

The one we talked about last summer, Ever Banega, would be in that category. Anyone taking a punt on him would probably get him for £5-7m which is a bargain if he can find his old form and level in his game.

Another younger one would be Viktor Fischer in Ajax. Had a great season 12/13 but this last one has been quite average. Very talented and could benefit from a move at the moment IMO.

Oscar Cardozo from Benfica, although his struggles this year has been due to injuries but think he could be prized away for under £10m now.

Zaha is an interesting one not exactly living the dream at ManU (Luke take note) certainly has some talent and could be the creative player we need if Adam leaves (not that I think he is as good as Adam but not many players we could afford are going to be) young enough to be improved. Having said that every interview or article I've read about him makes him sound like a bit of a cocky ****.

He's a proper talent and perhaps United would cut their losses on him. The stuff said about keeping bad company is a worry. For the money we would have to spend I'm not sure we'd gamble. Certainly tore us apart for the ten minute cameo at SMS and I've seen him cause problems to very good players.

If we could get Banega I would make a mess everywhere.

Is Stoch still around at Fenerbache? We were linked with him last year, he's fantastic.

On loan at PAOK, due to the rules in Turkey about how many foreigners they can use.

Has had an ok season.

Actually a really good player.

It annoys me Dyke and his clueless commission didn't focus primarily on this as the main problem. Powell was doing just fine where he was, then signed for Man Utd who had no intention of playing him in the Premier League. Some players get loaned out, others rot in the reserves. It happens far too often. Obviously he'd be doing better in League 3 with Man Utd B though right?

Anyway, with Van Gaal needing instant success, there isn't much place for youngsters at Old Trafford, it's going to be signings and seasoned pros. Powell might be available and we'd be perfect for improving him. Could play in several positions for us.

Slightly off topic, but the point of the B team idea is that loans are not required and the players train with their own club and get taught the right habits - if they are at the right club. The question is more what level should the B teams play. Les Reed wants the B teams in a competition of their own with continental clubs to give a better quality of opposition.

Edited by positivepete

On loan in january until the summer. Will be back in Valencia if nothing else happens next season.

In the Argie squad, 1 goal and 4 yellow cards in his 14 appearances for Newells, I would suspect he is defo on his way back to valencia unless he gets on the pitch for argentina and plays well.

If mopo goes don't think we will attract to many south american's unless he is replaced by one.

Personally I prefer newell's striker Ponce as a signing purely for the comedy.

WBA's versatile defender/midfielder Billy Jones has announced he's leaving them this summer at the end of his contract. Worth a free to shore up the squad? I suppose it'd depend on Chambers future at the club.