Summer 2014 HCDAJFU

Lighthouse

Although I like the sound of top players who have done well this season - Bony, Marshall, Welbeck, Lukaku - sadly, I don't think that even if they were to move on, we would be able to outbid and offer better terms than 'the big boys'. Having said that, we are the 8th best side in this country, so hopefully we can attract some quality players.

Still a big thing to say that Chamberlain wont win any silverware at Arsenal when talking about his possibility of going back to us IMO.

Well quite he still has more chance of winning silverware with Arse than us...... the idea he would come back to us is laughable. Still wouldn't bet on Arsenal fecking it up against Hull though

Can someone point me to the good games that Wellbeck played so well in.Coz I just don't see it.

England vs Moldova. Lambert and Wellbeck looked like a great partnership which is, I think, why his name keeps popping up on these sort of threads. Problem is he seems to play better for England than he ever does for Man U.

Can someone point me to the good games that Wellbeck played so well in.Coz I just don't see it.

Off the top of my head...

Most (not all) England games - particularly the Moldova game as noted above, and vs Sweden at the Euros

vs Bayern Munich at Old Trafford, in very difficult circumstances

vs Real Madrid at the Bernabeu last year

Both games against Swansea this season

When they beat Villa 3-0 a few months ago

+ plenty of good performances for Sunderland

There are more. He's far from the finished article but he's hardly had a good run of starts in his career. Not since he was at Sunderland, if memory serves. I'd give him a go if the price is right and we judge him to be a suitable character.

England vs Moldova. Lambert and Wellbeck looked like a great partnership which is, I think, why his name keeps popping up on these sort of threads. Problem is he seems to play better for England than he ever does for Man U.

It was Moldova, I could even look good against them.

To be fair, Welbeck probably needs to go to (another!) mid-table club to revive his career. He has ability I think, but Man Utd isn't exacly a place for any player to flourish right now.

Wellbz is my #1 transfer target! If I could have any player in the world I would have Wellbz! I'm not even joking, I think he would be such legend if he played for us! I love his style + his attitude + his haircut!

Pls pls don't mug off Wellbz!

Mannone £3m-5m! good age will learn from Boruc

Caulker £8m-10m

Holtby- Available for £6m I think

Bertrand-£5m only because Shaw will definitely go

If not Bertrand then Cresswell £4m

Drmic- £4.5m

Then a good fast winger but right now I can't think of one

Got one, Redmond could be good

The other player I like is arnautovic (sp?) of Stoke. I dunno anything about him really, but when I see him I admire his bustle & technique. I think he'd do good with us, maybe playing in Steven Davis spot.

And his temper could fit perfect for an Osvaldo replacement ;)

I would take Redmond and Marshall from Norwich and Cardiff. Not sure what the fuss about Borini is in all honesty. Wellbeck will go for a stupid fee pricing us out (unless it was a part deal for Shaw).

Priorities are keeper, striker and a pacey option for the front 4.

I would take Holtby and sell Gaston. Not sure who I would want to replace Osvaldo though

We will need to keep Gaston as AL will be off in the summer for silly money. Gaston won't manage 38 games so we need an Al replacement which Holtby could do.

My issue with Wellbeck is he doesn't seem to have the greatest footballing brain on the planet. But Oxo would be a shout

Ok a couple from a couple here, some are very doubtful but then again I would of said getting one of Serie A's top scorers last summer was also unlikely.

La Liga:

Rafinha Alacantra on loan at Celta Vigo from Barca, plays AM left mainly but being linked with the big boys, will probably go bayern to join his bro and fill in occasionally for Robben.

Antoine Griezmann plays for Sociedad and is a 23yr old frenchmen, was being linked with Liverpool but I think they will be upping their budget now and don't think they need anymore AM in their current team.

Eredivisie - (Great Value League)

Memphis Depay 20yr old winger playing for PSV, has a full cap already, 12 goals and 7 assists already and rated at 5 mil according to transfermarkt.

Quincy Promes, 22yr old winger playing for twente, has 11 goals and 8 assists already, again has played once for the national team and is rated at 3mil.

People writing off welbeck should remember how average Daniel Sturridge looked at Chelsea. Given a proper run in his favourite position, he will prove a lot of doubters wrong IMHO. I'd like caulker and Marshall and think we need a lb, an am and a cf. would very happy with welbeck but think that unlikely.

Oxlade Chamberlain

Griezmann

Mario Gomez

Konoplyanka

Are people on here mental?? We can't afford half the wages for these players. We only pay Ramirez and Osvaldo 40k pw, these players would be looking at 60 minimum, and we won't be breaking our wage structures.

Players to look at

at:

Gk:

Marshall

Schmeichel

Mannone

Ruddy

CB:

Caulker

Astori

ST

Drmic

Ings

Also, will people please stop mentioning Redmond and Borini, both are pretty darn rubbish.

Wouldn't mind talking Aaron Lennon and trying to help him find form again, would add some pace anyway and used to score a few. Spurs have a habit of selling useful players.

That would be a good signing as he has so much pace and something that we need badly. If we could get Marshall too, the that would be something.

That would be a good signing as he has so much pace and something that we need badly. If we could get Marshall too, the that would be something.

He cannot pass accurately - that will undoubtedly be a problem.

Oxlade Chamberlain

Griezmann

Mario Gomez

Konoplyanka

Are people on here mental?? We can't afford half the wages for these players. We only pay Ramirez and Osvaldo 40k pw, these players would be looking at 60 minimum, and we won't be breaking our wage structures.

Players to look at

at:

Gk:

Marshall

Schmeichel

Mannone

Ruddy

CB:

Caulker

Astori

ST

Drmic

Ings

Also, will people please stop mentioning Redmond and Borini, both are pretty darn rubbish.

Sorry but you're writing of Redmond (who has Europa league and PL experience) as rubbish but suggesting Ings ............dear god.

Marshalls scottish. :)

Not sure we can afford Richards, and I'm not sure he has the right attitude either, but certainly has the ability. I always thought he'd end up at centre back and I reckon he could do a job there for us. Personally don't rate Lennon, I think his best years are very much behind him. I suspect our targets for the attacking options will be abroad.

Gary Medel at Cardiff, although we don't necessarily need another holding midfield player he would add a bit of bite to the middle and Morgan could get further up the field like earlier in the season.

Surely Vic is better.

Why would he come here now?

He wouldn't obviously. I didn't mean for that to come across as that we could re-sign Chamberlain. What annoys me

is the fatalistic attitude that inevitably the great talent we produce will be 'too good for us' and leave. As Les Reed said several weeks back, we produce players for Southampton football club and no one else. The idea that some fans think a player

we have invested 8+ years of coaching in to be then be 'too good' or better than us as a club just smacks of self-defeatism.

On potential signings I'd like to see: Carlos Vela would be superb, though as others have commented, not sure where his head is at right now.

He wouldn't obviously. I didn't mean for that to come across as that we could re-sign Chamberlain. What annoys me

is the fatalistic attitude that inevitably the great talent we produce will be 'too good for us' and leave. As Les Reed said several weeks back, we produce players for Southampton football club and no one else. The idea that some fans think a player

we have invested 8+ years of coaching in to be then be 'too good' or better than us as a club just smacks of self-defeatism.

On potential signings I'd like to see: Carlos Vela would be superb, though as others have commented, not sure where his head is at right now.

Do we produce players just for SFC? The available evidence suggests otherwise. I suspect attitudes will start to change if we can keep the current crop for a while.

Do we produce players just for SFC? The available evidence suggests otherwise. I suspect attitudes will start to change if we can keep the current crop for a while.

Historically no, but that is the ideal - one that we as fans should invest in a bit more. And yes you are right, that will be a bit easier to do so depending on what happens this summer.

Edited by Toon Saint

Up to now we haven't. We have been a breeder-feeder club that has to tolerate the learning process whilst the richer clubs cream off the talent. This happens all the way down the leagues, to be fair.

Likelihood of us being able to attract him here?

Newcastle were linked with him in January. So why not us?

Montpellier have agreed to release him at the end if the season.

It s the type of player we should be looking for and i can definately see him replacing if he goes at the end of the season

Chances of us being able to get Miroslav Stoch this year? We were linked with him last season but it came to nothing, he's been on loan at PAOK this year, they may be looking to offload him. Great player.

Newcastle were linked with him in January. So why not us?

Montpellier have agreed to release him at the end if the season.

It s the type of player we should be looking for and i can definately see him replacing if he goes at the end of the season

I've got no idea, not heard of him. What sort of price tag you reckon he'd carry?

I know, but 3 more England internationals would be nice.

Richards doesn't seem to have a poor attitude, he's stayed at a club he really likes but hasn't been given much chance. He was excellent a couple of years ago. Fair enough Zabaleta is very good, but Demichellis isn't. He wanted to be a CB so might as well go somewhere that doesn't need right backs.

We already have 2 right backs, and he's not good enough positionally to play in the middle. Would also likely cost upwards of £60k/week. Not the kind of player I'm bothered about personally.

Thats a bargain for a player of that quality. I suspect he might end up at a "bigger" club than us.

No idea, the French league is very poor overall and even a sack of crap can look to be a good player on occasions because of the time and space available and the wimpy tackling. Nothing against Cabella, probably be alright but wouldn't spend billions on him.

Ben Arfa looked a fantastic player when he was at Lyon but he's been very hit and miss with Newcastle.

No idea, the French league is very poor overall and even a sack of crap can look to be a good player on occasions because of the time and space available and the wimpy tackling. Nothing against Cabella, probably be alright but wouldn't spend billions on him.

Ben Arfa looked a fantastic player when he was at Lyon but he's been very hit and miss with Newcastle.

Ben arfa was blowed hot and cold at Lyon and Marseille just like he is at Newcastle.

I said we didn't need right backs and he doesn't want to be one. He's played very well at CB before, are we saying he couldn't improve on Fonte?

I think he could....but I would be concerned that he would come as a bit of a 'big time charlie' and would be on a different level of wages compared to the rest of the playing squad.