Summer 2014 HCDAJFU

Lighthouse

As a Swiss Fan - the ones that have had a mention:

Josip Drmic - scored a ****load of goals for Nurenberg and has got a big move to Leverkusen. Not really in our price range. Watch out for him in World Cup.

Ricardo Rodriguez - Is a very consistent if unspectacular left back. Think his contacts up at Wolfsburg. Heard his name linked with a few PL teams.

Would be a decent signing...

Watched all the Basel games in the Europa League on the streams. I like their CB Fabian Schar 22, still a bit raw, but he's strong, brave and scored a few goals as

well. Would be well worth a look if Lovren went.

As a Swiss Fan - the ones that have had a mention:

Watched all the Basel games in the Europa League on the streams. I like their CB Fabian Schar 22, still a bit raw, but he's strong, brave and scored a few goals as

well. Would be well worth a look if Lovren went.

If you follow Swiss football, and Basel, what about their other CB Sauro, whose name has previously been linked with us ?

And, Yakin ? In case MP quits.

Would take Sinclair for the reported £3m, be interested to see if rodwell was available and put in a bid for Redmond. What are the chances of winston Reid from west ham? Is he better than fonte? Certainly an upgrade on jos.

Be happy with either of swansea's LB's as back up to shaw.

That leaves the vital striker to replace osvaldo... No idea.

Also, I wonder if Ralph will try to maximise commercial opportunities and sign the best players from any far off untapped markets? Who's the best Chinese player at the moment?

This is certainly the thread for championship manager fans. Wish I still had the time to play.

My brummie friend tells me they have a couple of decent youngsters coming through Birminghams ranks that are being linked with prem sides. The last time he suggested players we might sign it was Redmond and Butland and that was long before we ever got a glimpse of them. Reece Brown and Demarai Gray are supposedly the next big thing. Not seen them myself, but maybe someone on here has seen them playing for England Under 17s?

Possibly more youngsters is not what we need, but there won't be an endless conveyor belt from our academy. Like football in general it will goes through cycles and it might be a while before genuine top class players come through. We've certainly taken our share in recent times.

The kid Thorne for Derby looks a good player

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Ex Skate! But he does run well with the ball.

Hughes for definite. Will be a Premier League player in the future. Big potential.

Skate sent off, now just need the skate manager to lose and it's a happy day.

Then Bale to score a CL winner.

And a Saturday evening announcement that Pochettino is staying put.

#ifcarlsbergdidsaturdays

If you follow Swiss football, and Basel, what about their other CB Sauro, whose name has previously been linked with us ?

And, Yakin ? In case MP quits.

He's young and Argentine so you'd assume he's on MP radar. He's one of those languid CBs, I've seen him have some clumsy moments

(but so has Lovren). He doesnt always start for Basel.

Murat Yakin Has rebuilt the team a couple of times having seen all his good players sold to Bundesliga.

But Basel are not the prettiest team to watch. Have to wonder how they took 6 points off Chelsea in CL and still didn't qualify.

And the Europa 2nd Leg v Valencia where they blew a 3-0 1st Leg lead through ill-discipline and naivety. Yakin just stood on the

touchline as the carnage unfolded before him. And I had thought of him as a Saints manager until that point.

He's young and Argentine so you'd assume he's on MP radar. He's one of those languid CBs, I've seen him have some clumsy moments

(but so has Lovren). He doesnt always start for Basel.

Murat Yakin Has rebuilt the team a couple of times having seen all his good players sold to Bundesliga.

But Basel are not the prettiest team to watch. Have to wonder how they took 6 points off Chelsea in CL and still didn't qualify.

And the Europa 2nd Leg v Valencia where they blew a 3-0 1st Leg lead through ill-discipline and naivety. Yakin just stood on the

touchline as the carnage unfolded before him. And I had thought of him as a Saints manager until that point.

As opposed to Poch who sat on his arse motionless as we went out of the FA Cup without a fight.

Interesting response though, thanks.

Has a £15M price tag apparently.

I saw that, Man U apparently. Roberts is from Kingston, like Shaw. I'd like to think we are as attractive to him at his stage of his career as Man U are (different case if he was an established first team player and a bit older of course).

If schniderlin goes George Thorne, looks a class act.

Yep totally agree he was the stand out player at Wembley yesterday. I think I would try and sign him anyway as I think he offers good competition even though I know that we have strength and depth in this area. He is definitely one to keep an eye on.

Id take a punt on Alderweireld, mercurial bench warmer at Athletico. Can play all along the baxk four and DM if he has to. Good ball playing defender, good age and pedigree.

I think we were linked the season we came up, think he'd be a very good signing.

I think we were linked the season we came up, think he'd be a very good signing.

Very highly rated at Ajax and played for belgium at every level. He has (unsurprisingly due to Athleticos brilliant back 5) stalled a little, I think its worth testing their resolve and seeing if he fancies some playing time at a progressive club. Realistically he is probably right at the end of our reach but he seems the sort of player we aim for (similar to Lovren) in the respect that he has real talent but for whatever reason things arent going for them.

Very highly rated at Ajax and played for belgium at every level. He has (unsurprisingly due to Athleticos brilliant back 5) stalled a little, I think its worth testing their resolve and seeing if he fancies some playing time at a progressive club. Realistically he is probably right at the end of our reach but he seems the sort of player we aim for (similar to Lovren) in the respect that he has real talent but for whatever reason things arent going for them.

Just can't see it under this current board.

Thorne looked superb today. Also, if we lose Shaw, the left back for Derby, Forsyth, has looked excellent whenever i've seen them this season

He was the one player in that poor skate side that looked decent when we played at nottarfkrap. Not sure he has ever been able to replicate that style and time in the ball when playing in the top flight for WBA.

His £80k p/w wage is a significant stumbling block.

Agreed. Assuming that the club is looking to consolidate this season, Milner could never be seen as an asset. It would be more beneficial for the club to nurture and promote the talents of a youth player like Lloyd Isgrove.

I see Costel Pantillimon is out of contract at Man City this summer. Despite Osvaldo scoring a screamer against him, for a free he'd be good competition for Boruc. What say you lot?

I rate him. Assume wages will be a problem, though