Lowe and WH Ireland: Why the connection is pivitol for our club

scooby

Guest Hacienda
Yes, I liked that one as well - a classic among so many from the master himself. But why the hell do so many on here persist in taking Scooby seriously? I really don't get that at all.

I don't think anyone takes him seriously, nor do they any longer bite.

Most treat him as the mong he clearly is.

Is scooby a reincarnation Orange_bud?

The similarities are stark. O_B often talked about rupert sipping claret on the lawn etc.

I do enjoy Scoobys posts as he keeps the debate fresh (a similar objective to that of Lowes PR company on S4E). This assertion doesn't however lead to me to believe Scooby is a PR plant as he quite clearly gives greater service to those opposed to Lowe than those in favour. This then begs the question is Scooby really a double agent opposed to Lowe? I think not as it'd be nigh on impossible to keep it up for so long. Therefore i'm inclined to agree with the consensus that Scooby is a Portsmouth fan.

Well, a fair number of posters try to argue sensibly with him, others get riled at what he posts - I'd say either of these counts as taking him seriously, or indeed rising to his bait. Best to take the p1ss out of him or, if you can't do that, ignore him.

People usually can be counted on to lash out at opinions contrary to their own, and beliefs that challenge their own very blinkered outlook.

Guest Hacienda
People usually can be counted on to lash out at opinions contrary to their own, and beliefs that challenge their own very blinkered outlook.

Or just think your a mong.

A Flat-Cap responds:

'Pivotal' is spelled like this: 'Pivotal'. It's obvious but I'll say it anyway: A man who's supporters loudly trumpet like this, and can't spell, always risks looking a fool.

Lowe is what he always was: A modestly successful local businessman with delusions of grandeur and no understanding of football. HTH.

No doubt Rupert Lowe's rating as a businessman is a matter that is open to opinion, but I doubt that Camberwell Saint is neither qualified as a psychologist nor party to any information about about RL's mental state but presumably that was just another cheap insult. On the other hand to say that someone who has been a chairman of a Premiership football club for 10 years, and a member of the FA board, has no understanding of football makes the writer look a fool himself. Words such as Pot and Kettle come to mind.

Why is it not possible for some people to disagree with some of Lowe's decisions, without stooping to abuse?

The fact is this man is trying to make something of the club we all support so even if he does not go about it in a way that meets the approval of every fan, which in any case is an impossibility, it is still in our interests as fans that he should succeed.

There has been some talk on here regarding Lord Lowe and his non-appearance at last night’s game. Although I am well aware this is nothing but a talking point for the chattering classes, I thought I would address it here.

The fact that he can’t win in the eyes of the flat-caps is neither here nor there – boo him if he attends, scold him if he doesn’t – there is but one salient point here:

WH Ireland.

Lowe’s position with one of the most dynamic investment banking companies in the world is key for us as a club, and it may even save us from oblivion. In the 21st Century world of football where its entertainment value is of at least equal value to the sport being played on the pitch, money is everything. Not only do we have a professional back running the club, but we have a man in such demand in the city that we could never afford to pay him if we were to hire him for his services. We are, quite frankly, getting the services of the most progressive chairman in the game, and one of the city’s luminaries, gratis.

But it doesn’t end there. Lowe’s growing and burgeoning list of contacts with some of the most powerful movers and shakers in the world can only help us. A favourable interest rate here, a player lent there. It all adds up and, bottom line again, we should be on our knees thanking god that Lowe is back with us doing what he does best:

Leading.

I thought that the present economic climate meant that we were going to hang those financial leaders whose greed was leading us into the next great depression. Don't think that it is a good time to associate yourself with the money men!

IMHO Rupert has only ever been interested in the club as a way of lining his own pockets in one way or another.

Therefore, following my theory logically he must have come back for his own financial reasoning. I personally believe that he won't be in the thrown for much longer, and I also believe that his return was a calculated short term bridge to create a platform where anyone looking to take over could do so with the confidence that they would not be inheriting a "bag of snakes". One things for sure, Mr Lowe is a realist - and that in my opinion makes him a proper businessman, if not a proper Saints fan.

All again, IMHO.

There has been some talk on here regarding Lord Lowe and his non-appearance at last night’s game. Although I am well aware this is nothing but a talking point for the chattering classes, I thought I would address it here.

The fact that he can’t win in the eyes of the flat-caps is neither here nor there – boo him if he attends, scold him if he doesn’t – there is but one salient point here:

WH Ireland.

Lowe’s position with one of the most dynamic investment banking companies in the world is key for us as a club, and it may even save us from oblivion. In the 21st Century world of football where its entertainment value is of at least equal value to the sport being played on the pitch, money is everything. Not only do we have a professional back running the club, but we have a man in such demand in the city that we could never afford to pay him if we were to hire him for his services. We are, quite frankly, getting the services of the most progressive chairman in the game, and one of the city’s luminaries, gratis.

But it doesn’t end there. Lowe’s growing and burgeoning list of contacts with some of the most powerful movers and shakers in the world can only help us. A favourable interest rate here, a player lent there. It all adds up and, bottom line again, we should be on our knees thanking god that Lowe is back with us doing what he does best:

Leading.

Thanks for all the insults Scabby.

No doubt Rupert Lowe's rating as a businessman is a matter that is open to opinion, but I doubt that Camberwell Saint is neither qualified as a psychologist nor party to any information about about RL's mental state but presumably that was just another cheap insult. On the other hand to say that someone who has been a chairman of a Premiership football club for 10 years, and a member of the FA board, has no understanding of football makes the writer look a fool himself. Words such as Pot and Kettle come to mind.

Why is it not possible for some people to disagree with some of Lowe's decisions, without stooping to abuse?

The fact is this man is trying to make something of the club we all support so even if he does not go about it in a way that meets the approval of every fan, which in any case is an impossibility, it is still in our interests as fans that he should succeed.

If only Lowe could display such magnaminious qualities!

IMHO Rupert has only ever been interested in the club as a way of lining his own pockets in one way or another.

Therefore, following my theory logically he must have come back for his own financial reasoning. I personally believe that he won't be in the thrown for much longer, and I also believe that his return was a calculated short term bridge to create a platform where anyone looking to take over could do so with the confidence that they would not be inheriting a "bag of snakes". One things for sure, Mr Lowe is a realist - and that in my opinion makes him a proper businessman, if not a proper Saints fan.

All again, IMHO.

So you think someone will happily pay top dollar for the club, rather than bargain basement prices if we went into administration?

Oh and it's throne by the way ;)

This assertion doesn't however lead to me to believe Scooby is a PR plant as he quite clearly gives greater service to those opposed to Lowe than those in favour. This then begs the question is Scooby really a double agent opposed to Lowe? .

Hey....get your own conspiracy theories.....that one has been mine for best part of 4 months now....

Talking of which....old Sundance is still keeping himself to himself.....(at the very same time that RL is "on holiday"....coincidently...)

Hey....get your own conspiracy theories.....that one has been mine for best part of 4 months now....

Talking of which....old Sundance is still keeping himself to himself.....(at the very same time that RL is "on holiday"....coincidently...)

Lord Marland has important affairs at Salisbury FC just now.

Killing time mate - got daughter here on her hols with her chappie.

They leave Saturday morning, and discovered my Life on Mars & Ashes to Ashes DVD collection.

That means I can't get to my telly to watch my downloads of Torchwood until they've done their 3 hours. (11 hours left to go!) and I prefer to drool over Keely Hawes without family members around (winky smiley thing)

Anyway nearly time to kick them out hooray!

They have come to Dubai and are watching telly......???

So you think someone will happily pay top dollar for the club, rather than bargain basement prices if we went into administration?

Oh and it's throne by the way ;)

Depends, I didn't mention a price did I? All I was trying to say was that IMHO Rupert Lowe is not really interested in then long term future of Saints, more that he needs to be there at the moment.

And thanks for the spelling correction. One thing that amazes me about this site is the number of people who love scoring cheap points over another because they spell a word wrong. You knew what I meant, what's the point???

Depends, I didn't mention a price did I? All I was trying to say was that IMHO Rupert Lowe is not really interested in then long term future of Saints, more that he needs to be there at the moment.

And thanks for the spelling correction. One thing that amazes me about this site is the number of people who love scoring cheap points over another because they spell a word wrong. You knew what I meant, what's the point???

LOL so what were you inferring then when you stated Mr Lowe is only interested in lining his own pockets?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deppo

Scooby is obsessed with class.

yep, he'll be back in his tomorrow at 9:00am

LOL! Good one.;) Shame that school is out for Summer at the moment or that would have been funnier.:(

I wonder how many marks teacher will give Scabby for his homework?

Edited by Wes Tender

WH Ireland.

Leading.

So Lowe is our Abramovic.

That's alright then, I can hardly wait to see the investment that he'll bring to the club given all his contacts. :smt017

So Lowe is our Abramovic.

That's alright then, I can hardly wait to see the investment that he'll bring to the club given all his contacts.

Therein lies a serious point.....

I don't think many people doubt that Lowe has the 'right' contacts....the clues are there in the public domain....David Ross.....Lord Marland (who in turn is well connected with the Reuben Brothers).....etc....which begs the question...."Why hasn't he, apparently, been able to persuade any of these guys to part with what would be a small slice of their wealth to invest in a plaything called SFC"????

Something doesn't add up whichever side of the Lowe fence you sit.....

They have come to Dubai and are watching telly......???

Of course. There's only Sooooo many Bullfrogs that one can drink in one week.

Anyway - they did the shopping, Golf at the Creek in 48C & 80% humidity, curry at Ravi's and pool time.

It's Wednesday today which is surprisingly the day between Ladies night & party night so we needed a recharge.

meanwhile on another point, yes proper schools for proper pupils are closed for the summer.

But summer camps for the U12's and of course special schools for special people often run all year long, certainly over here which takes much of it's ideas in this area from Scoob's home town Washington. I know it isn't the case in Blighty....

Oh I see you mean to allude that he's fibbing about something in his TSF profile?

But good to have him back this thread is much more fun than discussions about pacing out how far it is to the dug out at Mansfield

WH Ireland.

Leading.

I actually think past forgiven and not fotgotten, that R.L. is doing a good job at the moment under the circumstances, BUT by any stretch of the imagination the above is a truely a blinding post.

I personally think that someone should print this off, frame it and present it to the great man himself under some guise of a ''hand of friendship'' from the New Saints Web Forum and while there at it, perhaps they can get a piccy of the Great R.L. licking his balls with satisfaction.

Therein lies a serious point.....

I don't think many people doubt that Lowe has the 'right' contacts....the clues are there in the public domain....David Ross.....Lord Marland (who in turn is well connected with the Reuben Brothers).....etc....which begs the question...."Why hasn't he, apparently, been able to persuade any of these guys to part with what would be a small slice of their wealth to invest in a plaything called SFC"????

Something doesn't add up whichever side of the Lowe fence you sit.....

Not really.

The fact is, Marland underwrote part of the IPO and the Reuben brothers are highly private individuals who try and eschew the limelight and are said to have "never paid over the odds for anything" - hardly likely to buy a football club.

It's not that easy to find someone to just throw away tens of millions of pounds, despite having a modest to reasonable list of business contacts.

Scooby are you really all there? Your assumption of WH Ireland is way of the mark.

You keep quoting lines such as "most dynamic investment banking companies in the world"

in every other post and that quite clearly shows you have no knowledge of the company what so ever.

Facts you might wish to grasp include

1. WH Ireland is one of the largest independent regional stockbroking houses in the UK

(please note stockbroking houses and UK)

2. Turnover for 2007 £42.73m Profit £3.8m

3. Listed on the AIM not full LSE

Yes they are are growing company but been around a very long time and not the super force you think or want to think they are!!!

JUST TO ADD I JUST READ ANOTHER OF YOUR POSTS

"Lord Lowe is at the helm of one of the world's most dynamic investment banking companies"

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=13154&postcount=122

"As the chairman of one of the world's most dynamic investment banking companies"

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=12169&postcount=303

Please stop baiting and trolling again! Please take notice

I personally dont care if he beleives the hype, its quite funny watching him working himself up into a lather over it.

I do, however, object to the patronising "flat cap" comments.

Worst thread in a long line of worthless threads merely designed to wind up any sane peson posting on here

I think this is the one of the best wind up threads in a long tima and great amusement value. It's great to have somebody like Scabby for pure entertainment value, even if he is a troll.

why are fans calling for Scooby to be banned? He is brilliant entertainment as we watch the very antis get wound up on posts that are so good at hitting the bullseye.

The flat cap thing was a clever way to get some going.

It is so easy for him.

why are fans calling for Scooby to be banned? He is brilliant entertainment as we watch the very antis get wound up on posts that are so good at hitting the bullseye.

It is so easy for him.

Seconded - he's a hoot. Mack Rill's definitely got him taped I see...

Seconded - he's a hoot. Mack Rill's definitely got him taped I see...
I dont think he is a Skate, but if he is fair play.

Anyone with the right sense of humour could do posts that Scooby does, as he goes to the limits of worshipping RL and puts the views down as if he was.That gets the antis back up and then mix in their chips on thier shoulders about the class war and you have it.

The flat cap thing was a great way to shoot him down in pieces, as it was easy to prove that many aristos wear them when out shooting. I had attempted to get a photo of Lowe wearing one, but to no avail. That would have been precious, but I failed.:(
but Wes you fell for the very stereotype, because him mentioning flat capps yuo immediately thought he was meaning working class.

We are all guilty of jumping on things that can be put to set us up.

The flat cap thing was a great way to shoot him down in pieces, as it was easy to prove that many aristos wear them when out shooting. I had attempted to get a photo of Lowe wearing one, but to no avail. That would have been precious, but I failed.:(

rupert lowe.jpg

You on my land???

It is so easy for him.

It's no surprise that you appear to be the only ally he has now. Unfortunately he appears to be causing more harm to your idol than good but it's good entertainment for the majority. Keep it up Scoobs.

It's no surprise that you appear to be the only ally he has now. Unfortunately he appears to be causing more harm to your idol than good but it's good entertainment for the majority. Keep it up Scoobs.
Hey Greenridge, you, I thought had a bit of brain.RL is not my idol. I support Scooby on this thread because people want him banned, for what?? He is at times very amusing because he knows exactly what pushes some of the very rabids buttons.

RL is the best way forward at present if no body is going to take us on.You may have loved the way LC and LM were leaving their heads in the sand and not grasping the nettle I was not and saw RL was the best option of the 2 scenarios.

I was very vocal in my anti bringing HODDLE back stance and argued against RL on that issue.

You are one who doesnt actually give views but just criticises people who do.I would like to know if you have any thoughts of your own how the club could move forward other than the RL way.

It is so easy for him.

Because trolling and baiting is in contravention of the site rules.

But seeing as you are another who speciallises in baiting people who dont like Lowe, its hardly surprising you dont see the reason

Agree with Nick. Scooby has his own agenda. Ive no idea what that is, but its funny watching him pursue it. His targets are those with a blind hatred of Lowe who won't be influenced by rational argument anyway, so he does no harm and amuses many. Ive never been a big fan of burning books and all Scooby does is to hold a fairground mirror up to show the more extreme views for what they are.

Edited by buctootim

Hey Greenridge, you, I thought had a bit of brain.RL is not my idol. I support Scooby on this thread because people want him banned, for what?? He is at times very amusing because he knows exactly what pushes some of the very rabids buttons.

RL is the best way forward at present if no body is going to take us on.You may have loved the way LC and LM were leaving their heads in the sand and not grasping the nettle I was not and saw RL was the best option of the 2 scenarios.

I was very vocal in my anti bringing HODDLE back stance and argued against RL on that issue.

You are one who doesnt actually give views but just criticises people who do.I would like to know if you have any thoughts of your own how the club could move forward other than the RL way.

Now Nicholas I would have thought you would know better than to bite like that. You obviously don't read my posts if you feel that your flippant statement in bold is accurate. As I have said many times and will say it again for you in case you are having a little memory trouble I see it like this..

Firstly, I do not believe Crouch and Co were heading in the right direction however I do believe they were acting as 'fans' in the way they ran the Club. It was clearly not a sustainable policy however. Wilde to me is the biggest gremlin in the whole equation who rode in on his trusty stead announcing how he would save the Club from the evil Lowe. It didn't work out, his board decided he was not up to the job and he left. Five minutes later he's aligning himself with Lowe. It could only happen at SFC. The man can have no credibility and I think Lowe realises this which is why he remains the mouthpiece of the club both on football and more corporate level matters. I'm sure you will point to the occasional press release from Wilde but they are on pretty minor matters.

As for Lowe then I believe he is a good businessman and with football becoming a 'business' in recent years then the fit is there. If, however you believe he has returned to SFC for any other reason that to protect his investment (share holding) then I'm 100% sure you are sadly mistaken.

Athough he has been trumpeted for his cost cutting skills this is really a very simple task. A more difficult task is to make those needed cost reductions and in parallel maintain a team that is competitive. The Holy Grail is the Premiership and that must be the objective. Only last weekend the TV pundits were discussing the real possibility that League 1 and 2 clubs may need to go part time in the not too distant future. Football is in danger of imploding but that's another thread altogether.

I try and consider all the available information when I form an opinion and I have no allegiance to any of the previous or current leaders of our club. I do however want to see the very best outcome for SFC as I'm sure we all do. What I do object to however is that some are so unwavering in their support of certain regimes that they become blinkered and unable to make objective considerations and see the wood from the trees.

I try and consider all the available information when I form an opinion and I have no allegiance to any of the previous or current leaders of our club. I do however want to see the very best outcome for SFC as I'm sure we all do. What I do object to however is that some are so unwavering in their support of certain regimes that they become blinkered and unable to make objective considerations and see the wood from the trees.

I dont think many posters are unwavering in their support for RL. Its more case of him being the best option at the moment. I'm sure RL feels the same way. If a man with a good plan was to ever turn up bearing £100m to put the club back on its feet again there wouldnt need to be a campaign to oust RL - he would have beaten us all in the race to snatch the mans hand off.

Scooby are you really all there? Your assumption of WH Ireland is way of the mark.

You keep quoting lines such as "most dynamic investment banking companies in the world"

in every other post and that quite clearly shows you have no knowledge of the company what so ever.

Facts you might wish to grasp include

1. WH Ireland is one of the largest independent regional stockbroking houses in the UK

(please note stockbroking houses and UK)

2. Turnover for 2007 £42.73m Profit £3.8m

3. Listed on the AIM not full LSE

Yes they are are growing company but been around a very long time and not the super force you think or want to think they are!!!

JUST TO ADD I JUST READ ANOTHER OF YOUR POSTS

"Lord Lowe is at the helm of one of the world's most dynamic investment banking companies"

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=13154&postcount=122

"As the chairman of one of the world's most dynamic investment banking companies"

http://www.saintsweb.co.uk/forum/showpost.php?p=12169&postcount=303

Please stop baiting and trolling again! Please take notice

Can't you just ban him?:confused: He really is yanker w***er

I dont think many posters are unwavering in their support for RL. Its more case of him being the best option at the moment. I'm sure RL feels the same way. If a man with a good plan was to ever turn up bearing £100m to put the club back on its feet again there wouldnt need to be a campaign to oust RL - he would have beaten us all in the race to snatch the mans hand off.

I agree, apart from Scabby there aren't many others on here who bleed one group or the other.

I don't see many Hone & Dulltan fans ranting on here. The Crouch months are being re-written as well at least he was a fan and there is a grudging consensus now that sans realistic takeover we have the only viable option open to us.

There is a much smaller group of anti-ranters now, but as none have yet come up with an alternative idea that isn't wishful thinking and so are on most people's ignore lists.

It's a funny sort of political stalemate at the moment. Watching and waiting, knowing we want something better, worrying about the FB slots but sort of a begrudgng limobo land. Bit like Parliament at the mo...