Our club is a joke

Saint Garrett

Everyone is entitled to react to a given situation however they want, be that ridiculously pessimistic or hopelessly optimistic.

I guess if you're at one of the extremes you should probably prepare for ridicule when the sky doesn't fall / Saints don't win the superbowl.

I think its very relevant to drag up threads like this. It very much highlights the knee jerk reactions of some of the posters. Change is not always bad and is always inevitable. These days nobody seems to have enough patience or trust. Mistakes will always happen its human nature, but we should also not forget the fantastic work Les Reed has done over the summer under extraordinary pressure. We are competitive and there is life after Adam, Luke, Rickie and Dejan.

If anything should be learnt it's that we should be more patient.

Very true, after all its only been 3 games.

Ill still judge the incomings after tomorrows window closes and will start judging this season after 10 games

I think its very relevant to drag up threads like this. It very much highlights the knee jerk reactions of some of the posters. Change is not always bad and is always inevitable. These days nobody seems to have enough patience or trust. Mistakes will always happen its human nature, but we should also not forget the fantastic work Les Reed has done over the summer under extraordinary pressure. We are competitive and there is life after Adam, Luke, Rickie and Dejan.

If anything should be learnt it's that we should be more patient.

Good, sensible post Andy !

Why is it relevant ? What does it achieve ? There is no noble motivation for these actions, its just certain idiot posters trying to score Brownie points against each other.

And are you really claiming Andy that a couple of weeks after the England team got back to Manchester you werent filled witha certain trepidation about what the future held ? All our "best" players were leaving and there was a complete black hole of communication from the club.

You really don't get it, do you Alps ?

Andy's point was that even if you were filled with trepidation, the intelligent thing to do was to be patient and judge the club by it's actions in repairing damage which they did not want to happen in the first place !

Your approach is always to steam in with total outrage and the assumption that everything will fall apart !

Believe me, he is the sensible one, not you !

Andy's point was that even if you were filled with trepidation, the intelligent thing to do was to be patient and judge the club by it's actions in repairing damage which they did not want to happen in the first place !

Your approach is always to steam in with total outrage and the assumption that everything will fall apart !

It would make for a strange forum if we only debated retrospectively don't you think. Surely debating what might happen as a consequence of actions and decisions is just, if not more, relevant?

It would make for a strange forum if we only debated retrospectively don't you think. Surely debating what might happen as a consequence of actions and decisions is just, if not more, relevant?

Far too logical and sensible. Please can we get back to insults.

The main issue is, as he has done again today, is to make out his knee jerk zero perspective nougat - fuelled rants were right at the time and subsequent developments (getting promoted from L1, and the NPC, not getting relegated under Pochettino, not employing a Steve Wigley level manager to replace him, Bertrand being not "a load of crap") were utterly impossible to foresee and only make sense in hindsight.

He gets through a lot of cocoa mass, and as a result smashes an eff of a lot of brainless tripe into his keyboard. God love him.

What is brilliantly ironic is alpine continually prophesies doomsday secnarios, how worried he is yet is always glad to be wrong with the benefit of hindsight and it's only because he cares so much. Yet on the Ronald Koeman thread he claims it's far too early to say if he's been a good appointment or not. Funny how when something appears postive it's too early to say yet it's fine to knee jerk acting like a fat kid whose had their chocolate taken away the minute something he perceives he doesn't like occurs.

What is brilliantly ironic is alpine continually prophesies doomsday secnarios, how worried he is yet is always glad to be wrong with the benefit of hindsight and it's only because he cares so much. Yet on the Ronald Koeman thread he claims it's far too early to say if he's been a good appointment or not. Funny how when something appears postive it's too early to say yet it's fine to knee jerk acting like a fat kid whose had their chocolate taken away the minute something he perceives he doesn't like occurs.

There is no right and wrong as far as he is concerned. It's all about attention. There is nothing he loves more than being wrong, just so long as there is a 5 page thread about him and everyone is engaging in a tedious argument.

You can drag up as many of his ludicrous threads from the past as you want, he is just loving it. As long as people are talking about him, that's ALL that matters.

I think it makes the dragger look childish, petty and desperate to score brownie points.

No suprise then that you endorse it..

Nope. I'd say this thread only really makes you look foolish. I mean, you can pretend that it reflects on the person that resurrected it (I would probably do the same to protect my own ego) but, genuinely, everyone reading it is thinking about how silly you are.

So, can we agree that the club is not a joke. That the Board have found an excellent replacement for the previous manager based on what we have seen so far, that we probably wont be relegated this year, that the so called "fire sale" wasnt anything of the sort and that the players who have come in aren't rubbish (so far)?

Oh so many lols to be had.

I admit I got a bit fed up and wasn't really sure what was going on. But Jesus, some posters (the usual planks that never learn) went way over the top.

And the bog standard response is of course "wahhhh you're pathetic, it's not fair to say my predictions were wrong(/stupid). Even though I said you were delusional, it's easy in hindsight etc". Completely ignoring the fact it's easy in foresight to see these posts are OTT.

Seriously, you'd think you'd learn to temper your posts a tad with a bit of experience. "Oh, it didn't go too well last time maybe I should take a breath and see how this pans out a bit."

So, can we agree that the club is not a joke. That the Board have found an excellent replacement for the previous manager based on what we have seen so far, that we probably wont be relegated this year, that the so called "fire sale" wasnt anything of the sort and that the players who have come in aren't rubbish (so far)?

And "fat kat" wasn't asset stripping?

Nope. I'd say this thread only really makes you look foolish. I mean, you can pretend that it reflects on the person that resurrected it (I would probably do the same to protect my own ego) but, genuinely, everyone reading it is thinking about how silly you are.

Try taking this up with someone who gives a f**k what you think..

Its mob rule on here anyway; along with those who abuse others then have them (allegedly) on ignore..

Try taking this up with someone who gives a f**k what you think..

Its mob rule on here anyway; along with those who abuse others then have them (allegedly) on ignore..

As long as you keep replying and feeling the need to tell me that you don't give a f**k what I think, I'll just assume that you give a f**k what I think.

lols to whoever recycled this thread..

So after a 3-1 win we now are stable, won't get relegated and everything is rosey?

The heart of the club got ripped out this summer but the repair process is going to be slow..

As my good friend ronan once said, life is a roller coaster just got to ride it and this season is very much going to be one.

So after a 3-1 win we now are stable, won't get relegated and everything is rosey?

The heart of the club got ripped out this summer but the repair process is going to be slow..

As my good friend ronan once said, life is a roller coaster just got to ride it and this season is very much going to be one.

Behave yourself.

Rubbish, I'm still here, and so are some of my mates :)

Rubbish, I'm still here, and so are some of my mates :)

He said the heart of the club, not the a*sehole.

Everyone is entitled to react to a given situation however they want, be that ridiculously pessimistic or hopelessly optimistic.

I guess if you're at one of the extremes you should probably prepare for ridicule when the sky doesn't fall / Saints don't win the superbowl.

Well as we only won it 4 years ago, it would have been asking a bit much to win it again so soon.....Having said that, it looks like we could have a good run at it again this year :)

I think this is called 'retribution'.

All we need now for a full house is for someone to find the thread in

April 2012 during the promotion run in

When alpine stated pretty much as fact that we would slip out of the top 2, and then get "butt ****ed by Cardiff in the play offs".

Priceless

All we need now for a full house is for someone to find the thread in

April 2012 during the promotion run in

When alpine stated pretty much as fact that we would slip out of the top 2, and then get "butt ****ed by Cardiff in the play offs".

Priceless

Why bother?

I don't care so much about when people like alpine make childish, knee-jerk, petulant statements from a position of no knowledge. It's only football after all. The reason I'm glad to see threads like these resurrected is that I hope the offenders learn a lesson to take into the wider world. These people are the same idiots who scream sensationalist, ill-informed nonsense on a variety of subjects that do matter. If they learn a bit of caution in their judgement, that's a good thing.

• 4 weeks later...
Topic says it all. Embarrassed to support us at the moment, we're a laughing stock.

Lambert

Lallana

Shaw

Lovren

Chambers

Morgan?

Fonte?

Clyne?

JRod?

I would have thought the "NO MORE" line would have been drawn a while ago but this is a complete joke. Not impressed

Wonder if it is possible for this thread to get all the more funny in a months time, please let it be so!

Topic says it all. Embarrassed to support us at the moment, we're a laughing stock.

Lambert

Lallana

Shaw

Lovren

Chambers

Morgan?

Fonte?

Clyne?

JRod?

I would have thought the "NO MORE" line would have been drawn a while ago but this is a complete joke. Not impressed

hahahha....awesome....any more predictions?

WTFILN

• 3 weeks later...
Unbelievable, the sad, desparate poster who has not grown up and put his playground days bbehind him.

It's not though is it. What's childish is people screaming and wailing like spoilt little brats when there was a bit of stormy weather. Not having the backbone to stay calm. All summer this sort of stuff was going on, boycotts, protests, meltdowns etc etc. That was childish. Some didn't wobble and backed the club, reserving judgement like we were asked too, those that did this are well within their rights to ask the question now of those that were slamming the club all summer.

those that did this are well within their rights to ask the question now of those that were slamming the club all summer.

You're right, they are.

again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and ag..