French jornalist Romain Molina says Liebherr wants to sell

Bewildered

http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.aspx

I'll post the internet translation, hopefully a french speaker can make more sense of it and inform us of the author's credibility.

Southampton is for sale

The next few departures from Morgan Schneiderlin and Jay Rodriguez will allow Katharina Liebherr, the owner of the Saints, to rake in a sum exceeding cheerfully EUR 150 million. Not surprising given its lack of Southampton and led his entourage, Ralph Kreuger in mind, discussions to find a wealthy buyer.

In 2011, World Economic Forum, non-for-profit foundation bringing together many influential people in various areas (industry, finance, intellectual, etc), formalized the arrival of a new Member: Ralph Krueger. Former German international hockey, it is presented on the official website as a 'leader'. It is in this area that it has been introduced.

Author of a career to success, even in the edition with his book "Teamlife - Beyond Setbacks to Success" which has been a bestseller, he joined Southampton in early March as president, replacing Nicola Cortese, the man of trust of the deceased owner, Markus Liebherr, and central figure in the rise of League One (D3) to Premier League. Omnipotent judge - this isn't the local press who will say the opposite - and very ambitious, he had major differences with Katharina, daughter of Markus and current owner.

Party in January, this Italian banker was reputed to be tough in business. Proof of this is with the study published by the BBC on data amounts to agents between October 2012 and September 2013: nearly £2.2 million has been paid by Southampton, what class the Saints at 17e place, far behind the £13.7 million Chelsea (first) or £7.2 million (fifth) Newcastle. Cortese leader with an iron hand and wanted to continue the progression of the club retaining Mauricio Pochettino and a large part of its managers. Not the goal of Katharina.

Nicola Cortese was dictator, it was perfectly turn Southampton

Christian Purslow, former director general of Liverpool, was mandated to probe the market. Recognized businessman, he is the co-founder of MidOcean Partners, a company American specialized in the... acquisitions, sales and capital increase. A firm that weighs more than $ 3 billion

Although he vaguely and unsuccessfully attempted to buy back the club shortly after his departure according to the Express, the boss did not give him the club, preferring to appoint the former director general of Liverpool, Christian Purslow, discreetly probing a resale market. Purslow is a businessman, co-founder of MidOcean Partners, a company American specialized in the... acquisitions, sales and capital increase. The firm weighs more than 3 billion dollars and has investments everywhere. It was not surprising that Purslow, 'an idiot not there knowing nothing" by Gary Neville, has managed to get a £80 million contract over four years with Standard Chartered Bank to sponsor the shirts of the Reds...

However, Purslow searches have not been especially fruitful here there. 'In the Middle, everyone knows that Southampton is for sale. "The strategy is simple: have a solid cash because there were not bad debts and loans, strengthen the team at lower costs compared to sales to keep a certain competitiveness and attract buyers", says a person involved in takeovers of English clubs.

« Mandaric had done same with Sheffield Wednesday. It is not officially for sale, but unofficially, Yes. Aston Villa did the opposite and viewing: is nobody is interested. In business, it must be discreet and do not show that you are low. If you say publicly that you want to sell or that it's not too much going, either you're gonna have scammers, or guys who will seek to bring down the price, as in Reading. Southampton has understood it. And, recently, there were some foreign investors information outlets. Sales have put the chip to the ear.

"Kreuger very well understood how to work people who have plenty of money and ego. They love everything sweep, repeat, history to have control and be glorified if successful. This is perfect.

It is a strategy of enrichment, obviously, but also to lure the egocentric buyer. A friend has already negotiated with Krueger. This guy is a shark! It does not give an inch of ground. It has incredible nerves. He very well understood how to work people who have plenty of money and ego. They love everything sweep, repeat, history to have control and be glorified if successful. Here, it is perfect. »

She also said we wouldn't look to sell all our players and would have a culture of openness. She has said a lot of rubbish.

Yep, and the sad thing is she will probably release a statement with more bull**** and people will believe that.

I said in January something was not right. 7 months on and I am more convinced then ever she wants the £££ and then will split.

Early summer it was posted here that Ralph Kreugar would be spending the summer months in Canada looking for investors. Clear now he's been looking for buyers. It's been clear from the mass sale what has been going on. The Training Center could well be sold and run independently with access to all top clubs and perhaps Koeman. his brother, Sammy Lee are lined up to run it and not the club.

Early summer it was posted here that Ralph Kreugar would be spending the summer months in Canada looking for investors. Clear now he's been looking for buyers. It's been clear from the mass sale what has been going on. The Training Center could well be sold and run independently with access to all top clubs and perhaps Koeman. his brother, Sammy Lee are lined up to run it and not the club.

It is actually not owned by the club so yeah maybe

Unless she declares a 100 million dividend this is impossible, doubt the full dividend would pass the solvency test anyway. She could conceivably withdraw some funds but not all the sales.

She can declare a dividend of the cash that is there and sell the club without the cash however some of it was yet to be paid but never the less this will be in the asking price and a buyer can raise debt against the future cash so in effect she does take it and a buyer may be in debt by the value of the cash to be generated.

Seems to add up the case where I was told that she wanted 200m , but somebody only wants to give 100m. She is to rake off 100 m of player sales etc and then the club is taken over.

Good profit from the investment of Markus if that is the case.

Unless she declares a 100 million dividend this is impossible, doubt the full dividend would pass the solvency test anyway. She could conceivably withdraw some funds but not all the sales.

Really? How much do you think the club could go for and how much transfer money could we be left with?

Isn't this trousering the cash theory complicated by the fact transfer fees are paid over installments? I'm presuming that none of the clubs buying our players are paying up front.

That's a good point, but TV revenue could play a part as well. I'm sure clever accountancy would come into it. It was just something I was told by somebody I have had fairly decent info from in the past

This French Journalists view from what I have understood seems quite closely correlated to the explanation I posted on the Cortese thread as listed below

Corteses project was based on a business plan with targeted investment with the aims of improving the football club and by doing so increasing the value of the club and playing assets by more than he invested. He was single minded and ruthless in seeing it to fruition and by all accounts he succeeded quicker than even he thought possible from both a footballing and financial viewpoint

This is my take on what might have happened and is purely conjecture based on what I have read and seen in the press and elsewhere however I think it is plausible given the evidence to date.

Cortese felt he could do more this year and his job (of optimising the value of the club ML bought) was not yet complete. To do so he needed funds to continue building, however by last year ML's will was finally executed and KL as the main inheritor was now in control of the funds. She saw this further spend as a gamble with her money as further success was not guaranteed.(probably rightly so). At this stage Cortese may well have offered to buy the club off her with investment promised by others. however she probably thought his offer did not fully value the club and she and her advisors felt they could do better at getting her investment returns out of the club than from the Corteses offer. The players and the manager had their doubts about her and her advisors regarding their strategy ambitions and commitment for the club. Hence we are where we are today.

Can someone explain whether or not fatty could legally make off with all the transfer funds? BBC reporting jrod and Morgan are close. Can't believe she's effectively ****ing on her fathers grave.

SFC 1976

No need for that abuse re fatty . Totally uncalled for and the bit about her fathers grave is probably one of the worst comments I have seen

Have you thought of going on the Jeremy Kyle show . You would be well suited to the rest of the chavs that go on there and you will get 250 for doing so

Edited by Viking Warrior

Isn't this trousering the cash theory complicated by the fact transfer fees are paid over installments? I'm presuming that none of the clubs buying our players are paying up front.

Her home base is in Switzerland and doesn't matter whether paid outright or over installments. I will bet the fees are being paid up front.

SFC 1976

No need for that abuse re fatty . Totally uncalled for

I totally agree. It'd been irritating me all day the disrespect being shown to Katharina Liebherr. She could have or could pull the plug completely at any moment and then where would the club be.

Could just be a part of the deal. "See here, in coming years you will get this money incoming, give me 90% of that now and you have a deal"...

This French Journalists view from what I have understood seems quite closely correlated to the explanation I posted on the Cortese thread as listed below

Corteses project was based on a business plan with targeted investment with the aims of improving the football club and by doing so increasing the value of the club and playing assets by more than he invested. He was single minded and ruthless in seeing it to fruition and by all accounts he succeeded quicker than even he thought possible from both a footballing and financial viewpoint

This is my take on what might have happened and is purely conjecture based on what I have read and seen in the press and elsewhere however I think it is plausible given the evidence to date.

Cortese felt he could do more this year and his job (of optimising the value of the club ML bought) was not yet complete. To do so he needed funds to continue building, however by last year ML's will was finally executed and KL as the main inheritor was now in control of the funds. She saw this further spend as a gamble with her money as further success was not guaranteed.(probably rightly so). At this stage Cortese may well have offered to buy the club off her with investment promised by others. however she probably thought his offer did not fully value the club and she and her advisors felt they could do better at getting her investment returns out of the club than from the Corteses offer. The players and the manager had their doubts about her and her advisors regarding their strategy ambitions and commitment for the club. Hence we are where we are today.

i don't expect KL to risk her families future for us but. I don't like the way it seems to be sold to us

I totally agree. It'd been irritating me all day the disrespect being shown to Katharina Liebherr. She could have or could pull the plug completely at any moment and then where would the club be.

Pulling the plug? Meaning what exactly? Worse than what she's doing? (allegedly)

Genuine question, is she allowed to do this, if true? Sell all the players and then the club. She can't keep the transfer fees surely, they're an asset of the club.

Can be done. You structure the deal as £100m for the club plus free cash in the bank. (In this case £100m)

The only problem with that is outside of the top 4 - other than asset stripping like we are doing now - you can't make any money in football - your cost of sales run at about 90% just to stand still - and to stand still is to go backwards - and to go backwards is to go down

The US buyers have realised this and that's why Lerner at Villa wants to get out

The only reason someone would buy a Football Club now is for vanity - and the FFP rules have made that a pointless thing to do as if you're not successful already you can't buy success now

That's unless you're actually a fan - then it's a didn't ball game

People seem to forget why ML bought the club in the first place. It wasn't altruistic, it was a business decision and it was a bit of a bargain to boot. Oh he might have enjoyed it, but it was always there to make money.

People seem to forget they don't actually know why ML bought the club and have probably never been within ten yards of the man.

Yeah he probably viewed it as a good punt and a fun investment as well. KL probably views it as a large asset which fell into her lap, she has no personal interest in and it is problematic to effectively liquidate without converting the assets of the club into cash first.

It's all probable. A lot of people are claiming to know the motives in play when they are only making very reasonable guesses though.