A few photos of the Dell and one or two faces you might know.

Norm

Blimey, I'd forgotten about the little old club shop. My uncle used to take me there to buy assorted bits of club tat with my pocket money. Can't have been very old the last time I went - was it actually situated at the ground?

Blimey, I'd forgotten about the little old club shop. My uncle used to take me there to buy assorted bits of club tat with my pocket money. Can't have been very old the last time I went - was it actually situated at the ground?

On the right (in Milton Road, opposite Springhill School) as you entered the car park.

BBB, thanks but can you advise me (perhaps via PM) how you did that?

Well done Norm any idea who are in the photos especially the person between Paine and Sydenham with the specs

How things change Sydenham in 1964 had an A40 Car I used to Serve him petrol for 4/6 Gallon at the Esso Petrol Station just past the old Bitterne Brewery down West End Road

Well done Norm any idea who are in the photos especially the person between Paine and Sydenham with the specs

How things change Sydenham in 1964 had an A40 Car I used to Serve him petrol for 4/6 Gallon at the Esso Petrol Station just past the old Bitterne Brewery down West End Road

L to R,

Ted, Yvonne, TP and Hilly, Norm, Mary Bates and JS.

Edited by Norm

I started going to the Dell about 1970 as a 6 year old and have wonderful memories as man and boy of our old ground. Very different times and very enjoyable. Thank you for uploading those pictures. Gave me something to smile about and remember when football wasn't all about mega million pound players and super rich foreign owners.

It was not a dump. It was a magical place where miracles happened. Can't think of a single match at St Marys that has bettered the atmosphere of The Dell

C'mon it was a glorifed shed - but you're right the atmosphere was electric - especially before the capacity was reduced.

I started going to the Dell about 1970 as a 6 year old and have wonderful memories as man and boy of our old ground. Very different times and very enjoyable. Thank you for uploading those pictures. Gave me something to smile about and remember when football wasn't all about mega million pound players and super rich foreign owners.

round about when I started going. Would love to see some piccies of the Archers from around then.

Thanks for the pics Norm.I first went on a very wet Saturday in January of 1957.I was a regular Milton Roader up there in the open getting soaked before plodding up to the Hulse Road Social Club for the dance and a few more wets.

Brings back great memories! My first game was Aug' 1956, just months before you. Also made many a visit to the same club in Hulse Road.

It was not a dump. It was a magical place where miracles happened. Can't think of a single match at St Marys that has bettered the atmosphere of The Dell

I'm pretty sure Saints 4-3 Norwich in April 2005 destroyed the atmosphere of my final match at the Dell, which was Saints 1-0 Leicester on a dingy Wednesday in late January 2001. Dell-sized mentality. ;)

Great memories, my first game at the Dell was 1984 and miss the place massively. Dump or not it was just better fun, better atmosphere and more competitive back then. Also the feeling of a surge on the Milton when Saints scored, and the noise of a properly - hold each syllable till you're almost out of breath - OWTS like we used to get in the 80s on the Milton couldn't be beat.