Arsenal Away - £10 Tickets - SOLD OUT

Nexstar

I have been to a couple of midweek London games solo (working in London makes it much easier for me than coming up from Soton) and its always fine. Am going kind of solo this time - with a mate from work who is a gunner, but we will go our separate ways at the ground! Very happy to meet

Great. What's the usual away fans pub in Highbury? Any other Saintsweb folks want to meet for a drink before hand?

PS. I should warn you I'm a girl. (Weird that I feel the need to say that).

PPS. If anyone needs a parking space, I live in Highbury, and have a drive....

Great. What's the usual away fans pub in Highbury? Any other Saintsweb folks want to meet for a drink before hand?

Apparently the 'Drayton Arms' is the usual away pub (I've only heard this from a work colleague so please correct me if I'm wrong someone!).

Cool. We can meet at the Drayton or wherever the consensus is for the best pub, with the finest SWF folk...

That's ok, I like girls. :p

Can we all stop over at your place then, all 5000 of us?

Please pm me a picture of yourself. I could be interested

I havent been but I'm guessing it's the lack of a roof, this is pretty much where the away end is (i think)

Emirates-Stadium-North-And-East-Stands.jpg

The other side of the goal, but yes.

Difficult to get any atmosphere as it just disappears, but the Arsenal support is normally appalling. Should be able to make a bit of a racket with 5000 there - just hope people aren't expecting to go there and sit in silence.

Turn right into any of the side roads halfway up Kew Road which runs alongside Kew Gardens. It's permits only in the morning so afternoon and evening are free. Kew Gardens Station is at the end of Lichfield Road. Takes about 35-40 minutes to get to Highbury & Islington, trains run every 15 minutes or so.

Is Kew Gardens preferable to Richmond? Looks like a good plan as the train journey is much cheaper than other options (using Oyster payg) as that overground route avoids zone 1.

Anyone looking to go for a drink before the game and has abit of time id recommend the faltering fullback, a 5 minute walk from Finsbury park its got some jungle 2 tier smoking terrace the best pub in the area by far. The drayton is the away pub because none of the home fans would go in there anyway, only advantage is that its the closest to the ground. If you're looking for somewhere nice to eat then the only place worth going to is piebury corner, They have a stall on a corner of Gillespie road(left at arsenal station) and a shop next to holloway station. I have a parking spot 5 minutes from the stadium but im not giving it away for free

Anyone looking to go for a drink before the game and has abit of time id recommend the faltering fullback, a 5 minute walk from Finsbury park its got some jungle 2 tier smoking terrace the best pub in the area by far.

This is where I normally go, its a lovely pub and well worth the walk but can get quite busy.

Anyone looking to go for a drink before the game and has abit of time id recommend the faltering fullback, a 5 minute walk from Finsbury park its got some jungle 2 tier smoking terrace the best pub in the area by far.

This is where I normally go, its a lovely pub and well worth the walk but can get quite busy.

don't tell everyone Jan, the pub is crowded before most games already, we don't want too many people to find this gem of a pub

Salisbury boys planning to get there for 4.30 so we can get a table

If the Faltering Fullback is rammed, I can recommend the Old Dairy just up the drag at Stroud Green (about 5 minute walk further). Alternatively, if anyone wants a bit of a walk across the park to the stadium, then the Salisbury on Green Lanes, Harringay is a top boozer.

For those intending to travel on the North London line from Richmond to Highbury & Islington, why not remind yourself of your home city by stopping off at Gospel Oak and popping into the Southampton Arms (just around the corner from Gospel Oak Station); a proper no frills cider and ale boozer.

If the Faltering Fullback is rammed, I can recommend the Old Dairy just up the drag at Stroud Green (about 5 minute walk further). Alternatively, if anyone wants a bit of a walk across the park to the stadium, then the Salisbury on Green Lanes, Harringay is a top boozer.

For those intending to travel on the North London line from Richmond to Highbury & Islington, why not remind yourself of your home city by stopping off at Gospel Oak and popping into the Southampton Arms (just around the corner from Gospel Oak Station); a proper no frills cider and ale boozer.

The Southampton Arms is probably the best pub in London and where I intending to spend an hour before the game next Tuesday. I will thank you not to mention this to the riff-raff.
The Southampton Arms is a very decent boozer, very good ale and cider range, but I wouldn't describe it as "no frills", it's very much Gospel Oak!

Is Kew Gardens preferable to Richmond? Looks like a good plan as the train journey is much cheaper than other options (using Oyster payg) as that overground route avoids zone 1.

I don't know anywhere in Richmond to park for free so always head up to Kew and park on the street. You're always guaranteed a spot within a 2 minute walk to the station.

The Southampton Arms is probably the best pub in London and where I intending to spend an hour before the game next Tuesday. I will thank you not to mention this to the riff-raff.

Good choice sir. I'd be there myself but I'm leaving straight from work.

Probably will hit the Euston Tap afterward.

For those of you going to the Southampton arms don't forget it's cash only! But it is a cracking pub and arguably one of the best real ale boozers in London. If you want somewhere close to highbury islington station the Alwyne Castle isn't too bad and has a massive beer garden out the front for those of you that want outside drinking.

The faltering fallback is ok, i've drunk there a fair few times, but i'm not convinced it's as great as some make out and i still think it's a touch pricey to be honest.

For those of you going to the Southampton arms don't forget it's cash only! But it is a cracking pub and arguably one of the best real ale boozers in London. If you want somewhere close to highbury islington station the Alwyne Castle isn't too bad and has a massive beer garden out the front for those of you that want outside drinking.

The faltering fallback is ok, i've drunk there a fair few times, but i'm not convinced it's as great as some make out and i still think it's a touch pricey to be honest.

I hate the Alwyne - it always smells of toilets!

That's why i commented on the outside only, plus it's better than most of the others directly outside Highbury Islington. Personally i drink in Stokey as there's a better class of pub there ;)

I sometimes watch Saints on Sky in the Junction. I'm always the only Saints supporter in there so cheer extra loud when we score.

Snooty Fox, a bit further on from the Alwyne, is my local - great little pub. Good beer, good jukebox.

But seeing as rarely get to hang out with fellow Saints supporters, I don't care how rough the pub is, I'll be in the Drayton!

I don't know anywhere in Richmond to park for free so always head up to Kew and park on the street. You're always guaranteed a spot within a 2 minute walk to the station.

Kew Gardens is a great spot, I parked there for England game at Wembley. Very nice pub at Kew Gardens station as well.

Still tickets available on general sale in home end for anyone who missed out.

Kew Gardens is a great spot, I parked there for England game at Wembley. Very nice pub at Kew Gardens station as well.

Still tickets available on general sale in home end for anyone who missed out.

Arsenals fans dont really give a **** about away fans in the home end either ive done it the past two games and been fine, we did lose both games though?? Also there are plenty of touts around the ground who sell cup tickets for near the same price if that helps

I use the Compton Arms in Compton Ave right behind the Union Chapel music venue just off Upper St and 2 minutes from Highbury and Islington tube. It hasn't been "improved" like those on Upper St and has barely changed over the years. Small pub so fills up quickly on match days.

I use the Compton Arms in Compton Ave right behind the Union Chapel music venue just off Upper St and 2 minutes from Highbury and Islington tube. It hasn't been "improved" like those on Upper St and has barely changed over the years. Small pub so fills up quickly on match days.

So don't tell anyone then. :x:mcinnes:

I stupidly booked my ticket without checking the diary and it turns out I've got something else that night. I've got one ticket going spare in row 20.

Anyone want it for £13 (£11 face value plus first class recorded postage). Payment via Paypal ideally.

[edited by admin: ticket sold]