Koemanisms

Coxford_lou

I've got a new one:

"We have the KaRackter"

I genuinely thought he said corrector! I was wondering who "the corrector" was, I thought it was cute Koeman nick-name for Pelle! You know, like when the result is going bad it's ok cos we have "the Corrector" to volley one in and put things right!

I'm dumb :(

I genuinely thought he said corrector! I was wondering who "the corrector" was, I thought it was cute Koeman nick-name for Pelle! You know, like when the result is going bad it's ok cos we have "the Corrector" to volley one in and put things right!

I'm dumb :(

That is just brilliant. I shall always think of Pelle now as The Corrector.

Can we put it into a song?

In his defence... I think he comes over a lot better than Pochettino.....and many of the others " non-Brits " who are managing in the Prem.... and is decidedly more interesting than a few of the English ones ....

when you have a limited vocabulary you have to search for good responses when you get new question topics arising at a press conference..and it's not easy to come up with the right response.

(It's a bit unkind to make fun of his linguistic faults, when we put up with Pochettino's droll translater for over a year.)

Of course, RK's not word perfect, but I like him and his personal style - not to mention the effect he's having on team performances....

In his defence... I think he comes over a lot better than Pochettino.....and many of the others " non-Brits " who are managing in the Prem.... and is decidedly more interesting than a few of the English ones ....

when you have a limited vocabulary you have to search for good responses when you get new question topics arising at a press conference..and it's not easy to come up with the right response.

(It's a bit unkind to make fun of his linguistic faults, when we put up with Pochettino's droll translater for over a year.)

Of course, RK's not word perfect, but I like him and his personal style - not to mention the effect he's having on team performances....

I don't think these are criticisms, rather fond observations. After all, we all love RK (at the moment at least).

Hey David - oh no, you misunderstand! We adore Koeman, and find his quotes completely charming. They kind of help make him become more iconic. I said in another thread, I love it when a reporter throws a difficult question at him, then he responds with a shrug and says "but that's football". His quirk of phrase and Dutch accent makes it more endearing.

No different than when we used to discuss Nigel Adkin's quotes, although, to be honest, even though English isn't his first language, Koeman certainly sounds a lot smarter than Adkins.

I have a Dutch housemate - we often repeat each other's quirky accent (her favourite of mine is "twitter" without the the "tt"s).

Still, I feel in awe of Saintsweb that someone would pick me up for thinking I'm being unkind. This place is so civilised !

Hey David - oh no, you misunderstand! We adore Koeman, and find his quotes completely charming. They kind of help make him become more iconic. I said in another thread, I love it when a reporter throws a difficult question at him, then he responds with a shrug and says "but that's football". His quirk of phrase and Dutch accent makes it more endearing.

No different than when we used to discuss Nigel Adkin's quotes, although, to be honest, even though English isn't his first language, Koeman certainly sounds a lot smarter than Adkins.

I have a Dutch housemate - we often repeat each other's quirky accent (her favourite of mine is "twitter" without the the "tt"s).

Still, I feel in awe of Saintsweb that someone would pick me up for thinking I'm being unkind. This place is so civilised !

Agreed. Got to love this guy, whether you find his accent or little sayings endearing or not, he just comes across as 110% in calm, complete, control and nothing will stress him. All very politely in a "been there and done it" kind of way IMO, that Mopo does not have. Brilliant

Agreed. Got to love this guy, whether you find his accent or little sayings endearing or not, he just comes across as 110% in calm, complete, control and nothing will stress him. All very politely in a "been there and done it" kind of way IMO, that Mopo does not have. Brilliant

Yeah, forget Pelle, I've definitely got a crush on Koeman :)

David, I don't believe anyone is making fun of him. I think most find it endearing.

I will never fault anyone who is genuinely attempting to master a second language. It's admirable.

And I like him and his personal style as well. He definitely has a calming, confident presence without a hint of arrogance. Perfect for this club.

Hey David - oh no, you misunderstand! We adore Koeman, and find his quotes completely charming.

--and

I had hoped that most of the comments were kinder to RK rather than critical.

Perhaps it's a bit close to home for me ....as I've helped teach / coach/ people with their speeches, presentations ...and even TV appearances in Sweden ..(for the last 30 years).

It's pretty hair-raising for some, and Swedes in particular, who take that sort of thing very seriously.

I'm pleased to see that Ronald is a bit more " laid-back " in his interviews .. but nevertheless I think he does well (all things considered)...especially as English is not his mother-tongue.

At least, he makes more sense than a few other Prem. managers I could name who have the advantage of having been born " British " ....yet don't express themselves quite so well.

Mate, come on. Surely you can tell this is friendly ribbing. We all love Koeman