Mane

simo

I have supported him from the beginning. Thought he looked decent first few games (but as many didn't go to the likes of arsenal away in the cup they would have missed that) and have always considered him to be a useful asset for us. Good to see people eating humble pie here.

I stand by my earlier comment.

Ok, if you say so.

Yep. If you had said something like you didn't think he had been playing great then fair enough. What you actually said was that he was ****ing ****, would never get any better and was worse than Ali dia. Therefore you now look like a tit.

I look like a tit for happily admitting I was wrong? OK.:thumbup:

You look like a tit for your earlier exaggerations yes. You don't need to admit you were wrong because that's plainly obvious to everyone. You also look a tit because you said he was worse than **** over the period you overreacted. That was never the case.

Made the main news sports section here in NZ. 99% coverage is usually rugby and anything other than football. The last time we got a mention was the 8-0 against Sunderland. It was a nice piece showing all 6 goals twice :)

COYS

When he played on the left he was horrific and it was obvious he didn't look comfotable, when he plays through the middle or right he looks dangerous. the thought of a front 3 of J-rod/Pelle/Mane next season is one I am looking forward too,they will be :)the south coast answer to Neymar/Suarez/Messi imo

A forum is for disscussion. People on here act like our bloody squad read it all. Manè DID look shocking for a while but when his position was switched he turned things around. No point in saying "oooh look at me, I supported him from the start, I'm a super fan". At the end of the day, as long as you don't go to the games and boo our players then this is the best place to keep the critisism.

Hardly surprising that Mane has made Garth Crooks' team of the week. Comes with the Chris Sutton comment "that he thought that Mane had proved himself worthy of a move to a big club next season based on his performances." :mcinnes: Also included is Shane Long in the team :p

Hardly surprising that Mane has made Garth Crooks' team of the week. Comes with the Chris Sutton comment "that he thought that Mane had proved himself worthy of a move to a big club next season based on his performances." :mcinnes: Also included is Shane Long in the team :p

Final Score on Saturday were speculating whether we would be able to hold onto Mane, Bertrand and Clyne. Bertrand FFS - signed him four months ago!

As for Clyne, according to Garth Crooks he would be "worth £10million of anyone's money". FFS - £10million?! Yeah, let's sell him for £7million less than Chambers.

Pin headed, fat arsed, supercillious tosser.

Well done, mop up when you've finished ****ing yourself stupid over something from so long ago. But the truth is, for that period, he was ****, worse than **** actually. I stand by my comments about his performance over those games, he was ridiculously bad. But, fair play to the lad he has turned it round, clearly worked hard and has repaid Koemans faith in him. And quite frankly I couldn't be happier to be proved wrong!

Why so many swear words? You seem very angry. I find people who judge players over 1-2 games very stupid and naive, that is all.

Will they ever learn?

Why so many swear words? You seem very angry. I find people who judge players over 1-2 games very stupid and naive, that is all.

Will they ever learn?

You clearly don't go to games then, as he was dreadful for far more than 2.

You clearly don't go to games then, as he was dreadful for far more than 2.

Nor do you it seems. He started very well for us and showed real glimpses of class, that's why quite a few didn't go over the top when he hit a sticky spell of form.

Final Score on Saturday were speculating whether we would be able to hold onto Mane, Bertrand and Clyne. Bertrand FFS - signed him four months ago!

As for Clyne, according to Garth Crooks he would be "worth £10million of anyone's money". FFS - £10million?! Yeah, let's sell him for £7million less than Chambers.

Pin headed, fat arsed, supercillious tosser.

Lets sell him for 1.8 million less than we paid for him, more to the point. Our policy is usually to improve and get more for player than we paid.

Lets sell him for 1.8 million less than we paid for him, more to the point. Our policy is usually to improve and get more for player than we paid.

following on from that. Forster is good for a move next summer apparently. The nobfaced prat on press pass could see a 'top club' getting him for £10m next year?

I mean, fuk off

Nor do you it seems. He started very well for us and showed real glimpses of class, that's why quite a few didn't go over the top when he hit a sticky spell of form.

Not long after Mane returned from injury and ACON, quite a few posters started to rate him as approaching elite status, despite his relative youth and inexperience in the Prem. Looks a good call to me - very few players in the game can handle a striker, winger, AM role the way he can. I do worry about a "big" Club coming in for him in the Summer.

I know you can't just view players by stats but I do like the below site. They rate every player, every game on their contribution. A very good performance, maybe with a couple of goals will get 8 point something, never seen 10. Mane and Long both rated 10 for weekend.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/829751/Live

On the debate, there was nothing wrong with raising bad games, or even have a view they didn't think he would be very good - clearly wrong but an opinion based on poor judgement. (A lot on here like all the relegation predictions).

What was totally wrong was the ridiculous posts comparing to Ali dia or laughing at the fee. For example, just as he posts so much, Batman, who would slate Pelle as well. No players are above criticism but players who got us our best ever prem finish ARE good enough!

• 2 months later...
Mane will settle, he's young and new to the Premiership, give him a chance. Why do we destroy those we ought to support? He's going to get us goals, he could even become a favourite because he got dash and enthusiasm.

Dellman knows all :)

It's clear this thread will get dragged up on multiple times throughout the season. I predicted he'd be a hot & cold player. A moment of magic then completely terrible. Fortunately the 'magic' has be in far greater quantities than the 'terrible' so far. I'd say he's one of our most important players and certainly our match winner. Expect him to be gone next summer.

• 3 weeks later...