Mane

simo

• 1 month later...

The guy is mustard. Our best signing attacking wise.

He was absolutely lethal in the first half. Best attacking performance of the season and the name I'll get on my shirt next season.

To think how he was written off LOL

How funny, all you hypocrites who criticised the heck out of me for stating how poor Mane was a couple of weeks ago are now jumping on the bandwagon.

Yes, he's probably the worst player to pull on a Saints shirt since Ali Dia.

Absolutely no touch.

Keystone Kops ball control

Never beats his man - well, sometimes HE does, but the ball is left behind.

His pace is almost irrelevant since he runs up to the defender then slows the game down or stops completely.

Seeing his "shots" almost hit the corner flag is embarrassing.

Shane Long is a real footballer, this guy is 10 million flushed down the toilet.

Hi,

How are things?

Face still bright red?

Reading the first few pages of this thread is embarrassing....and hilarious.

Whilst we're talking writing off players and **** signings...Pelle netted his 12th today...1 in 3 over the course of the season. Decent return.

Does anyone think that there has been a bit of a change in his game today? Stayed on his feet the whole game rather than the somewhat theatrical dives. The 1st goal he might well have normally gone down. Showed some strength, stayed up right and BANG.

Does anyone think that there has been a bit of a change in his game today? Stayed on his feet the whole game rather than the somewhat theatrical dives. The 1st goal he might well have normally gone down. Showed some strength, stayed up right and BANG.

Yes, I thought exactly the same. and....BANG!

Love Mane.

Come on s Clarke. At the time this was posted he was poor, there's no denying that. You can't seriously tell me you were not worried during his first few games for us - he was terrible

Mane was never poor. He went through a period where he was finding his feet, but anyone could see he was something special....

He is going to be a superstar.

Goal record probably only second to Hazard and Sanchez in his sort of position.

10 in half a season is pretty good going.. Especially as he plays out wide. Might be a good outside bet for top goal scorer next season...

Yes, I noticed that and remarked on it too. Was likely a penalty claim but I loved that he wasn't going to go down. After that, the football gods blessed. May 16th is St Sadio Mane Day forever more.

Hi,

How are things?

Face still bright red?

Just for the record, everything in this post, perhaps other than exaggerations like 'worst since Ali Dia', was actually true at the time. The nature of football is that things can change rapidly from game to game, we can all be Captain Hindsight and say "look how stupid you were back then" but you can never know how things will turn out. I'm sure there are dozens of players that have looked poor early on and have continued to be poor, but we're all delighted that Mane is not one of these and has progressed beyond all our expectations.

Mane was never poor. He went through a period where he was finding his feet, but anyone could see he was something special....

Don't agree there I'm afraid. If you read through this thread from the start the majority of posts are concerned of his (then) qualities. A few are hysterical of course but there's no doubting he was poor and way below the standard he is at now. Hindsight is a wonderful thing!

Edited by Delboy Dave
Still had s clarkes quote in

ah, the old "yes we were wrong, but nobody could have known at the time that we were wrong so we were actually right. And the people that were right couldn't possibly have known at the time that they were right, so they were the ones that were actually wrong" defence.

Works every time.

There was no denying he had an awful few games back in October/November. I said when we signed him he looked like a player who was going to have either a poor game or an outstanding one. I just think the whole things a bit pathetic. There's a reason people were coming out with the comments. It may have been an overreaction but the fact was he was playing ****. The Man Utd home game was probably the worst performance by a Saints player since Ali Dia. Since then he's been fantastic and far more consistent. For me he's our only real game changer, and it's vital to have such an asset.

MANE!! you talked the talk, now ya walked the walk. Great game by our attacking trio.

g- S Mane 13 a -G Pelle

g - S Mane 14 a -S Long

g - S Mane 16 a - S Long

g - S Long 26 a - G Pelle

g - S Long 38

g - G Pelle 81 a- S Mane

all three have been ruthlessly slagged off by some. Those who crapped all over these players should eat crap, stuff your month full of it , at least you will be silent for awhile. Those that learn to be patient, not judge to quickly, give constructive criticisms will revel in the glory that Trolls will be silent for awhile as they digest their own ****!

But some learn, I see many a poster learn that writing off a player (nothing wrong with that, everyone has an opinion) with nasty, demeaning, character assassinations, learn that their words are not forgotten so easily. They learn and are not so quick to spout out negativity, they offer positive criticism or constructive criticism. But the ******S who learn nothing, I LOVE YA, your foot in the mouth moments are worth the chuckle, and it not too long before your infighting and inbreeding with the rest of your ilk, derail a topic to something completely irrelevant.

Here is another one fella's, GAZZA! GAZZA! this kid has been **** on by so many that you can't even see the six foot five kid. There is a lot of crap that has to be swallowed if this kid comes good. It is pompous that we fans think we know more than the SFC, we can see in handful of game the future of players, no need for those scouts, coaches and manager to weigh in, they are irrelevant. Did no one stop to think we have a very good keeper coach, good coaches overall that can spot talent, they get paid to know what is a good footballer (not us fans). They have had this kid in the wings for 3 yrs. surely they no more than us, and yet they persist, so he must be talented. The next DeGea?? LOL, that would be something of a lesson in humility for some.

So the loud mouth opinionated SFC fans, keep it up, be the haters. Without you the satisfaction of success is not as sweet!

And even if he didn't play that well at first he was hardly the worst signing since Ali Dia. At the very most he was the worst signing since Forren.

ah, the old "yes we were wrong, but nobody could have known at the time that we were wrong so we were actually right. And the people that were right couldn't possibly have known at the time that they were right, so they were the ones that were actually wrong" defence.

Works every time.

No it doesn't. You are wrong again.

Come on s Clarke. At the time this was posted he was poor, there's no denying that. You can't seriously tell me you were not worried during his first few games for us - he was terrible

Yes but people weren't saying he's terrible but let's see how he settles in ths new league first. People were saying he's terrible.

Yes but people weren't saying he's terrible but let's see how he settles in ths new league first. People were saying he's terrible.

There's a lot of judgemental, reactionary idiots in the world. Some of them happen to like football and some of them happen to support Saints.

Just for the record, everything in this post, perhaps other than exaggerations like 'worst since Ali Dia', was actually true at the time. The nature of football is that things can change rapidly from game to game, we can all be Captain Hindsight and say "look how stupid you were back then" but you can never know how things will turn out. I'm sure there are dozens of players that have looked poor early on and have continued to be poor, but we're all delighted that Mane is not one of these and has progressed beyond all our expectations.

To be fair, we shall never know if Ali Dia could have turned into something special, given enough time. :eek:

Works every time.

ha! exactly this!

Just eat your humble pie people.

Reading the first few pages of this thread is embarrassing....and hilarious.

Whilst we're talking writing off players and **** signings...Pelle netted his 12th today...1 in 3 over the course of the season. Decent return.

Yes it is...and I do feel he's got a lot of unfair criticism. Really quite good for someone his age... in his first Prem. season, coming from the Dutch league.

..and if you reckon in a few "worldies " from goalkeepers who've beaten out his shots....and the seven /eight times he's hit the woodwork, :scared: with a bit more luck he'd have been in the top echelon of Prem.scorers this season.

A 30% goals / games return is about average, and just look at the names of " so-called top Prem. strikers " who haven't even achieved that this season.

Why are you defending toe-punt? He was poor at the time, but I held my view that he was a good player going through a rough patch. That didn't stop the incredibly embarrassing OTT posts as above and from others.

What people seem to forget is that he was a young player, coming into a foreign country in the middle of a very hard PL season. He had a dip, but so did a few others. The way he's come out of that dip shows to me that he's adjusted and he's playing to the ability I could see from the start. I'm not just saying that either, from the start you could see that he had real quality in his game - but he's the sort of player that can become erratic, like most wide players. I think the best way to describe him is someone who can be damn frustrating, but the only player in our squad capable of doing something downright outrageous. And those sorts of players are hard to come by.

I wasn't picking on toe-put just because of that thread, but in a few other threads he had a heated argument with me that he wasn't good enough - conference level I think he called it. It's interesting to see that he hasn't posted since Mane's form turned.

The problem is these posters never learn, Pelle was worst signing ever then purple patch, Mane was dirt then purple patch, Foster was league one standard and then he got injured, it keeps happening over and over again. I think the lesson here is to support the players and stop whining so much frankly. (Before people start digging through my post history I whined about Bertrand, there you go :lol:)

Some quotes from ESPN replys section on the MANE hattrick.

Clark Nebres · Top commenter

Breaking: Real Madrid offer 100million for Sadio Mane.

Thabo Legodi · Pretoria, South Africa

It is reported that Real Madrid and PSG are putting a record breaking break for Sadio Mane even though they only knew about him recently. The bid is believed to be 100m pounds. :rolleyes:

He's ****, he's always been ****, and he's getting ****ter. Tonight he completed 2 passes, fell over his own feet at least six times, and got booked for possibly the clumsiest 'challenge' I've ever seen in a football match. And we paid upwards of £10m for him. Brilliant.

Looking like a steal at 10m now, ah the hilarity of fickle football fans on this forum

Oh yeah?

"Absolutely no touch.

"Keystone Kops ball control

"Never beats his man - well, sometimes HE does, but the ball is left behind.

"His pace is almost irrelevant since he runs up to the defender then slows the game down or stops completely.

"Seeing his "shots" almost hit the corner flag is embarrassing.

"... this guy is 10 million flushed down the toilet."

All of that is actually true?

The fact is that most posters dont know much about football, most think they are better managers than RK, most are under the influence and many ESN

Somebody please tell me I misheard what Alan Green just said on 5Live. He was asked about the Mane hattrick and said something about not meaning to be cruel but that may be all that Mane will be remembered for as his days in the PL are numbered.

Just heard alan green on 5 live, doing his usual creampie over old trafford. Asked about Manés record hat trick yesterday, his reply was "I don't want to seem cruel, but he won't be in the premiership for much longer." Can't remember exactly what he added to that, but it was basically dismissive and saying bluntly that Sadio's not good enough for this league.

I was quite chuffed. All we need now is for hodgson to state publicly that none of our players are good enough for the national side regardless of who they play for, and I'll be even happier.

Somebody please tell me I misheard what Alan Green just said on 5Live. He was asked about the Mane hattrick and said something about not meaning to be cruel but that may be all that Mane will be remembered for as his days in the PL are numbered.

Weird if true (and it seems to be).

Only to people who didn't appreciate his pace and movement, and think that scoring goals from crosses when you can't see the ball is easy. He wasn't great out wide, and improved massively when moved inside, but he was never terrible, just people overreacting to him falling over and getting the ball stuck under his feet a lot. It was obvious what he could offer.

I can't believe how little attention this hat trick has been given this weekend. Goals on Sunday literally just fobbed it off... It was bloody incredible and will last for a very long time if not forever...and it's barely been mentioned.

I can't believe how little attention this hat trick has been given this weekend. Goals on Sunday literally just fobbed it off... It was bloody incredible and will last for a very long time if not forever...and it's barely been mentioned.

that's because it wasn't one of the sky 'sponsored' teams, but don't worry I'm sure that it won't take long until they start talk of him leaving, then when he does they'll be mentioning how man utd's (or whoever's) Sadio Mane scored the fastest ever hatrick, the playing for Southampton at the time will either be a little foot note, or be wiped from history

Just heard alan green on 5 live, doing his usual creampie over old trafford. Asked about Manés record hat trick yesterday, his reply was "I don't want to seem cruel, but he won't be in the premiership for much longer." Can't remember exactly what he added to that, but it was basically dismissive and saying bluntly that Sadio's not good enough for this league.

I was quite chuffed. All we need now is for hodgson to state publicly that none of our players are good enough for the national side regardless of who they play for, and I'll be even happier.

Is it possible that he's heard of a foreign team that may be coming in for him?

Looking like a steal at 10m now, ah the hilarity of fickle football fans on this forum

Well done, mop up when you've finished ****ing yourself stupid over something from so long ago. But the truth is, for that period, he was ****, worse than **** actually. I stand by my comments about his performance over those games, he was ridiculously bad. But, fair play to the lad he has turned it round, clearly worked hard and has repaid Koemans faith in him. And quite frankly I couldn't be happier to be proved wrong!

Well done, mop up when you've finished ****ing yourself stupid over something from so long ago. But the truth is, for that period, he was ****, worse than **** actually. I stand by my comments about his performance over those games, he was ridiculously bad. But, fair play to the lad he has turned it round, clearly worked hard and has repaid Koemans faith in him. And quite frankly I couldn't be happier to be proved wrong!

:lol: you were utterly wrong. He has been really good and even when he had a few off games, you could see he was still a fundamentally decent player.

Alan Green is just a miserable sod though, always trying to put a downer on everything. He probably thinks we got him on loan or something.

he's a ****ing bell end of the highest order. i was picking some people up from the stadium after the England Macedonia game, he tried to muscle his way into my cab as his was running late, when I told him he wasn't getting in he started the whole 'do you know who I am' bit. Long story short I think he walked back to his hotel. Tit.