Mane

simo

He was terrible before his time out of the side. Even his own team mates were having a Pop at him during the games.

As said, well managed by Koeman and good to see him come very good

He wasn't terrible. He had a couple of off games like most players have, but he seemed to attract far more flak than was fair or warranted. He'd still be getting it too if he hadn't performed brilliantly over Christmas.

He wasn't terrible. He had a couple of off games like most players have, but he seemed to attract far more flak than was fair or warranted. He'd still be getting it too if he hadn't performed brilliantly over Christmas.

He was very poor

Hence why he was dropped

He missed one game, you clown; but the kneejerkery on here started well before, from the Leicester/Villa game.

He was poor. Why is it knee jerk to say that

Against United, he was terrible

Both bertrand and Pelle were having a right go at him on many occasions during the game.

He also missed some sitters too.

Nice to see him settled to the league now, fairly quickly and looking the part and the player we hoped he would be

Both bertrand and Pelle were having a right go at him on many occasions during the game.

Nice to see him settled to the league now, fairly quickly and looking the part and the player we hoped he would be

I just pointed out he was only dropped for one game. I've also said he was poor in a few games; but had also seen enough to know that he could offer something. But being poor doesn't justify the hyperbole and breathless c**p seen on this thread and others. That's kneejerk - reread the thread if you need a refresh.

I just pointed out he was only dropped for one game. I've also said he was poor in a few games; but had also seen enough to know that he could offer something. But being poor doesn't justify the hyperbole and breathless c**p seen on this thread and others. That's kneejerk - reread the thread if you need a refresh.

Being "kneejerk" is not just restricted to Mane. Every new player that has a bad or slow start is 'a waste of money' and a 'sh!t signing' and every youngster who has a decent debut is the next Gareth Bale, when in reality they are more likely to be Lloyd James. Mane was poor earlier in the season but he was doing things he probably got away with in Austria. Everyone could see he had the attributes to be a decent player (good skill and pacey) but he had to work on his speed of thought, decision making and concentration, which will be an ongoing process as he gets more experience in the English Premier League.

If someone is playing terribly they get dropped. That's what Koeman did to Mane and it has galvanised him. I don't understand people defending his period of games when he was just so rank bad it was self evident. Get over yourselves. Some on here called it, Koeman called it too. This is part of what a forum is for, bigging players up for great things and bagging them when they deserve it. I guess defending under performance is where we are at now in the 'everyones a winner' culture taught in schools.

If someone is playing terribly they get dropped. That's what Koeman did to Mane and it has galvanised him. I don't understand people defending his period of games when he was just so rank bad it was self evident. Get over yourselves. Some on here called it, Koeman called it too. This is part of what a forum is for, bigging players up for great things and bagging them when they deserve it. I guess defending under performance is where we are at now in the 'everyones a winner' culture taught in schools.

Not quite, if you look at some of the comments on this thread, a lot of it is OTT nonsense such as Mane being as bad as Mayuka or even Ali Dia and that he "isn't a footballer".

And as for Koeman supposedly "calling it" in tandem with the fans, again, utter nonsense. He's clearly been a big fan of Mane since he arrived. He left him out of one game and people were questioning why he was playing him again.

The knee jerk hyperbole about the lad is just plain idiocy.

Oh how I agree with every word of this post! Well said Sir!

Not quite, if you look at some of the comments on this thread, a lot of it is OTT nonsense such as Mane being as bad as Mayuka or even Ali Dia and that he "isn't a footballer".

And as for Koeman supposedly "calling it" in tandem with the fans, again, utter nonsense. He's clearly been a big fan of Mane since he arrived. He left him out of one game and people were questioning why he was playing him again.

The knee jerk hyperbole about the lad is just plain idiocy.

This. I'm more than happy for people to say players are off form, but the dog abuse he was getting which was questioning his talent rather than his form is why people are getting on their high horse about it.

I think a lot on this forum don't understand the difference between form and talent.

This. I'm more than happy for people to say players are off form, but the dog abuse he was getting which was questioning his talent rather than his form is why people are getting on their high horse about it.

I think a lot on this forum don't understand the difference between form and talent.

a lot.

you mean about 10 posters who were over the top about mane?

Sorry he's terrible. There was that one against Villa where he got in a promising position down the left and just kicked it out for a goal kick.

He did a similar thing tonight. The one where we won it back and he had Pelle and Tadic either side, tried to run thru on his own, fell over (yet nearly retained the ball).

The Spurs chance should have got us a point...

Even the Sunderland goal he actually tried to miss so it got taken off him...

He's ****, he's always been ****, and he's getting ****ter. Tonight he completed 2 passes, fell over his own feet at least six times, and got booked for possibly the clumsiest 'challenge' I've ever seen in a football match. And we paid upwards of £10m for him. Brilliant.

Strangest signing of the summer..........obviously not up to the standard required for the prem.........maybe worth a 2 mil punt but not what we paid.

Anyone still think Mitchell was great at spotting talent?? LOL

No end product.

How funny, all you hypocrites who criticised the heck out of me for stating how poor Mane was a couple of weeks ago are now jumping on the bandwagon.

Yes, he's probably the worst player to pull on a Saints shirt since Ali Dia.

Absolutely no touch.

Keystone Kops ball control

Never beats his man - well, sometimes HE does, but the ball is left behind.

His pace is almost irrelevant since he runs up to the defender then slows the game down or stops completely.

Seeing his "shots" almost hit the corner flag is embarrassing.

Shane Long is a real footballer, this guy is 10 million flushed down the toilet.

Nevertheless we do seem to have an awful record on signing african players, first Mayuka and now Mané, not to mention Taider because he's not really african. Whoever scouts them needs to look at his criteria again. Still when you leave your signings to the last minute it's quite understandable.

Wow, these are just from page 2 of this thread...

They might teach that 'everyone's a winner' in Brisbane schools, but back here in Blighty we've moved on - maybe why the British Olympic team spanked our Australian cousins so royally?

Simply not good enough , don't get me started on Shane Long!

Carlton Palmer was a far better player.....

I've been moaning for weeks about him what does he do apart from run fast ?

Mane is disappointing. Pace to spare, but...........

Mane is a liability! Hasn't a clue what to do when he's on the ball and wow he can lose the ball. Totally woeful

Terrible tonight and telling that his centre forward hesitates to pass to him and looks for other options in the final third. Raw talent but far too law for the top flight right now...

Steve De Ridder in disguise

He can't even choose the right boots to use

Mane is a liability.

Long is good at what he does.

Never a striker,but I'd rather have him in my side than the opposition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For every Mane we find a Tadic.

We can't just buy proven quality like Di Maria or Sanchez, we have to take gambles on players like Mane. Some come off and some don't

He's ****, he's always been ****, and he's getting ****ter. Tonight he completed 2 passes, fell over his own feet at least six times, and got booked for possibly the clumsiest 'challenge' I've ever seen in a football match. And we paid upwards of £10m for him. Brilliant.

Sorry he's terrible. There was that one against Villa where he got in a promising position down the left and just kicked it out for a goal kick.

He did a similar thing tonight. The one where we won it back and he had Pelle and Tadic either side, tried to run thru on his own, fell over (yet nearly retained the ball).

The Spurs chance should have got us a point...

Even the Sunderland goal he actually tried to miss so it got taken off him...

How poor must the Austrian league be?

Strangest signing of the summer..........obviously not up to the standard required for the prem.........maybe worth a 2 mil punt but not what we paid.

Anyone still think Mitchell was great at spotting talent?? LOL

He would be a wonderful impact player from the bench but he is far too erratic to blend into a team. After a promising start he has flattered to deceive

How exactly? The only thing he impacts is the pitch when he falls on his arse for the umpteenth time!

As a friend of mine said, Mane reminds us of Fabrice Fernandes, does a lot of running but f@@k all else.

No end product.

Last 4 games he has been beyond bad. I have seen camels with a better first touch.

Nevertheless we do seem to have an awful record on signing african players, first Mayuka and now Mané, not to mention Taider because he's not really african. Whoever scouts them needs to look at his criteria again. Still when you leave your signings to the last minute it's quite understandable.

COME BACK STEVE DE RIDDER, ALL IS FORGIVEN!!

oh my god

please someone tell me I am dreaming when it is stated we paid as much as we did for him?

Am I the only person who thinks he's ****? He is quick but has no football brain on him whatsoever. We're playing in the PL. You can have this kind of player as an impact sub but playing 90 minutes?

He is totally useless - Gaston not here? Pathetic.....

Get rid - he loses the ball too easily, goes to ground rather than taking on defenders, can't shoot or cross for toffee, and is a liability defending.

He's the worst player we've had since Ali Dia. he's shocking. He won't 'settle', or get better, as he's ****. Utter utter ****.

Did that knobhead who just left for spurs know how to use the black box thing they're meant to have? I reckons the black box on the missing Malaysian aeroplane is more useful than that fücking thing

Mané is f**king awful it has to be said. As is Mayuka. Gardos isn't looking such a smart buy so far either. FFS.

They can stick the "black box" up their backsides on those 3 signings. I'd rather have played Turnbull, Gallagher and Hesketh, if fit, but whatever.

He can't kick a ball properly.

If Roko keeps picking Mane it will be the end for him ultimately. Same blind faith as Rodgers/Gerrard.

He's been poor, but what worries me is go reckless he is in the challenge. Could easily have picked up 2 bookings at Burnley but was let off, and the same thing happened last night. Should've been sent off. What's worse is that RK keeps gambling and leaving him on. Roll on the ACON when we'll have to give his place to one of the kids.

Get rid - now. The guy is a total liability, it's like playing with only ten men because the rest of the team clearly have no respect for him or faith in his ability.

There was a moment last night when he stupidly gave away a foul in the opposite half and then just casually jogged back while SHU took a quick free kick, leaving Clyne completely exposed against two men, and you could see Clyne lose his rag and screaming at Mane.

He can't get past a L1 defence, he provides no defensive cover for Clyne, he lunges into wild tackles, and his team mates clearly can't stand the guy.

I have defended him up until now, but I can't anymore.

I thought he was particularly poor last night, although in fairness he did have pretty much our only real chance on goal.

Sorry to say that liability is the right word to describe him, especially when he is lunging in at people like like loon.

Isgrove looked bright yesterday - not outstanding, and in comparison to an appalling team performance - and might be worth a run in the absence of anyone else.

Anyone but him

True story. But that's the story of Mane... a bit of positive, let down by a lot of negative.

I'm disappointed in him so far. Touches of brilliance in a headless chicken.

He is utter ****. Not worth a fiver. Puncheon, Isgrove, Ramirez even Papa Waigo and Antonio are better than him. He's an atrocious footballer, and a very very poor signing.

A poor man's Guly.

I think its probably more to do with the fact he couldn't trap a bag of cement

Much worse. A £10m Jonno Quick.

Don't hold your breath on the coaching side !

He is not a scapegoat just another of the blackbox failures along with Osvaldo......

I really don't why there's so much surprise over Mané, he doesn't really have the pedigree to be a star in the PL. Came from Metz"s academy when they were in the French 3 rd division semi pro league, then to Salzburg in the Austrian League which isn't famed for it's quality. We paid 10 million £ for him on what basis? because we were desperate probably. He may come good but it certainly won't be tomorrow or next Friday. We should have gone for someone with a bit of real league experience for 10 million £, how much did Palarse give us for Puncheon 1,75 million was it..

What a waste of Mane......

Problem is we gave no one else to replace him and Tadjc with when they're not playing well. Can't expect them to play every minute and they're on it every game.

Mane is dreadful though, you can't help that

Mane has a future, but as an impact sub IMHO

I thought Mane was superb today, some of jogs up the line were sublime, and as for those stretches! he's finally found his true position!

At least Ripley had one good game.

If Mane's finishing is poor then Long's doesn't exactly set the world on fire either. Barely a difference between the two in that respect.

Some moaned about his form.

Many showed their ignorance and wrote him off, questioning fee (you) etc.

You have shown to be pretty negative lately. Your predictions for the recent games have been poor.

You don't have that much faith in the team really

Don't see any problem, he was lamentably bad in the role that he was given at the time, perhaps we should all castigate

Koeman for not playing him in a position suited to his abilities, who knows we might not have lost at Burnley or at Sheff U.

Mané has scored good goals and set up another since but wait until he comes back from the CAN until you get all bleary eyed about him.

I gave a perfectly fair assessment of his performance at Sheffield United, when he was awful. Stand by that all day long.

Let's remember which one of predicted we would achieve only 9 points from our last 10 matches, including defeat after defeat after defeat, and which one of us said that was "the level required for 5th/6th". Effing relegation form.

You want to dig up my posts let's talk about the utter fuc king horsesh it you come out with.

Edited by CB Fry

Lol at people arguing again , if a player plays **** for a period of games I (and I'm sure many others) will say so the same as we will praise them when playing good that's the way a forum works does it not!? I am glad to be proved wrong as I'm sure everyone else is but you can't moan that people express their opinions of him !

I gave a perfectly fair assessment of his performance at Sheffield United, when he was awful. Stand by that all day long.

Let's remember which one of predicted we would achieve only 9 points from our last 10 matches, including defeat after defeat after defeat, and which one of us said that was "the level required for 5th/6th". Effing relegation form.

You want to dig up my posts let's talk about the utter fuc king horsesh it you come out with.

My favourite Nick G moment was when he predicted that the squad which finished 15th and was at risk of relegation up until the penultimate weekend of the season was good enough to finish 6th, then repeatedly denied he ever said it.

Lol at people arguing again , if a player plays **** for a period of games I (and I'm sure many others) will say so the same as we will praise them when playing good that's the way a forum works does it not!? I am glad to be proved wrong as I'm sure everyone else is but you can't moan that people express their opinions of him !

Whilst that's true, there's a difference between form and quality.

There was a fair bit of, "he's useless", "awful signing" and "waste of money" as opposed to "he's out of form", "needs a bit of luck", "will get firing after a goal etc".

My favourite Nick G moment was when he predicted that the squad which finished 15th and was at risk of relegation up until the penultimate weekend of the season was good enough to finish 6th, then repeatedly denied he ever said it.

The only man who can put the letters W, L, D next to a list of fixtures on a prediction thread and then pretends he never made predictions and those predictions he made on that prediction thread weren't predictions they were "hypothetical results".

The only man who can put the letters W, L, D next to a list of fixtures on a prediction thread and then pretends he never made predictions and those predictions he made on that prediction thread weren't predictions they were "hypothetical results".

Hypothetical results, that's fantastic management consultancy/government spin doctor jargon.

Are we going to play this game of getting quotes when someone's form improves every time the same player has been sh*t for a month and a half and getting slagged off ?

I reckon Tadic will be next up as he's slowly getting back into it after a dodgy 2 months, someone will go back and collect the quotes for an "i told you so" thread.

I think we all forget that its these dudes first season in the premier league so whilst we moan we also should expect their form to be hit and miss. The moaning obviously increases in direct parallel with our results, if we are crap the moan-o-meter increases.

Sadio was a crap Faustino Asprilla in Dec and in Jan he's the real Faustino, hope he's injured enough for the tournament but not enough to not be back after a week or so.

Am looking forward to Elia to play this month, i reckon he's gonna be mustard. Getting my quote in early :D

It is maybe unpalatable to those who think a good player should be one who steams up and down the pitch non-stop for 90 minutes but the match-winning genius players often contribute only a couple of flashes of inspiring play per match but boy when those moments come along they can change games and create lasting memories as Mane showed us yesterday. I doubt we will ever see a better individual goal at St Mary's.

It is maybe unpalatable to those who think a good player should be one who steams up and down the pitch non-stop for 90 minutes but the match-winning genius players often contribute only a couple of flashes of inspiring play per match but boy when those moments come along they can change games and create lasting memories as Mane showed us yesterday. I doubt we will ever see a better individual goal at St Mary's.

Don't be melodramatic, we've seen tons.

He was terrible before his time out of the side. Even his own team mates were having a Pop at him during the games.

As said, well managed by Koeman and good to see him come very good

Yes, but there is a difference between those saying he was out of form and the others being typical saintsweb morons batters

Lallana vs Hull last season? Was pretty impressive.

Whilst that's true, there's a difference between form and quality.

There was a fair bit of, "he's useless", "awful signing" and "waste of money" as opposed to "he's out of form", "needs a bit of luck", "will get firing after a goal etc".

You have a valid point. But usually it would require that player to show some good form before most people could accept he had lost it temporarily. Despite the occasional glimpse of what he might be capable of, Mane started very averagely and went downhill, culminating in his absolute shocker of a performance at Bramall Lane. Only now are we seeing his good form.

Really?

Just in recent times ...

Pelle vs QPR

Osvaldo vs Man City

Lallana vs Hull

Christ, even Tadanari Lee vs Derby was quite nice to watch.

Great to see him playing so well again. Kudos to Koeman for moving him central because how I can see how he scored so many for Red Star! He is a different player!

He must be quite literally a different player as we got Mane from Red Bull Salzburg.

AGREE, but it was a long hop, he was unchallenged and the goalie was well off his line. Mane put a great spin on the ball, MLT would have been proud of that one.

Yes indeed, Mané's chance was well spotted and well taken. It's just that there are plenty of goals up there with it in terms of being special.