Mane

simo

Fair play to the guy, looked like a different player first half, and took his goal very well. Went missing a bit in the second but didn't really get a great deal of service. Hopefully if he's found his most comfortable position and a bit confidence from the last couple of performances he can push on and gladly ram my words down my throat.

Where he is playing now is what we've lacked at times during the season, someone to get in behind a Pelle breaking forward from midfield. He's done they to great effect the last two games. Personally would have him in the side ahead of Tadic at the

Moment.

Get rid - now. The guy is a total liability, it's like playing with only ten men because the rest of the team clearly have no respect for him or faith in his ability.

I have defended him up until now, but I can't anymore.

Exactly mate, you defended him for 3 months - how much more time does a player need? Fair play to you for having such patience. I gave him 2 weeks to prove himself and I refuse to see any good him now.

I think we should sign players for 3-month initial contracts and if they don't show they are any good in that ample time (10-12) games, we can ditch them.

Every set of fans has it's fair share of ****s, and this thread is proof we are no exception

The only ****s are the ones who can't accept that other people have different opinions to theirs and then can't discuss them without resorting to childish name calling.

He's the worst player we've had since Ali Dia. he's shocking. He won't 'settle', or get better, as he's ****. Utter utter ****.

I think its probably more to do with the fact he couldn't trap a bag of cement

I thought Mane was superb today, some of jogs up the line were sublime, and as for those stretches! he's finally found his true position!

How exactly? The only thing he impacts is the pitch when he falls on his arse for the umpteenth time!

The only ****s are the ones who can't accept that other people have different opinions to theirs and then can't discuss them without resorting to childish name calling.

Totally agree, forum needs mature knowledgeable football debate without insults

Would be interested to see what happened to that toepunt guy (I think that was his name).

He was so adamant he was the worst player ever, was so pleased to bump this to boost his opinion. He's gone quiet now though, as he's quite rightly been proven to be a prize moron head.

Who do we want to come into form next ? I'll start a thread about them saying how carp they are and I'll be eating my words within 2 games :lol:

Simo, good on you for owning up to your gaff. If it's any consolation, after the fifth or sixth game of the season I came up with the opinion that Toby was "underwhelming". Now, of course, I am completely overwhelmed by his class and composure. Like a good piece of music, sometimes it takes a while for the listener or observer in this case to catch on.

I have supported him from the beginning. Thought he looked decent first few games (but as many didn't go to the likes of arsenal away in the cup they would have missed that) and have always considered him to be a useful asset for us. Good to see people eating humble pie here.

Well at least you give Mane more of a chance than Bertrand..............

Looks like a very good bit of player management from Koeman on this. Took the player out of the spotlight a bit while he was struggling, given him a little break and brought him back refreshed.

I still find the lad frustrating, he does need to learn to retain possession better, but I thought the whole team struggled with that at time a bit yesterday (against very good opposition of course).

Originally posted by Nick G: Totally agree, forum needs mature knowledgeable football debate without insults

Well done all of you. Now kindly point out exactly where i have insulted another forum user.

Well done, Huffton. Now kindly point out where Nick suggested that you had insulted other forum users.

Looks like a very good bit of player management from Koeman on this. Took the player out of the spotlight a bit while he was struggling, given him a little break and brought him back refreshed.

I still find the lad frustrating, he does need to learn to retain possession better, but I thought the whole team struggled with that at time a bit yesterday (against very good opposition of course).

Not sure about 'learning' to retain possession - he was deliberately trying to play the ball first time and it didn't come off. In his defense, it was probably the only way we were going to get behind them (as we did for the goal). Everytime we slowed things down, they snapped back into position and closed us down. It also didn't help that with the absence of Clyne and Bertrand and lack of width, we were forced to play balls inside into the most congested parts of the pitch.

Thought he played well yesterday. I have been one of his biggest critics. He was very very poor at Burnley. The role he has now provides him more space to play in. Interesting that Tadic is struggling at the moment. Got another assist yesterday, but delivery was not great. Fair play to Mane for his last 2 performances.

Not sure about 'learning' to retain possession - he was deliberately trying to play the ball first time and it didn't come off. In his defense, it was probably the only way we were going to get behind them (as we did for the goal). Everytime we slowed things down, they snapped back into position and closed us down. It also didn't help that with the absence of Clyne and Bertrand and lack of width, we were forced to play balls inside into the most congested parts of the pitch.

Yeah, the style of player he is, he's always going to lose the ball a bit more than others, and while trying to create and break through a tough defence, there is always a chance of giving the ball away. I just found it frustrating at times he couldn't just keep possession a little better, but it wasn't only him and it's a minor gripe.

Exactly mate, you defended him for 3 months - how much more time does a player need? Fair play to you for having such patience. I gave him 2 weeks to prove himself and I refuse to see any good him now.

I think we should sign players for 3-month initial contracts and if they don't show they are any good in that ample time (10-12) games, we can ditch them.

The sarcasm is not lost on me, but I am man enough to hold my hands up and admit I was wrong. He has been excellent for the last few games and we will miss him while he is away at the ACON.

But having seen how awful he was at Sheff Utd, and seeing the rest of the team completely losing their trust and temper with him, it makes me wonder just how he has made such a quick transformation. Hats off to him and the coaching staff.

The sarcasm is not lost on me, but I am man enough to hold my hands up and admit I was wrong. He has been excellent for the last few games and we will miss him while he is away at the ACON.

But having seen how awful he was at Sheff Utd, and seeing the rest of the team completely losing their trust and temper with him, it makes me wonder just how he has made such a quick transformation. Hats off to him and the coaching staff.

Surely no coincidence it's since he was moved to a more central position

Well, I'm still happy to defend him, when he hits a run of form he'll be blowing past people for fun and sticking undefendable crosses into the box.

He's a confidence player though, and he does have some awful touches. I'm not holding my breath for a "run of form" to be honest, but I understand why he's still getting picked. He's a bit wider for us than he was at RB Salzburg when he was scoring for fun though, many of those goals came from an inside left position, haring past stretched defences. He SHOULD be an outlet for us to counterattack, but we don't seem to do much of that any more.

Some of his stop-start running leading to unnecessary offsides, and insistence on cutting inside and passing to Wanyama against Man U almost every time has been annoying me though.

But I think part of it has come from better teams cutting off the ability for Bertrand to overlap though, massively reduces his options. Oh, and obviously it now turns out he's a bit of a disciplinary gamble too - but he hasn't actually been sent off... yet.

And he's still at least worth £9m more than Mayuka, I don't understand why they're getting lumped in together.

I hope you're joking.

King of the World. All it took was playing him more centrally. See above (and ignore the "not holding my breath" bit). ;)

Bloody hell, this thread has gone as quiet as Pompey job centre. Pleased for Mane proving the knee jerkers wrong. They'll be quiet for now but I am confident they will pipe up at the first opportunity to remind us that Mane is a complete bag of sh!t. Better sign another scapegoat RK.

Bloody hell, this thread has gone as quiet as Pompey job centre. Pleased for Mane proving the knee jerkers wrong. They'll be quiet for now but I am confident they will pipe up at the first opportunity to remind us that Mane is a complete bag of sh!t. Better sign another scapegoat RK.

He was terrible before his time out of the side. Even his own team mates were having a Pop at him during the games.

As said, well managed by Koeman and good to see him come very good