Mane

simo

He's ****, he's always been ****, and he's getting ****ter. Tonight he completed 2 passes, fell over his own feet at least six times, and got booked for possibly the clumsiest 'challenge' I've ever seen in a football match. And we paid upwards of £10m for him. Brilliant.

Sorry he's terrible. There was that one against Villa where he got in a promising position down the left and just kicked it out for a goal kick.

He did a similar thing tonight. The one where we won it back and he had Pelle and Tadic either side, tried to run thru on his own, fell over (yet nearly retained the ball).

The Spurs chance should have got us a point...

Even the Sunderland goal he actually tried to miss so it got taken off him...

Sorry he's terrible. There was that one against Villa where he got in a promising position down the left and just kicked it out for a goal kick.

He did a similar thing tonight. The one where we won it back and he had Pelle and Tadic either side, tried to run thru on his own, fell over (yet nearly retained the ball).

The Spurs chance should have got us a point...

Even the Sunderland goal he actually tried to miss so it got taken off him...

And?

He won us a pen at the Emirates, set up the opener against QPR with a sublime back heel and scored the winner against Stoke.

He's been on a dire run of form but there's no point in whitewashing his entire contribution.

There seems to be a general communication problem and and issue with reading the game. Numerous times Bertrand and pelle were pointing to where they wanted the ball or where they wanted him to go, but he just stands there like a rabbit in te headlights.

I am am struggling to see what he adds to the team at the moment.

There seems to be a general communication problem and and issue with reading the game. Numerous times Bertrand and pelle were pointing to where they wanted the ball or where they wanted him to go, but he just stands there like a rabbit in te headlights.

I am am struggling to see what he adds to the team at the moment.

The silliest haircut award...

If you are going to write off a player after a handful of games then you dont know much about football. This forum staggers me sometimes, 3 games into the season Pelle was crap remember! How about we give people a chance to bed in and rate them after a season?

If everyone is fit, he should be back on the bench for now - think he'll be a real pain for knackered defences but when he starts right now, he seems to get progressively worse as the game goes on.

As others have said, he has the capacity to do things that create things, but he also never seems to be in control of things and is on a bad run at the moment.

Even if Morgan/Toby aren't fit, i'd be looking at bringing in Reed alongside Wanyama, Davis moving further upfield and starting with Tadic and Long wide. Mane off the bench later in the game.

That said, RK doesn't seem to think Reed is up to it at the moment, despite us hearing he's the academy's current leading light.

If you are going to write off a player after a handful of games then you dont know much about football. This forum staggers me sometimes, 3 games into the season Pelle was crap remember! How about we give people a chance to bed in and rate them after a season?

its not a case of writing him off after a few games, its about calling it as it is now. By your method how many games does he have to play to warrant an opinion?

I'm not sure why people are on his case, we've been told for years we need a "pacy wideman" and now we've got one because he isn't brilliant straight away people are on his back. This is the sort of player your pacy widemen are folks, frustrating, inconsistent but every now and again turn it on. Show me a pacy wideman who is consistently good and I'll show you a player out of our price range.

Think he shows tons of potential personally, he scares most oppositions who know they will struggle against his pace.

Rubbish game last night, when most things he tried went wrong. But so what, he kept going and defended well from the front to take the pressure off when the ball was lost (OK, much of the time by himself). Lucky to not get sent off late in the second half by the Itchen Corner, especially with Rooney asking the ref for the red card.

Hope he comes good, and think he will, the same way as Pelle eventually did @ Millwall.

How funny, all you hypocrites who criticised the heck out of me for stating how poor Mane was a couple of weeks ago are now jumping on the bandwagon.

Yes, he's probably the worst player to pull on a Saints shirt since Ali Dia.

Absolutely no touch.

Keystone Kops ball control

Never beats his man - well, sometimes HE does, but the ball is left behind.

His pace is almost irrelevant since he runs up to the defender then slows the game down or stops completely.

Seeing his "shots" almost hit the corner flag is embarrassing.

Shane Long is a real footballer, this guy is 10 million flushed down the toilet.

How funny, all you hypocrites who criticised the heck out of me for stating how poor Mane was a couple of weeks ago are now jumping on the bandwagon.

Absolutely no touch.

His pace is almost irrelevant since he runs up to the defender then slows the game down or stops completely.

Shane Long is a real footballer, this guy is 10 million flushed down the toilet.

I think most are just stating their opinion on his performance of last night. which was dreaful

Absolutely no touch.

No, I still see only you with the comical view.

Other people (fairly) crtisising certain aspects in the last 4 games, but no one has decided to be foolish like yourself and post such trash.

I look forward to the day he makes you look very silly (which he will, and undoubtedly you'll go quiet)

Nevertheless we do seem to have an awful record on signing african players, first Mayuka and now Mané, not to mention Taider because he's not really african. Whoever scouts them needs to look at his criteria again. Still when you leave your signings to the last minute it's quite understandable.

Nevertheless we do seem to have an awful record on signing african players, first Mayuka and now Mané, not to mention Taider because he's not really african. Whoever scouts them needs to look at his criteria again. Still when you leave your signings to the last minute it's quite understandable.

Not to mention - but you mention him anyway?

So Wanyama, Mayuka & Mané (being written off after what 10 games?) - 1 out of 3.

*rollseyes*

Not to mention - but you mention him anyway?

So Wanyama, Mayuka & Mané (being written off after what 10 games?) - 1 out of 3.

*rollseyes*

Anyone who does not write Mayuka off as a lost cause is a nutcase, he just won't make the grade. I fear that Mané will go the same way, bags of speed but no savvy. Wanyama came from Celtic and not from some micky mouse austrian or swiss side.

Anyone who does not write Mayuka off as a lost cause is a nutcase, he just won't make the grade. I fear that Mané will go the same way, bags of speed but no savvy. Wanyama came from Celtic and not from some micky mouse austrian or swiss side.

Ok, for clarity - I wasn't trying to say don't write off Mayuka. That one is understandable.

Now, you are adding extra addendums. You were also slating Wanyama earlier this season.

Well of course you think that about Mané. You were thinking the same of Koeman, Tadic & Pelle before the ink on their contract had signed. It's what you do Windows.

Ok, for clarity - I wasn't trying to say don't write off Mayuka. That one is understandable.

Now, you are adding extra addendums. You were also slating Wanyama earlier this season.

Well of course you think that about Mané. You were thinking the same of Koeman, Tadic & Pelle before the ink on their contract had signed. It's what you do Windows.

We'll see on all of those at the end of the season, for me Tadic still has it all to do, nowhere near as good as Lallana yet.