Saints V Everton Match Thread

St Chalet

Good set pieces from JWP today so far

Last few games ive watch Tadic take pens and they have been woeful at best. Great to see JWP putting the balls into the box. Tadic is the better player but JWP is far better at set pieces, can bring 5-10 goals a season easy. Much like Eriksen at spurs, i dont rate him but his set pieces are strong.

One of the worst refereeing performances we've had at SMS for many a long year. Struglling to think of a worse one tbh and hope we lodge a complaint of some kind.

Happy with the team. We're clearly disjointed with the new formation but still offer a threat.

Really like long for just his work rate if nothing else. Always a nuisance behind and pressing or winning headers (great jumper is long)...

Also lol at american commentary, "with the bear hug from behind and heinrich maneuver" to describe players jostling from a corner :mcinnes:

Also warde prowse impressing me since he's been back. Really starting to see his potential now. before this i was always scratching my head with him.

The boys are playing well. Reed's had a terrific half. Has harried brilliantly... won the ball several times.. and put in a killer long ball early on. 3-5-2 looking good so far. Fonte having a cracking game. we're back to some confident fast passing. I'm liking it. I would so love to see pelle and long pick up a goal each second half.

I've not seen a refereeing performance this all over the place in ages. Everton have been given free kicks for light shoulder barges; meanwhile, Long gets taken down twice, both time pretty strongly, and nothing is given. His knee was bleeding after the second challenge. How does the ref explain that? Still, instant karma with the goal.

Koeman played 3-5-2 at Feyernoord as it suited the players he had available, LVG took his formation and applied it in the World Cup.

Don't think we will see it again when Vic and Morgan are back, but good to see him adapting to the resources we have available. Nervous 45 ahead for us now.