Dani Osvaldo Remains at Inter

Saint-Armstrong

I would have started him yesterday and told him before the match that Ashley Williams thought his ponytail "looked gay". After Osvaldo stuck the nut on Ashley Williams we would have won easily, even with only 10 men :thumbup: That is what I would have done.

I would have started him yesterday and told him before the match that Ashley Williams thought his ponytail "looked gay". After Osvaldo stuck the nut on Ashley Williams we would have won easily, even with only 10 men :thumbup: That is what I would have done.

:lol: Koeman OUT! Bearsy in!

Who are all these people, especially on Twitter, reckoning Osvaldo would make a positive difference to our squad right now? I keep reading about his great record and ability to get in the right spots and score at will. It's mental. At three clubs since the start of 2014 he's scored 9 goals in 36 games. How the **** does that justify us sticking our neck out for him yet again. The bloke's a complete ***** and doesn't deserve to be rewarded for his consistent bad behaviour. People need to get a grip.

Who are all these people, especially on Twitter, reckoning Osvaldo would make a positive difference to our squad right now? I keep reading about his great record and ability to get in the right spots and score at will. It's mental. At three clubs since the start of 2014 he's scored 9 goals in 36 games. How the **** does that justify us sticking our neck out for him yet again. The bloke's a complete ***** and doesn't deserve to be rewarded for his consistent bad behaviour. People need to get a grip.

This. x10000

The only way we could profit from him now is to chain him up in a basement in the forest and sell him for sex with batty rich widows.

In fact having looked at yesterday's game again I'd be happy to see him back because Pellé doesn't get onto half of the chances that our wide men create, he's just not where he needs to be when he needs to be. He's a target man 20 yds out but he's no sniffer dog in the box. We need better to maximise the work the wide men are doing.

Bringing back Osvaldo?......Mmm.....stranger things have happened in football ....and no man is beyond redemption.... (as we saw with " the Puncheon Incident ") .

Osvaldo, is of course a bit of a " loose cannon " but interestingly.....his last match was no.16 last season (away at Newcastle).... and only 4 players who started that game are still at the club;

Gazzaniga, JWP, Steven Davis and Jay Rodrigues, .....(although Fonte, Yoshida and Schneiderlin were on the bench). Which means that at least half the squad have never even met him..

IF..I were RK...and was considering this option, I'd have a long, heart-to-heart with Jose Fonte (now captain) and ask him about his feelings on the matter....as he is the one most directly affected.

Fascinating dilemma, but there again, I was one of those who thought Puncheon should have been released - after his spat with authority......:blush:

Edited by david in sweden

Bringing back Osvaldo?......Mmm.....stranger things have happened in football ....and no man is beyond redemption.... (as we saw with " the Puncheon Incident ") .

Osvaldo, is of course a bit of a " loose cannon " but interestingly.....his last match was no.16 last season (away at Newcastle).... and only 4 players who started that game are still at the club;

Gazzaniga, JWP, Steven Davis and Jay Rodrigues, .....(although Fonte, Yoshida and Schneiderlin were on the bench). Which means that at least half the squad have never even met him..

IF..I were RK...and was considering this option, I'd have a long, heart-to-heart with Jose Fonte (now captain) and ask him about his feelings on the matter....as he is the one most directly affected.

Fascinating dilemma, but there again, I was one of those who thought Puncheon should have been released - after his spat with authority......:blush:

The difference between the Puncheon situation and the Osvaldo one, is that as far as I was aware, Puncheon appeared to be quite popular with his team mates. Puncheon's problem seemed to be all about immature petulance, whereas Osvaldo seems just to be a bit mental with a short fuse. It is telling that his dispute was with Fonte, who appears to be the main man when it comes to making players feel at home here and he has been an excellent choice as captain because he has the respect of the players for that. Even though Fonte would probably forgive a contrite Osvaldo, he is just an accident waiting to happen again when he loses his temper and lashes out. Why would we risk disprupting the team spirit, which has been superb these past few months since he departed?

The difference between the Puncheon situation and the Osvaldo one, is that as far as I was aware, Puncheon appeared to be quite popular with his team mates. Puncheon's problem seemed to be all about immature petulance, whereas Osvaldo seems just to be a bit mental with a short fuse. It is telling that his dispute was with Fonte, who appears to be the main man when it comes to making players feel at home here and he has been an excellent choice as captain because he has the respect of the players for that. Even though Fonte would probably forgive a contrite Osvaldo, he is just an accident waiting to happen again when he loses his temper and lashes out. Why would we risk disprupting the team spirit, which has been superb these past few months since he departed?

I don't disagree with your statement. I was merely commenting on those earlier posts that suggested he might be given a " second chance ".

The thing that is most " galling " is that he has a long contract, probably with vastly-inflated salary (compared to some others in the club)..and we are committed to supporting him with that contract.

Pochettino, who " supposedly " thought to " tame him " got it terribly wrong, and now we are paying the price of that.

The underlying thought is that Koeman " might " be able to reform him, and that - were he to succeed - we might actually have a talented player at our disposal, (albeit an unpredictable one).

so what is Osvaldo's situation? is he back at Saints, did we allow his loan with Inter to be terminated early, reports said we blocked an agreement between Inter & Juve. Is his only option of game time between now and the end of the season a sale/loan to Argentina, would that be something Saints need to broker or Inter

I think our stated position was that the loan deal would not be cancelled, but that Inter couldn't just make alternative arrangements without involving us, or rather, without our say so. I guess that we have to try and recoup something and not do a Man Utd on Zaha where I think that they have lost £11m. Not sure that the loan fees were very high, but would be interested to know how much he is costing us (excluding wages). Consensus is that initially was £12.8m but we can deduct 2 loan fees - anyone know what they were?

We have little to lose trying him out until the end of the season . Explain that if he performs then he can move on to Juventus or where ever he wants . But its solely based on his ability to perform

I would think we've got a lot to lose. The rest of the squad!

The underlying thought is that Koeman " might " be able to reform him, and that - were he to succeed - we might actually have a talented player at our disposal, (albeit an unpredictable one).

A nice thought, but its not just MoPo who failed to reform him (despite knowing him from a previous spell) but arguably successive managers at Juve and Inter. Ok he may not have laid into any more of his team mates but he has hardly set the world alight or turned up for training when he should, despite playing in a country and league that he apparently prefers.

A nice thought, but its not just MoPo who failed to reform him (despite knowing him from a previous spell) but arguably successive managers at Juve and Inter.

Ok he may not have laid into any more of his team mates but he has hardly set the world alight or turned up for training when he should, despite playing in a country and league that he apparently prefers.

......and I'm not disputing that statement - either . The reference to him " possibly returning " was made by others on this thread long before me ....my post was just...a philosphical viewpoint.

I'm sure that my anger / frustration / disappointment is shared by many others on here..(I see we're past 100 posts) but there surely must be someone in the football world who can tame this maverick!

ye but, where you there when he scored that screamer against city uhoh..

I was - what about the sitter he missed in the 2nd half? I also saw his goals against Palace and Villa

(Man City)

http://www.101greatgoals.com/gvideos/2-2-pablo-osvaldo-southampton-v-aston-villa/ (Villa)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1-qVc405oE (Palace)

Would I want him back - not fussed really as I have no idea what happens behind closed doors. But if I was the manager, I would only get him back if ALL the squad agreed. If one dissenting voice, then no, and I would take the captain's views as being the most important.

......and I'm not disputing that statement - either . The reference to him " possibly returning " was made by others on this thread long before me ....my post was just...a philosphical viewpoint.

I'm sure that my anger / frustration / disappointment is shared by many others on here..(I see we're past 100 posts) but there surely must be someone in the football world who can tame this maverick!

Maybe not in the football world, but somebody in the Psychiatric field might iron him out.

@DaniellaMatar: "Looks like #Inter may very well be keeping Osvaldo. He's on their Europa League list #saintsfc". Podolski has been left off said list so perhaps this one is sorted for the rest of the season finally? Maybe Inter will just play him in Europa League fixtures.

"Javier Zanetti confirmed Daniel Osvaldo “will no longer be a part of Inter” as Boca Juniors said they are “optimistic.”

The striker has been frozen out of the squad after trying to attack teammate Mauro Icardi and going AWOL from training for two days.

There were reports today that Osvaldo was trying to patch things up with the Nerazzurri, but Vice-President Zanetti slammed the door on that theory.

“Osvaldo will no longer be a part of Inter,” Zanetti told Argentine newspaper Clarin."

http://www.football-italia.net/62239/osvaldo-no-longer-inter

Same article also says Inter may terminate the loan and send him back to us. I think there is a lot more to come in the Osvaldo saga

Edited by Restark19

Simon Peach @SimonPeach

Interesting update on @footballitalia, but incorrect when they say Inter could send Osvaldo back to #SaintsFC. The decision has to be mutual

Pants...........this is how it is .......so won't be back here...........just hope we can get some cash for him to pay off his contract

Why? If they terminate his contract for gross misconduct, then that surely leaves us to pick up the pieces.

They'll have 2 contracts. one with Osvaldo and one with SFC. They might be able to cancel one with Osvaldo but not the one with us.

So we have this season sorted, what about next season????