Dani Osvaldo Remains at Inter

Saint-Armstrong

I'm with you ART! Although I think I'd take it further - I wouldn't be at all surprised if this went on for the next 70-80 years. If he comes back now, surely everyone else in the club would want out immediately giving Dani free reign of the club. He could make himself player manager, and nobody would dare question it. Katarina would probably be forced to hand over the club to him and he would be able to sign his own army of loonies to play for us and create a legacy which could take decades to undo. He will probably get in a fight the Ted Bates statue before tearing it down and replacing it with one of himself. After all the good work that the club have done in the past few years, this could bring it all crashing down again. It's worryingly like Germany just before Hitler turned up.

Look on the bright side - free train travel to Europa league games.

Hasn't Brendan called us about him yet? I'd love to see Osvaldo and Balotelli together. They'd make a real attacking partnership.

Given Liverpool's history with our players, I'm inclined to believe that we could pursuade them of the merits of a direct swap, no strings, for Lambert.

I read somewhere that Juve were going to pay a €375,000 loan fee to Inter for him, which is a bit cheeky since Inter never paid Saints a loan fee. Maybe Saints just want the loan fee. or maybe they can get another forward on loan from Juve ?

I thought the loan fee from inter was a player called taider. Who we sent back a week or so later

be honest, if he came back into the squad, we will all be singing his name if he started to bang them in and win us points

fans are incredibly fickle

Osvaldo, wooahh ooh

Osvaldo, wooahh ooh

He comes from Italy

He fu.cking hates Pompey.

Can't wait.

My worry is that no club will want him

Well, fortunately we are a slightly better situation financially than we once were (not that I am advocating letting players go for free) and might have to take a hit. IF no one took him, I suspect that we would be within our rights to cancel his contract. I'm not one for suing players (and not sure whether there would be grounds anyway).

My worry is that no club will want him

From what has been reported in Italy since he ruined his chances at Inter, it seems clubs have wanted him, but Osvaldo considers himself too good for the likes of Genoa and Torino and won't accept a move to anywhere but Juve or AC Milan.

Bring him back

If and its a big if he scored 15 goals that fired us to the CL you lot would all be sucking him off

Fickle as f&*k

Such a stupid comment.

You are looking at the situation backwards. Yes, if he came back and did brilliantly people would rightly applaud him for turning the situation round. There's nothing fickle about that.

But the only way he's going to do that (and it's complete fantasy to think he's good enough to score fifteen goals in fifteen games) is if he shows contrition, apologises and reforms himself.

Seeing as he shows no sign of wanting or being able to do either, people don't want him back because he is likely to do more harm than good.

Nothing fickle about that.

Thick as *!@$.

Do you think Fonte and the rest of the squad are fickle?

Who knows, they may have made up? No one really knows, it could just be certain people at the club who don't want Osvaldo there. Some times you have to weight up squad harmony vs getting the job done. I'm fickle, I'll take the silly pirate looking-f*cker back as he's capable of banging a few goals in.

Who knows, they may have made up? No one really knows, it could just be certain people at the club who don't want Osvaldo there. Some times you have to weight up squad harmony vs getting the job done. I'm fickle, I'll take the silly pirate looking-f*cker back as he's capable of banging a few goals in.

He is also well capable of getting sent off and dropping us in the crap, capable of attacking his own team mates and opposing sides coaching staff and also capable of going missing without leave.

The bloke is a lunatic and a liability and will do us more harm than good, not that I've seen him produce much good apart from one goal.

We should keep him. Make him train on his own for a year. He could have occasional meetings with club officials to pass him bread and water. Then we review and see if he's willing to say sorry to the club captain. If not, another year.

No we should keep him and try to get him to score a goal or two for us, if we have to pay him anyway I'd hope we'd not be stupid or arrogant enough to put him on garden leave when we're desperate for a bit of variety in attack on occasions.

Worth loaning him out for decent loan fees and wages paid, then sell him at £5m or something. Means we "lose money", but we actually make a fair bit back of the £12.8m spent.

I seriously doubt we have been getting any sort of loan fee for Osvaldo. Juve and Inter will have been paying wages only and I suspect no all of them either. The buying/loaning club have had us over a barrel both times, knowing we wanted shot and were unable to have him in the Saints changing room. We will lose millions on this fella unless we can get him to a half decent club where he is paying every week and he bangs in a shed load of goals - thereby creating interest and a possible transfer fee. Otherwise we'll just keep on paying his wages between loans until his contract eventually runs out. No wonder ST prices keep going up.

Edited by Chez

O seriously doubt we are getting any sort of loan fee. I suspect also that we are paying some of his wages too. The buying/loaning club have has us over a barrel knowing we wanted shot and unable to have him in the changing room. We will lose millions on this fella unless we can get him to a half decent club where he is playing every week and he bangs in a shed load of goals.

I think it isn't as simple as that. A buying club would still have us over a barrel unless there were at least 2 clubs willing to buy him, and that seems a little optimistic. And then to complicate it even more, Mr Osvaldo seems rather determined to only go where he wants to go. So, if no one wants him, we have to take him back as he is contracted to us. If he refuses, then that might be good as we could sue him for breach of contract.

I would welcome him back . Pelle needs competition

In fact having looked at yesterday's game again I'd be happy to see him back because Pellé doesn't get onto half of the chances that our wide men create, he's just not where he needs to be when he needs to be. He's a target man 20 yds out but he's no sniffer dog in the box. We need better to maximise the work the wide men are doing.

Worth loaning him out for decent loan fees and wages paid, then sell him at £5m or something. Means we "lose money", but we actually make a fair bit back of the £12.8m spent.

I don't understand why people think we'll get any sort of fee for him at all. No-one will pay £5million for a striker that's done f*ck all for, what, 3 seasons now?

be honest, if he came back into the squad, we will all be singing his name if he started to bang them in and win us points

fans are incredibly fickle

Speak for yourself, I won't.

**** him, and **** anyone else who thinks he should or could come back and DAJFU.

Absolutely.

Bring him back

If and its a big if he scored 15 goals that fired us to the CL you lot would all be sucking him off

Fickle as f&*k

No, I wouldn't.

We have a good feeling in and around the club right now, so its not worth the risk for me.

Yes he has talent in there somewhere, yes we need a striker. But we dont need a player that seems to struggle to integrate into any sort of social situation.

Agree. No matter what the issue is, the solution isnt to pis s your team members off.