Saints Vs Crystal Palace Match Thread

St Chalet

We are so short of confidence up top. Pelle isolated again, no one running off him, Mane, Elia and Durajicic flitting around not doing very much. No confidence or penatration. Palace are deep so no space in behind for Manes pace, I'd get Shane Long on and Play him off Pelle, play a 4-2-2-2 with Mane and one of Elia, Durajicic, Tadic.

Elia & Pelle not in the game. Djuricic & Mane are working hard but lacking end product.

I think we're too one dimensional.

Take Pelle off, bring long on & have Elia, Mane & long rotate in those front three positions second half, think it will stretch the game and open space for midfield runners.

Front 3 behind Pelle a mess. Too much chopping and changing. Not pattern of play. Don't see what Steven Davis has done wrong. We don't need Elia at home. No guile.

Also terrible crossing all round terrible corners.

Elia and Pelle are just passengers at the moment. Otherwise despite the rubbish written on here it's been ok. We've tried to play at a high tempo but 2 of our 4 front players are just woefully out of form and our shooting is just awful. I actually quite like Djuricic, he's much more of a threat than Davis or Ward-Prowse at least

We are so short of confidence up top. Pelle isolated again, no one running off him, Mane, Elia and Durajicic flitting around not doing very much. No confidence or penatration. Palace are deep so no space in behind for Manes pace, I'd get Shane Long on and Play him off Pelle, play a 4-2-2-2 with Mane and one of Elia, Durajicic, Tadic.

I am not so sure that Pelle is isolated. We've got so much possession that I think there are plenty of players around him but there is no pattern of play. It looks like we're just making it up as we go. There is definitely no penetration as you say though. If there is no space behind then I really wish Pelle would just sit on the two central defenders and stay in the box - not bothering to link up or show any interest in the ball until it is in the box. That said, our crossing is so poor at the moment he is probably wondering what on earth is going on.

I agree Long needs to come on - just not sure who for. Maybe Elia, he has properly gone off the boil here.

Clyne and betrand are no where near as advanced as they got earlier in the season, when they overlapped we had more resources in the middle.

Pelle just can't buy a goal and the lack of goals from elsewhere is adding more pressure on the poor bloke. We have struggled to score from our AM position all season (0 goals) this needs to change.

Bring on Shane for someone as he presses at least where we have completely dropped off pressing as a team

What a weird comparison? They're completely different players. Everytime you post about football you make yourself look even more clueless.
Never said they were the same, but Cork was quality up against these two.

We'll be fine, we just need to relax, hold onto our Dicks a bit longer and we'll be able to shoot on target.

Playing with a better tempo first half but still you can see the edginess in all of them out there.

Relax don't do it, hold on and it'll come.

Or whatever Psyscho bloody babble they need in teh HT team talk

The thing that confuses me is we have a 6' 5" striker who is good in the air, yet we cannot put a decent cross in to pop in his head...

It's a good question, especially considering we seem to play hundreds of crosses each game, all of them poor.

Blimey....so now I have seen Pelle drop into midfield to collect the ball (and then give it away cheaply) and Clyne deliver a godawful cross.

We really have been Jekyll and Hyde this season - my concern is not this season but going into next season struggling. nothing to suggest the loanees will offer anything long term