Here come our new 'rivals'...

Saint-Armstrong

I agree, particularly when you consider that both teams have exactly the same player/managers and backroom staff as when we played in League 1.

Lolz, fair point, but they will take time to adjust to the Prem and this year's Championship is no kind of indication of future success. We should expect to beat them home and away (albeit not on our current form).

I am so incredibly annoyed that they managed to win the bloody title when we didn't.

Surman won the "player's player of the year" award and is an important cog in the machine. He knits it all together, rarely losses the ball and does an excellent job at covering the full backs when they fly forward. Very intelligent player tactically and positionally. We hear from Wolves, Norwich and of course Saints fans that he's an excellent Championship player but probably not good enough for the Prem. Well, I'm sure he will get a fair crack at it next season, and maybe we'll find out for sure either way. For 400k from Norwich, he's been superb business so far.

I think the main criticism of him is that he's too one-paced, which means Prem matches just pass him by no matter how good he is tactically or positionally (or on the ball for that matter).

I imagine we're subsidising the wage.

But whatever, they've achieved a great thing on far less resources than we had. Respect to them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3069401/Bournemouth-promotion-comes-cost-Cherries-owner-Maxim-Demin-Premier-League-new-boys-announce-debt-21-5m.html

"Interesting" article. Paints a slightly different picture. So a team that cost nothing to assemble has apparently cost the owner £25m to get promoted.

I think the main criticism of him is that he's too one-paced, which means Prem matches just pass him by no matter how good he is tactically or positionally (or on the ball for that matter).

So Prem matches would pass by Pirlo then? Cambiasso. Is he quick? I'll look out for him on Saturday.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3069401/Bournemouth-promotion-comes-cost-Cherries-owner-Maxim-Demin-Premier-League-new-boys-announce-debt-21-5m.html

"Interesting" article. Paints a slightly different picture. So a team that cost nothing to assemble has apparently cost the owner £25m to get promoted.

errr............... sounds a bit like the sort of owner pompey would get :uhoh:

Adkins net spend pre pre was circa £3m.... (this has probabbly reduced a lot thanks to the £10k we get everytime Ox plays :lol:) You can add Fonte and Lambert to that if you wish but we hardly broke the bank to reach the prem under Adkins... Not compared to a lot of championship teams. God bless the academy.

So Prem matches would pass by Pirlo then? Cambiasso. Is he quick? I'll look out for him on Saturday.

It depends whether teams are able to accommodate their limitations and exploit their benefits and how far they're prepared to go to do that.

Cambiasso has hardly set the world alight at Leicester, and played in 2 draws and 5 defeats in their 7 matches in Feb and March. Surman is neither Pirlo nor Cambiasso based on what I've seen so far and it's unlikely Howe would built a team around his deficiencies despite his upside.

Based on the 2013-14 accounts. Who knows what he invested in the last season to actually get promoted. Still it will all be covered by the TV money next season.

Based on the 2013-14 accounts. Who knows what he invested in the last season to actually get promoted. Still it will all be covered by the TV money next season.

New TV deal is 2016/17, so they'll probably just be getting 4-5 years of enhanced parachute payments compared to the current amounts - though the 2015/16 prize/tv money will still probably cover the cost of the higher wages they're going to inherit.

Will be interesting to see how QPR and Burnley do next season - I can see the former losing a lot of players despite the parachute money, and the latter hanging on to most of theirs.

For anyone old enough to remember the older Genisis, from Selling England by the Pound. It's the Battle of the New Forest, right outside your door!

I can't get that song out of my head now. Maybe I'll change my user name to Liquid Len. ;)

For anyone old enough to remember the older Genisis, from Selling England by the Pound. It's the Battle of the New Forest, right outside your door!

I can't get that song out of my head now. Maybe I'll change my user name to Liquid Len. ;)

As long as we don't expect the Northam to learn it, think it might be a bit hard to get going, and a bit long for them to memorise.

Surman won the "player's player of the year" award and is an important cog in the machine. He knits it all together, rarely losses the ball and does an excellent job at covering the full backs when they fly forward. Very intelligent player tactically and positionally. We hear from Wolves, Norwich and of course Saints fans that he's an excellent Championship player but probably not good enough for the Prem. Well, I'm sure he will get a fair crack at it next season, and maybe we'll find out for sure either way. For 400k from Norwich, he's been superb business so far.

Was probably our best player the season we got rid of him

New TV deal is 2016/17, so they'll probably just be getting 4-5 years of enhanced parachute payments compared to the current amounts - though the 2015/16 prize/tv money will still probably cover the cost of the higher wages they're going to inherit.

Will be interesting to see how QPR and Burnley do next season - I can see the former losing a lot of players despite the parachute money, and the latter hanging on to most of theirs.

More interesting to see is which league QPR will be playing in (presuming they will be relegated) and whether they can avoid the £50m fine + a possible transfer embargo that more than likely is waiting for them.

It was also the reason we "got rid of him" - because he was one of the few saleable assets left when we'd already sold pretty much anyone else.

The sale of Surman was the day after the Pinnacle deal collapsed (1st July 2009). Kelvin was also half way out of the door as the club tried to find the money to keep operating, and the takeover was completed on 8th July, after the date on which the administrator had said he was going to wind the club up.

It was also the reason we "got rid of him" - because he was one of the few saleable assets left when we'd already sold pretty much anyone else.

The sale of Surman was the day after the Pinnacle deal collapsed (1st July 2009). Kelvin was also half way out of the door as the club tried to find the money to keep operating, and the takeover was completed on 8th July, after the date on which the administrator had said he was going to wind the club up.

back to hindsight again, but Nicola Cortese (remember him?).. said in an interview ...that the Liebherr bid was made in late May, but " ignored " by the Administrator...as there was a feeling at the club that SFC didn't want " a foreign owner " .....and MLT's efforts to promote the Pinnacle deal had won over many fans.

As it was ....we got the best of the deal, but lost Dyer and Surman in the intervening period. (Two more Academy gradutes with some pedigree, incidentally.)

back to hindsight again, but Nicola Cortese (remember him?).. said in an interview ...that the Liebherr bid was made in late May, but " ignored " by the Administrator...as there was a feeling at the club that SFC didn't want " a foreign owner " .....and MLT's efforts to promote the Pinnacle deal had won over many fans.

As it was ....we got the best of the deal, but lost Dyer and Surman in the intervening period. (Two more Academy gradutes with some pedigree, incidentally.)

More than aware of that, still unsure why you continue with your ridiculous use of ellipses, bold and underlining.

They're at it again...

CEbB7HYW8AAH1g9.jpg:large

They'll have a great time and become everyone's 2nd favourite team but give it the large 'un all season to us... but will be relegated within a couple of seasons, money will disappear, buckets will be rattled again and no doubt, we'll see a mobility scooter or two in the centre circle. Stick this prediction down, that's Bournemouth's next two years summed up in a nutshell. Oh, and expect a Redknapp overload in the media whilst he not-so-quietly touts himself around as a replacement for Eddie "he should have played for England" Howe.

So, yeah... don't throw your buckets away just yet, Cherries fans... you're going to need them again.

More than aware of that, still unsure why you continue with your ridiculous use of ellipses, bold and underlining.

Good.....................................................................................................................................................................Point.

• 2 weeks later...
The realities of being a PL club kicking at Bournemouth

AFC Bournemouth: Jeff Mostyn defends season ticket increase

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32792112

The realities of it being that their matchday revenue will drop from about 50% of their revenue to about 10% of it because of tv income. They don't HAVE to raise ST prices, but at the same time, price of living and size of the ground means that's the sensible thing to do even though they don't really need the extra money.

The realities of it being that their matchday revenue will drop from about 50% of their revenue to about 10% of it because of tv income. They don't HAVE to raise ST prices, but at the same time, price of living and size of the ground means that's the sensible thing to do even though they don't really need the extra money.

Happens at every club reach the PL hike up the ticket prices it's like night following day. Always helps to take the gloss of promotion to the big time.

Happens at every club reach the PL hike up the ticket prices it's like night following day. Always helps to take the gloss of promotion to the big time.

Absolutely, but it's more a measure to allow for a price freeze if they drop back into the Championship, where that money is much more important overall. Fans have short memories and will be asking for a price drop on relegation even if they didn't have a price rise going up.

Am I missing something?

Where is the achievement in parking near a ground and attaching a flag to a ladder?

Neil Armstrong had a decent reason to look smug when he planted a flag, ditto the Russians when they entered Berlin, but a roofing company on a public highway?

I'd be mildly impressed if a fan took a picture in another club's boardroom or even on their pitch, but in the street?

And P.A.R. Roofing - you've just reduced your potential customer base by approx a third - so good luck when you tender for the next Staplewood contract! :lol:

#tinpot

Our "Saints scarf on the station sign" at Fratton on the way to Brighton away in 2011/12 was way more impressive, and the missus was responsible for that one. Plus a couple of Saints ST inside Fratton Park pics at recent Newport matches.

Don't get me wrong, it's utterly lame though, we were going for the cheese factor.

Absolutely, but it's more a measure to allow for a price freeze if they drop back into the Championship, where that money is much more important overall. Fans have short memories and will be asking for a price drop on relegation even if they didn't have a price rise going up.

Fans have short memories but so do football clubs. They have capped their season tickets at 7000. They have put their prices up, on average, by about £100 if that BBC report is correct (600 to 687?). So they are making an extra £700,000 off season ticket sales whilst promotion to the Prem League is worth millions plus they have the security of the parachute payments for however many years that is now.

700k is a drop in the ocean compared with the TV money they will get alone. Yet the prize for those season ticket holders who have stuck with them through some pretty awful times, sat there through 0-0 draws against Richdale on a cold and wet November night is that they have to find an extra £100 per person. Great reward for your loyal support Bournemouth.

i can see why they are doing it but it doesn't make it right. If they end up a one season wonder and do a Wigan or Swindon or Barnsley and slip back to Div 1 or 2 no doubt those loyal supporters will once again become very important to them.

Fans have short memories but so do football clubs. They have capped their season tickets at 7000. They have put their prices up, on average, by about £100 if that BBC report is correct (600 to 687?). So they are making an extra £700,000 off season ticket sales whilst promotion to the Prem League is worth millions plus they have the security of the parachute payments for however many years that is now.

700k is a drop in the ocean compared with the TV money they will get alone. Yet the prize for those season ticket holders who have stuck with them through some pretty awful times, sat there through 0-0 draws against Richdale on a cold and wet November night is that they have to find an extra £100 per person. Great reward for your loyal support Bournemouth.

i can see why they are doing it but it doesn't make it right. If they end up a one season wonder and do a Wigan or Swindon or Barnsley and slip back to Div 1 or 2 no doubt those loyal supporters will once again become very important to them.

And by then they'll have their money and be ready to hand out some more. Perfect strategy.

I once drove through the entire city of Portsmouth while blatantly displaying a Saints sticker on the back window of my car. I don't think they have ever forgotten THAT day!

No great achievement really, 90 or so percent of the PO postcode population can't read anyway.

But I would say an extra £100 is good value (even if for less games)when you consider next season they are seeing their team play saints, Chelsea, arsenal, man city man Utd etc instead of Rotherham wolves Brighton etc? Next season they will watch some world class talent ( and Liverpool, Sunderland and Watford too but let's not depress them)