• S davis
    • Pelle
    • Long
    • Mane
    • JWP
    • Tadic
    • Elia

Why don't you just shut up.

Your participation in this forum is dire. You do nothing but lie about Davis. You give him no credit when it's due and insist in telling people he is the reason we don't challenge Chelsea. The reason for it I'm yet to figure out: either you're a relative of one of the other midfielders, or you're a Celtic fan, or simply deluded.

Now you compare Ramirez (where was he today?!?) to a player who, stats tell us, seems to absent from most of our...defeats!

Dear lord.

None of the above, I just think he's cack. No goals in forty plus games and only two assists all season.

Oh, and telling lies about him? What are you, his mother?

Pelle was excellent second half and deserved his goal. Could have had a brace if it wasn't for a decent save from Harper in the 1st half. Steven Davis was atrocious, one of those game for him I suppose.

I see three people have voted for Steven Davis as MotM. Sweet baby Jesus.

I think that you'll find that to date 41 people voted Steve Davis MOTM, which puts him just behind Fonte. It's either 41 people who don't have a clue, or could it just be you who either has a problem with him, or just has too short an attention span to notice what he brings to the team? I suspect that he is one of the first names on the team sheet when fully fit.

I think that you'll find that to date 41 people voted Steve Davis MOTM, which puts him just behind Fonte. It's either 41 people who don't have a clue, or could it just be you who either has a problem with him, or just has too short an attention span to notice what he brings to the team? I suspect that he is one of the first names on the team sheet when fully fit.

Les, i think you're confusing Davis for Pelle. Bless.

Edited by shurlock

Don't think I've heard so much moaning before from our so called fans in one of our best seasons ever. Bizarre.

In the first half we were atrocious. Starting with Long losing control of the ball when he closed in on the keeper and losing control again to knock it out of play. Davis was poor and not playing the way he was at the start of the season. Hull had us contained in our own half for the first 45 mins and must have felt they deserved to be ahead at half time as we seemed unable to pass the ball to each other giving it away constantly.

You seem to have difficulty in understanding a great season and a game or run of games where we have been way below par

Maybe it's you that is the bell Mr super supporter . Maybe you should stop lecturing people from that Ivory tower of yours

Why don't you just shut up.

Your participation in this forum is dire. You do nothing but lie about Davis. You give him no credit when it's due and insist in telling people he is the reason we don't challenge Chelsea. The reason for it I'm yet to figure out: either you're a relative of one of the other midfielders, or you're a Celtic fan, or simply deluded.

Now you compare Ramirez (where was he today?!?) to a player who, stats tell us, seems to absent from most of our...defeats!

Dear lord.

I'm pretty sure Ramirez would have been playing had he been eligible to.

41 people who don't have a clue or 1 person who mis-read the MOM poll? Oh well, Davis is up to 4 votes (to date).

Pelle was excellent second half and deserved his goal. Could have had a brace if it wasn't for a decent save from Harper in the 1st half. Steven Davis was atrocious, one of those game for him I suppose.

He misplaced several passes and missed a sitter, but overall his game was very sound. One of the highlights of the second half was seeing Toby getting forward and delivering quality crosses, some of which were drilled low. He looked every bit as effective at RB as Clyne on a good day.

He misplaced several passes and missed a sitter, but overall his game was very sound. One of the highlights of the second half was seeing Toby getting forward and delivering quality crosses, some of which were drilled low. He looked every bit as effective at RB as Clyne on a good day.

Davis did misplace a few passes yesterday and as you say did miss a sitter. Many players have a poor game when they come back from an injury. I voted for Morgan as MOM, he also made several uncharacteristic errors, misplacing about the same number of passes as Davis, but was superb for our second goal. It happens, there really wasn't anyone who played well yesterday (apart from Kelvin perhaps, and even he shanked one kick out which made everyone in the ground whince). The only other one I can think of that didn't make a notable mistake was Yoshida. Jose was guilty of slack backpassing and the result was almost calamitous.

There are one or two on here who just show their complete ignorance, unless it is something else, every time they repeat their remarks about Davis being cack. They are probably the same ones who used to slate Matt Oakley. Certain "fans" may watch football, but are sadly incapable of understanding it and what certain players bring to a side.

Jose was guilty of slack backpassing and the result was almost calamitous.

There was a lot of that happening yesterday from both sides. I've never seen us water a pitch so heavily before a game and at half time. The ball was getting held up a lot and was spraying up water when passed along the ground. I think this also played a part in a lot of players slipping - remember KD almost getting caught out with one. I know we like it slick but they over did it yesterday and I don't think it helped us at all.

Davis did misplace a few passes yesterday and as you say did miss a sitter. Many players have a poor game when they come back from an injury. I voted for Morgan as MOM, he also made several uncharacteristic errors, misplacing about the same number of passes as Davis, but was superb for our second goal. It happens, there really wasn't anyone who played well yesterday (apart from Kelvin perhaps, and even he shanked one kick out which made everyone in the ground whince). The only other one I can think of that didn't make a notable mistake was Yoshida. Jose was guilty of slack backpassing and the result was almost calamitous.

There are one or two on here who just show their complete ignorance, unless it is something else, every time they repeat their remarks about Davis being cack. They are probably the same ones who used to slate Matt Oakley. Certain "fans" may watch football, but are sadly incapable of understanding it and what certain players bring to a side.

I'm usually quite a fan of Steven Davis, but he did show all the signs of being off the pace and some of his passes early on were awful - but as long as that's a blip, that's fine, and he and Schneiderlin both looked better with slightly tweaked roles and with JWP on the pitch.

However, suggesting he was Man of the Match are the ramblings of a deluded mentalist, even in a match where few were outstanding, he was one of the few who could be immediately ruled out.

I'm usually quite a fan of Steven Davis, but he did show all the signs of being off the pace and some of his passes early on were awful - but as long as that's a blip, that's fine, and he and Schneiderlin both looked better with slightly tweaked roles and with JWP on the pitch.

However, suggesting he was Man of the Match are the ramblings of a deluded mentalist, even in a match where few were outstanding, he was one of the few who could be immediately ruled out.

Agree totally. Sometimes I would put SD as MOTM but yesterday he was not even a consideration. I think with hindsight I should have voted for Yoshida rather than Morgan.

Embarrassing from a large bunch in block 2 singing if pelle scores we're on the pitch. Shameful stuff and he scored just after. So many bells about, does my head in.

Obviously an older poster that hàs very poor hearing it was actually "if Pelle scores were on the ****"

With all the gripings from Hull and Danny Murphy on MOTD about Pelle not being sent off, the question of why Alex Bruce wasn't given a straight red for conceding the penalty appears to have been ignored. Every week you see red cards for less obvious cases, yet he didn't even get a yellow. It was argued in our row, that as it was Shane Long, it wasn't a clear scoring chance.

The fact is that Kevin Friend is the most appalling Premier League ref, which in itself is a difficult task, given the competition and that he failed to book any Hull players at all for fouls worse than Victor's merely enhances that.

With all the gripings from Hull and Danny Murphy on MOTD about Pelle not being sent off, the question of why Alex Bruce wasn't given a straight red for conceding the penalty appears to have been ignored. Every week you see red cards for less obvious cases, yet he didn't even get a yellow. It was argued in our row, that as it was Shane Long, it wasn't a clear scoring chance.

The fact is that Kevin Friend is the most appalling Premier League ref, which in itself is a difficult task, given the competition and that he failed to book any Hull players at all for fouls worse than Victor's merely enhances that.

The reason Alex Bruce wasn't sent off was very obviously that even had he not gone to the trouble of fouling Long at all, the ball was already all but in the hands of the keeper, so there was no goalscoring opportunity. It definitely wasn't a red card, though probably should have been a booking.

I thought that overall Friend had a pretty decent game, considering how crap he was last time - at least two of the things Saints fans in the Northam were shouting for and getting upset about were tangibly correct decisions (like the Hull fans bleating about our one corner which obviously came off the defender).

But that was because the main decision he had to make was so very obviously a penalty even he couldn't bottle it.

Did we win at the weekend? Only looking at this thread you'd think we got battered judging by all the moaning and groaning!

But football is a branch of showbiz is it not? Every fan I have ever met likes to see his team win - of course they do. They also (being greedy types) want to be entertained in the process too.

I think almost everyone at St Marys last Saturday were to some extent dissatisfied at half time - including Ronald Koeman by all accounts. Therefore, reflecting those feelings on here seems perfectly in order.

I do feel sorry for Steve Bruce. It looks very likely that his team will be relegated this season. Frustrating for him as he knows that its not his fault. The problem lies with referees who keep making decisions that don't favour his side and he is having to pit his team of 11 up against 11 opponents. If only they could play against 10 men instead of 11, things could be different.