The Official Saints European Tour 2015 / 16 Thread - Died Peacefully 27/08/2015

Marsdinho

I'm Dutch and I can tell you guys will be fine.

As somebody mentioned their selection of players changes heavily every year, due to loans etc. Each year they lose their best players and need to rebuild their squad. (This season they lost their star players Traore, Pröpper, Vejinovic) I can't see Vitesse beat a way more solid Southampton anyway. Besides that, Koeman knows them very well, will be a big advantage.

They sound a bit like us!

Joint 4th favs

None of those bookies show Saints as joint 4th favourites.

Maybe I'm being thick but bet 365s betting only has 3 prices better than ours?

There are 7 teams at shorter odds than Saints with bet365, so that makes Saints joint 8th favourites (along with the others at 33/1).

Edited by Matthew Le God

Any ideas when tickets will go on sale?

Will it be ST holders, then members, then general - or will there be a preference for ST holders + first leg attendees, then ST holders, then members, then general?

1200 tickets available apparently. I would expect aseaso tickets with away games first. Then season tickets and can't see it getting any further than that. Easy game to get to against decent opponent. No chance in the world will this make general sale.

You've finally seen the light and ummm... joined the dark side!

I think you'll find that wherever we are, I was here ten years before you. I was making "pendant" jokes on Saints Forever when you still had to learn French.

This is still a winnable tie. Just because they get players from Chelsea doesn't mean squat really, you can't compare Baker and Brown to Fabregas and Costa. Indeed, you can't really compare then to Chalobah and Bamford even, really.

Side note, any chance that there will be telly coverage of this?

I think you'll find that wherever we are, I was here ten years before you. I was making "pendant" jokes on Saints Forever when you still had to learn French.

I joined this forum at the same time as you and was on the Saints Forever forum before it evolved into this one.

Edited by Matthew Le God

Any ideas when tickets will go on sale?

Will it be ST holders, then members, then general - or will there be a preference for ST holders + first leg attendees, then ST holders, then members, then general?

Ticketing will surely be done on last season's away attendance record. No idea what the cutoff would be to be guaranteed, but the 3000 allocations tended to go to 5+ aways, so would expect this one to be 8+ initially, probably with only one-day windows for each group.

1200 tickets available apparently. I would expect aseaso tickets with away games first. Then season tickets and can't see it getting any further than that. Easy game to get to against decent opponent. No chance in the world will this make general sale.

Ticketing will surely be done on last season's away attendance record. No idea what the cutoff would be to be guaranteed, but the 3000 allocations tended to go to 5+ aways, so would expect this one to be 8+ initially, probably with only one-day windows for each group.

Thanks chaps.

Not sure if I have enough aways for this to get in the ticket queue early enough, I'll have to chance it and have a nice plan b in Amsterdam to fall back on!

1200 tickets available apparently.
just wondering if that number is as a result of my earlier posts (which I got from Googling away allocations at Vitesse league games) which have been `grabbed' from here and then tweeted or something you have seen officially mentioned?

1200 is certainly not many and with their games hardly ever selling out perhaps they might consider offering a larger allocation.

I'm a ST holder with every away on my account from last year, but unfortunately I'll be away.

Start your bidding.... NOW

an away UEFA game on it will perhaps benefit you should you need a ticket for a smaller ground or dare I say it the final...

just wondering if that number is as a result of my earlier posts (which I got from Googling away allocations at Vitesse league games) which have been `grabbed' from here and then tweeted or something you have seen officially mentioned?

1200 is certainly not many and with their games hardly ever selling out perhaps they might consider offering a larger allocation.

No nothing official. Though they only have to offer us 5% of the stadium. I dont know the precedent for larger away crowds in the ground, only what I have seen myself on twitter.

UEFA regulations say you only have to offer 5% of capacity to away fans, and from the photos it looks as if those fences are pretty much fixed.

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})