The Official Saints European Tour 2015 / 16 Thread - Died Peacefully 27/08/2015

Marsdinho

Yup. Hope we don't get the Kazakhstan/Armenia tie winners or might need Wednesday as well...

Got into European practise tonight. Went and saw Eastleigh v Partick Thistle. ;):uhoh: 2-0 to the Jags.

Haven't seen you mention it elsewhere, Newport are at Eastleigh next Tuesday.

In terms of booking flights' date=' I guess the earliest we could do it would be straight after the 2nd round 2nd leg? Will prices be higher or lower at such short notice?[/quote']

*IF* we draw one of the 5 (or so) teams who are directly entered into the 3QR and also unseeded, we could be booking on Friday. I believe they've already been mentioned earlier in the thread. One of them is Israeli.

Got into European practise tonight. Went and saw Eastleigh v Partick Thistle. ;):uhoh: 2-0 to the Jags.

Haven't seen you mention it elsewhere, Newport are at Eastleigh next Tuesday.

Yeah, I'll be there, and Eastleigh will bloody slaughter them. I've actually got £50 on Newport to go down this season, and a free bet to the same amount added to it. It'll be a crap way to pay for a trip to see Saints in Europe come May. :(

I like how that (technically) gets a place on the European match thread.

Tomorrow? I booked Thursday and Friday for every possible date for 3QR, PO round, and all 6 Group games back in May, knowing that I'm getting at least 10 of them back, and that only 4 more days are needed before my leave year runs out in April for the knockout matches. :D

You're a nutter! :-) I reckon I could only afford one cheap trip, apart from the final of course... ;-) But it's great having such an _informed_ nutter to hand. Thanks to you and Marsdinho for all your good work.

I'm going to book the days off work tomorrow. I am pretty keen to go to the away leg wherever it is as I can't make the next round if we get there (holidaying in Vegas).

Thoughts on me being able to secure a ticket on my season ticket? Didn't do any aways last year unfortunately and a few of the boys reckon I haven't got much of a chance of getting a ticket. Might I miss out or are they talking drunken balls? I'll probably travel anyway depending on where it is...

i wouldn't worry too much about away allocations, if you don't get a ticket you'd most likely still get in the home end, or in the case of a couple of England away games i've been on they still just let you in the away end with a home end ticket, or some of the grounds are so small you can watch over the wall

Fairly sure it's already been said, but the unseeded teams for the third qualifying round are (with teams in bold already in the hat). We have to be playing one of these 50:

• Vitesse

• Astra Giurgiu/Inverness Caledonian Thistle

• Dinamo Minsk/Cherno More Varna

• Jablonec

• Slovan Bratislava/UCD

• Sturm Graz

• AIK/Shirak

• Mladá Boleslav/Strømsgodset

• Ślask Wroclaw/IFK Göteborg

• Žilina/Dacia Chisinau

• AEK Larnaca

• Debrecen/Skonto

• Brøndby/Beroe Stara Zagora

• Charleroi/Beitar Jerusalem

• Ironi Kiryat Shmona

• Shakhtyor Soligorsk/Wolfsberger AC

• Istanbul Basaksehir

• Vojvodina/Spartaks Jürmala

• Spartak Trnava/Linfield

• FH/Inter Baku

• Željezničar/Ferencváros

• Târgu Mures

• Shamrock Rovers/Odd

• Rheindorf Altach

• Rabotnički/Jelgava

• Vaduz/Nōmme Kalju

• Čukarički/Gabala

• Kukësi/Mladost Podgorica

• Kairat/Alashkert

Nightmare scenario is that we get the last pair. Kazakhstan or Armenia...

Charleroi would be the best one to start off with. Nice easy, cheap trip.

I was thinking something along those lines, nice easy CHEAP trip to start off with. Could do without having to fly to an expensive city as our first trip (of hopefully many)

Although these earlier rounds present a chance to go to a place I've never been to, or will again, Charleroi or Vitesse would be my idea options.

I was thinking something along those lines, nice easy CHEAP trip to start off with. Could do without having to fly to an expensive city as our first trip (of hopefully many)

Although these earlier rounds present a chance to go to a place I've never been to, or will again, Charleroi or Vitesse would be my idea options.

Best to avoid Vitesse I think, Chelsea reserves and work permit awaiters isn't it.

Best to avoid Vitesse I think, Chelsea reserves and work permit awaiters isn't it.

True. East to get to for us fans, but a nightmare considering some of the other teams involved. Steaua Bucharest Mk 2.

As for the map...

- I've changed the colours of the potential opponents listed above to yellow to make it a bit easier to view.

- Once we know who we have, I'll also mark that separately on the map in another colour. I'll also add anything else that seems appropriate (Hotels, Pubs, Transport etc) as more info is added to this thread.

Yeah, plenty of others. As stated above, we don't want Vitesse.

Yeah if we get through there will probably be plenty of scope for "easier" trips in the group stage.

Have to want to face the weakest sides possible, especially as the games are either side of the PL season.

If we are convincing winners in the first leg we can rotate for the second and give the first XI more time to prepare for the league game.

Would love Ferencváros - know Budapest like the back of my hand, would be great to go back after 2 years, miss it, awesome city and bloody cheap!

Fancy your chances of bowling around that one unchallenged mate? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Really want Cherno More to get through against Minsk tonight. They are my 'second team' as my wife is from Varna (Bulgaria) and my Nephew plays for Cherno More kids team.

Good place for an away tie actually, a port town not dissimilar to Southampton (although Southampton has more Eastern Europeans in it). But it's hot, has beachs, is cheap, a choice of titty bars and the airport isn't too bad now they built a new terminal recently.

Would love Ferencváros - know Budapest like the back of my hand, would be great to go back after 2 years, miss it, awesome city and bloody cheap!

I heard a rumour yesterday that they have a pending European ban with their next match to be behind closed doors, so I'm going to check that, but worth being aware. :scared:

EDIT: They did have, they've already served it.

Edited by The9

Bit of a dilemma over this European tour. Due to family and work commitments I will probably only be able to do 1 or possibly 2 decent sized away trips max. Do I shoot my bolt early and go to the qualifier against some far-flung nobody and risk missing a trip to an Ajax or Dortmund in the group stages. Or wait but risk Saints losing in the early stages and miss out altogether?

Here's the latest UEFA Disciplinary page http://www.uefa.org/disciplinary/

I've tried to sift out the current rulings against teams we might play:

FC Dnipro Dnipetrovsk : This will only affect us if we get to Group Stages and draw them away in our first group match.

The CEDB has ordered FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk to play their next UEFA competition match as host club behind closed doors, as well as to fine the Ukranian club €50,000 for the racist behaviour of their supporters. One additional match behind closed doors suspended.

SSC Napoli : This will only affect us if we get to Group Stages and draw them away in our first group match.

Decision: The CEDB has ordered the partial closure of the SSC Napoli Stadium during the next (1) UEFA competition match in which SSC Napoli would play as the host club, and, in particular SSC Napoli shall closed Curvca A and B of the SSC Napoli Stadium. The Italian club have also been fined €80,000.

FC Steaua București: Ban will be served in 2nd QR and 3rd QR of CL, i.e. by the time we could play them so won't affect us.

Charges: Racist banner – Art. 14 of UEFA Disciplinary Regulations; Setting off of fireworks – Art. 16 (2 c) DR; Use of laser pointer – Art. 16 (2 d) DR

Sanctions:FC Steaua București have been ordered to play their next two (2) UEFA competition matches as host club behind closed doors. The Romanian club have also been fined €20,000 for the use of laser pointers and the setting off of fireworks.

Legia Warsaw: They entered in 2nd Qual Round and they're seeded so we can't play them in the 3rd QR, no impact on Saints.

Sanctions:

- The UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body has ordered Legia Warszawa to play its next two (2) UEFA competition matches as host club behind closed doors for the racist behaviour of its supporters (as of 2 Dec 2014)

- The club has also been banned from selling tickets to its supporters for the next UEFA Europa League competition matches (2014/15 season), which the club will play as the visiting team.

Ferencvárosi TC: They've already served the ban as they entered in the 1st Qualifying Round.

The UEFA Appeals Body also made a decision yesterday on the appeal lodged by Ferencvárosi TC against the decision taken by the UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body on 17 July (2014).

The appeal of Ferencváros has partially been admitted. Consequently the original decision of the UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body is modified as follows:

The partial closure of the Ferencváros stadium and the fine of €4,500 for improper conduct of the team are confirmed. The fine of €20,000 imposed on the club is overturned.

The sanction has been imposed for the racist behaviour of their supporters at the UEFA Europa League first qualifying round first and second-leg matches against Sliema Wanderers FC, played on 1 and 10 July 2014 in Malta and Hungary respectively.

(Original Ruling: Competition: 2014/2015 UEFA Europa League 1st qualifying round, both legs

Match: Sliema Wanderers FC vs. Ferencvárosi TC (1:1) played on 1 July 2014 in Malta and Ferencvárosi TC vs. Sliema Wanderers FC (2:1) played on 10 July 2014 in Hungary

Incident: Racist behaviour (monkey chants) and racist banners - Art. 14 DR

Sanction: The UEFA Control, Ethics and Disciplinary Body has ordered the partial closure of Ferencvárosi TC Stadium during the next (1) UEFA competition match in which Ferencvárosi TC would play as a host club, and, in particular, the sector N of the Stadium and to fine Ferencvárosi TC 20´000€ for the racist behaviour of their supporters.)

Edited by The9

Really want Cherno More to get through against Minsk tonight. They are my 'second team' as my wife is from Varna (Bulgaria) and my Nephew plays for Cherno More kids team.

Good place for an away tie actually, a port town not dissimilar to Southampton (although Southampton has more Eastern Europeans in it). But it's hot, has beachs, is cheap, a choice of titty bars and the airport isn't too bad now they built a new terminal recently.

:lol: i dare ask where you met your wife :blush: :smug:

sounds like that would be a good location this time of year.

Yup, just went back to check whether they'd already served it. Bit of a logistical nightmare cross-referencing the dates of the verdicts (and appeals) with the dates of any further matches they might have played in either Champions League or Europa League and then working out whether the ban may still be in place by the time we could potentially play them.

Worth keeping an eye on the UEFA Disciplinary Pages, though with 6 days' notice at this stage I'd be surprised if they were able to rule on anything in time!

Bit of a dilemma over this European tour. Due to family and work commitments I will probably only be able to do 1 or possibly 2 decent sized away trips max. Do I shoot my bolt early and go to the qualifier against some far-flung nobody and risk missing a trip to an Ajax or Dortmund in the group stages. Or wait but risk Saints losing in the early stages and miss out altogether?

It is a dilemma indeed. I'd say get one under your belt early, if we get through, miss the PlayOff round, then if we get through that you've got 3 away group stage matches to pick from and a bit more planning time.

If we get to the knockout stages on 18/25 Feb and then last 16 on 10/17 March it's going to be an absolute batch of randomness for everyone, especially people running out of annual leave like me - luckily my leave year clicks over before the QF in April.

I feel your pain.

I cant do next weekend... I'm shi*ting myself that we will A) be drawn away 1st leg next week, B) get an awesome away trip and C) get knocked out at the first hurdle.

I'm sorry' date=' exactly what is going on in that second picture :scared:[/quote']

The shirtless crowd co-ordinators have been given a hose to cool off the shirt-wearing happy clappers (aka Red Bull Buttmonkeys, or whatever a couple of them had on their t-shirts). They may well have doused the drummers too... as you can see, the crowd had massive interest in Saints v Valencia...

11667299_10152955145651931_919526108804734327_n.jpg?oh=265520b71a505b6ebe7af65829cbef72&oe=565361C6

Actually I've just realised the bloke getting doused in the pic above is also the one I took a photo of doing a nazi salute during the german national anthem before the Final... it wasn't all fun, but it was only him.

On tues last week I realised that my passport expired in April :mcinnes:

Sorted it out online and the new one arrived this morning!! So, check your passports everyone as its taking as little as a week to sort out.

I've been making tentative plans with mates this last week without actually telling them that I didn't have a valid passport!

Well looks like the trip to the Chinese border is still on the cards. 3-0 up after 60mins

Not the sort of place we'd want to go with only a few kicks about and a much changed group of players.

We want somewhere not too far away and with a shîte team. Think about Portsmouth level....

Any possible destinations where visas would be required? Those aren't good either.

Edited by Window Cleaner

Important Information

View Terms of service (Terms of Use) and Privacy Policy (Privacy Policy) and Forum Guidelines ({Guidelines})