The Rather Previous 2016/17 Saints Kit Thread

The9

Quick question: how do the kits fit in terms of size? Last season s kit i ordered an L and it was too big.

The season before that when we made our own shirts an L fitted perfectly.

Any idea on this one? Would think that americans sizes are big and therefore would need an M?

I live abroad so don't get to try them on.

Quick question: how do the kits fit in terms of size? Last season s kit i ordered an L and it was too big.

The season before that when we made our own shirts an L fitted perfectly.

Any idea on this one? Would think that americans sizes are big and therefore would need an M?

I live abroad so don't get to try them on.

Because they're fitted the shirts sit like the season before last (own brand), however the sizes aren't a complete nonsense like they were then.

As a guide, I was a XXL in the own brand home shirt and I'm XL in this one. I was a L in the last adidas shirt last season and also L the first (all red) adidas home shirt (and XL in the black with V neck "fitted" away the same season.

Sounds like a M would probably suit you.

Might get a couple of the training tees, could do with some new stuff to wear in the gym anyway. Might as well show the pride.

Doubt I'll bother with either shirt, neither is anything special and I quite like last years home shirt. Plus I've only worn it about 5 times.

FWIW it's cheaper to buy the shorts and socks from SportsDirect than in the club shop even with the 10% ST discount. The shirts are the same price as they are with the ST discount.

You'll pay the Mike Ashley tax though... which is either postage or guilt if you click and collect.

http://www.sportsdirect.com/football-shirts/premier-league-football-shirts/southampton-football-shirts

Was going to buy some of the training stuff for when I play football but the badge looks like it'll come off after a few washes.

Interesting to know that the replicas have embroidered badges whilst the player shirts have the heat-seal badges. Not sure what that says about how often player shirts get used or how durable the heat-sealed ones are.

While I think of it, there were loads of home shirts where the advert was still attached through the shirt to the inside of the back - didn't mark them but they needed to be prised apart! The ad on the away shirt is just the outline in white, but the home shirt has a full red plastic panel on it (as you can tell) and that could be pretty sweaty in this kind of weather.

phew.

Lol. They didn't seem to make much sense 28_F - weird floating circles, there was already cardboard packaging on the stuff, just a strange thing to add for no particular reason, especially as it introduces the opportunity to scag up the socks removing it.

Very interesting that there is a ladies version this year!

but seriously how much different is it?

I mean- both have bras!!! ;)

Only the home shirt comes in a woman's fit, and they had hardly any of those in store, maybe about 10 of each size - not to say that's all they've got, but there were probably 15 times that many men's shirts on display.

What does 5XL equate to in chest size? 60 odd inches?

I'm surprised 5XL fatties have any money left for shirts after stuffing their faces with ginsters.

Clothing should only go up to 2XL. If you don't fit into one of those sort your life out, fatty.

Very interesting that there is a ladies version this year!

but seriously how much different is it?

I mean- both have bras!!! ;)

Was genuinely worried I picked up the ladies version by mistake as I didn't really check when I picked it up as it was too big in the chest for what i'd consider a size L!

Clothing should only go up to 2XL. If you don't fit into one of those sort your life out, fatty.

Isnt there some law where you cant discriminate against fatties tho.

I'd suggest instead of buying a shirt put it towards a gym membership.

The badge is embroidered on the home and away replica shirt, and a sort of rubbery plastic heat-meld effect on everything else.

Apparently the badge on the players' shirts is actually the heat-transfer version, so the embroidery is obviously either a sop to the "it won't last" fannies, or it's necessary because the player shirts don't get as much use as the replicas. Could have sworn I'd already posted this at least once. :D

Was genuinely worried I picked up the ladies version by mistake as I didn't really check when I picked it up as it was too big in the chest for what i'd consider a size L!

Women's shirt has a smaller Virgin Media logo though other than that the labelling is exactly the same - but given that we were actually trying to find them in the megastore for about 10 minutes, it's unlikely you'll have accidentally picked one up. The women's stuff is in with the Youth sizes at the back right of the store, and you'd have to walk past all of the Men's ones to get to them.

Not many aways on show compared to homes either...

Ordered kits for my 9 & 13 year olds.

They arrived yesterday. 9 year old is tall & slim so ordered in Youth XL. Shorts arrived & are bigger than the Small Mens I bought for 13 year old.

Thought it was weird so checked sizes. They are 4 inches bigger. I tried them on (I'm 6ft 2in & 16stone) & they fitted me.

Called the store & they are replacing them for medium boys.

The guy measured them & said 'that's a bit strange' so be warned. If buying for kids - try the stuff on before you buy.

We couldn't do that as we are 200 miles away.

Have to say, club not really bothered. You would have thought that they would recall all of the oversized shorts......................

Not great PR & Service SFC!!

Ordered kits for my 9 & 13 year olds.

They arrived yesterday. 9 year old is tall & slim so ordered in Youth XL. Shorts arrived & are bigger than the Small Mens I bought for 13 year old.

Thought it was weird so checked sizes. They are 4 inches bigger. I tried them on (I'm 6ft 2in & 16stone) & they fitted me.

Called the store & they are replacing them for medium boys.

The guy measured them & said 'that's a bit strange' so be warned. If buying for kids - try the stuff on before you buy.

We couldn't do that as we are 200 miles away.

Have to say, club not really bothered. You would have thought that they would recall all of the oversized shorts......................

Not great PR & Service SFC!!

Worth noting that from looking at the shorts in adults sizes they seem to be huge as well, I'm usually a large in shorts but the medium still looked big when holding them up. So if you're buying shorts (I didn't), try them on if you can.

The overlap in Youth and Small sizes has always been weird - probably a VAT workaround.

The fit is tight for size*. Think own make Veho shirts when ordering and size up would be my advise.

*Mine arrived as a £90 'fitted' version, so not sure whether I got a players one and the others are 'stadium'shirts.

Nope, they're all "fitted" in the club shop as well - and from one other person on Facebook with a "£90" priced shirt it looks like they've just mailed out the ones they were sent with the wrong prices on them - I'm yet to check that by removing the "club shop" price from the label on my home shirt, because they've stuck other labels over the UA price for the ones which needed to be read by the Saints store scanners.

Unless yours has a non-embroidered club badge and a red panel under the armpit and down the side of the shirt, anyway.

I've bought both the lime green and red training tees which I like, currently sat here in the shirt to try and get some use out of it because I have no idea if I'm actually going to wear it. :o

Not remotely bothered by the heat-seal thing, and I've checked the DC United U23 game pics and the player shirts are definitely not embroidered.

Just seen the home shirt in the flesh.

Nasty. So disappointing.

They threw a bunch of designs and methods at the wall and tried to make them stick. No purity, no vision. Just busy.

Shame, here's to next year.

Edited by Colinjb

Just seen the home shirt in the flesh.

Nasty. So disappointing.

They threw a bunch of designs and methods at the wall and tried to make them stick. No purity, no vision. Just busy.

Shame, here's to next year.

How many, in your fury of disgust, did you manage to cart over to the checkout?

After hours of investigative journalism*, I can confirm that the shirts in the Megastore are also marked up as £90 under the price Saints have slapped over the top.

This leads me to believe one of two things. Either that UA have mispriced a load of replicas, or that they actually sell the £90 "Fitted" replicas to some idiots at full price at other clubs and we're actually getting the expensive replicas at about half price.

But as we know these aren't the shirts the players wear anyway, it's all a bit moot.

*I peeled the Saints price off and the price underneath was also £90.