The Rather Previous 2016/17 Saints Kit Thread

The9

it's just the lighting that makes the shorts look navy right??

shame, I think the navy looks great with our kit, and is what we used to have I think. More unique. Think they've done a good job with shorts and socks style though. anyone know the sort of sizing with shorts? usually medium with adidas and nike, is it just UA's tops that are really slim?

It is just the lighting, yes. They are black. I quite like the idea of navy shorts too, very Chivas of us.

UA's replicas are regular fit anyway, but as usual with this kind of thing, I'd be trying them on before buying. God only knows how many thousand of the "own-brand" 2014/15 shirts must have been returned from online purchases because they were labelled up two sizes too small.

I quite like the kit. Nothing world-changing, certainly not the best we've had recently, but a heck of a lot better than the Cortese red one with the stupid white V on the collar. I'd rather have this one than Stoke's!

That photo seems to show early options rather than the actual kit and is a little confusing. The socks are mainly white with red rather than red with white (I guess they could be alternates), and the training top (right) we're currently using doesn't look anything like that (there's no white lower sleeve on any of them, and the red training top has a black panel on the top of the red one and a narrow fluorescent line across the front).

Quite like the keeper socks...

That jacket is the Saints Under Armour Jacket, they may rename it as something else but it exists. There are a handful of training and leisurewear not revealed yet. Here is the spurs equivalent:

http://shop.tottenhamhotspur.com/product/spurs-under-armour-jacket-2016%2F2017/uat0116?TRE00011

Our players and fans are certainly going to get a lot of stick from oppostion fans for wearing a bra this season. I guess we'll just have to get used to it like Brighton fans have had to with the boyfriend songs.

Four Four Two's take on the bra shirt: "giving the wearer the impression that they’ve donned a brassiere over their shirt"

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/whos-got-best-and-worst-kits-premier-league-season-you-decide

Some real horror shows in there. Spurs home and away, Liverpool home, S'land 3rd, Man U home, Boro home, Everton away, Swansea home, Chelsea home & away all look terrible to me. But that's just my taste, some others will love them. I like Saints' new shirts but don't love them.

In my opinion, Man C has what looks like a dark bra under a light top. Deffo looks more like a bra than our "white panel".

That jacket is the Saints Under Armour Jacket, they may rename it as something else but it exists. There are a handful of training and leisurewear not revealed yet. Here is the spurs equivalent:

http://shop.tottenhamhotspur.com/product/spurs-under-armour-jacket-2016%2F2017/uat0116?TRE00011

Good spot, I knew it wasn't something any of the Saints players had actually worn. I'll be surprised if it launches with the white sleeves though.

Just read that FourFourTwo article, how in the hell can they describe the away as "less bra-like" than the home when the panel design and size is exactly the same?

Edited by The9

I think it's alright, just a bit more of a mess than it needed to be. Not entertaining the whole "bra" nonsense, no-one said it about last season's Spurs away which is the exact same style just with a couple of hoops on it. Though the away is much plainer, and as a result pretty bloody boring.

I'm waiting to see if there's a Europa shirt or 3rd kit sold to resolve the plain back and Bournemouth away kit matching issues.

We don't tend to focus on spurs away shirts as much do we. AND, that one has the same colour sleeves so has nowhere near the same sports bra look.

Hmm, suppose so... Toluca then. I don't remember any Mexican bra-talk... :D

37713322_4pl.jpg

4520c6e20020f099ffcfaee85f93ce07.jpg

37713322_4pl.jpg

Edited by The9

Love both the Swansea strips... Joma have churned out lovely kits recently.. Trapani Calcio

I think they're dull as hell, the gradated effect is already old hat as well.

I've never really liked any Joma kit though, except maybe the Valencia shirt from 2012 and their adidas shirt was miles better last season anyway. I'd even rate Macron above Joma.

Valencia-Champions-League-Shirt-2012-13.jpg

imagen47842g.jpg

Though this Partick Thistle 2013 shirt is nice too...

Partick-Thistle-Joma-Shirt-2013-2014.jpg

Edited by The9

37713322_4pl.jpg

The Toluca kit doesn't look very good, but it looks better than our home shirt because the rest of the shirt is one colour. Not only do the stripes look weird, but our collar looks a different shade of red, the side panel has thinner stripes and a weird chunk of red and the white yoke doesn't go as far back over the shoulders as the Toluca kit either (though that may just be an illusion). It's the same reason that while I don't like our away kit, it's not quite the abomination our home strip is!

The Toluca kit doesn't look very good, but it looks better than our home shirt because the rest of the shirt is one colour. Not only do the stripes look weird, but our collar looks a different shade of red, the side panel has thinner stripes and a weird chunk of red and the white yoke doesn't go as far back over the shoulders as the Toluca kit either (though that may just be an illusion). It's the same reason that while I don't like our away kit, it's not quite the abomination our home strip is!

On the home shirt the collar's the same red as the sleeves because it's pre-dyed red material, the stripes are printed red on white material, so it's not hugely surprising there's not a colour match. I imagine on the Toluca shirt the panel is white material (as it will be on the Saints shirt) and the main body is the same pre-dyed red as the sleeves and collar.

Having said all that I'd rather it was slightly non-colour matched and striped than a perfect match and plain red.

I do have some slight reservations about how the sponsor logo will feel, it's quite a large area of sponsor to have sat on the front of the shirt and it affects a wider overall area than the veho/muvi ads did as they were more linear. I prefer that it's an added transfer rather than printed into the design though.

Overall though I think having the same colour panel as sleeves would have worked better - whether it was all red or all white. Then there's the option of having the white stripes wider rather than the red ones.

Edited by The9

37713322_4pl.jpg

no straps. Ours has straps for the bra too, which make it even more bra-like. I'm going to wear some lacy white underwear over my jeans to go with it, instead of my previous idea for shorts - just to make it as obvious as possible. maybe we should have a bra and knickers day on opening match? (over our normal clothes, no bellies please)

no straps. Ours has straps for the bra too, which make it even more bra-like. I'm going to wear some lacy white underwear over my jeans to go with it, instead of my previous idea for shorts - just to make it as obvious as possible. maybe we should have a bra and knickers day on opening match? (over our normal clothes, no bellies please)

Some people are spending far too much time trying really hard to make bra-links here. The shoulder stripes are nowhere near where they'd be if they were "bra straps". :D

Thought it was ok-ish initially, but in all honesty I was delusional. It's just f*ckin horrendous innit. Worst home shirt ever

Not really though is it ? There have been worse:

Cortese's two all red abortions

The red with a white/black flash on the shoulder under Chris Nicholl

The Pony tick effort

A bit similar in style to our first all-red nasty in 2012.

With that new/old badge though, looks really distinctive. Wonder what the Wednesdayites think of it.

I've heard they're planning a protest.

Maybe you could advise them on what face you need to pull when you hotfoot it down to the club shop to definitely buy one anyway.

I've heard they're planning a protest.

Maybe you could advise them on what face you need to pull when you hotfoot it down to the club shop to definitely buy one anyway.

One would presume it's similar to the 'Colinjb has posted about a shirt, time to roll out the same comments as usual' face?

Why do the cortese shirts get mentioned? They were just standard red shirts. I get that it wasn't saints, but in terms of design, it's not like they were bad. nothing that interesting but nothing awful either.

The plain red ones with the gold on where you couldn't read the sponsors name (their money down the toilet, cheers) or see the badge? Nothing "bad" about that design? Okay then.

And the pin stripe Nottingham Forest 1992 throwback shirts where our genius chairman gave us an away kit we couldn't actually wear for any away matches and we ended up wearing it once? Nothing "bad" about that design oh no.

And, of course, both kits were utter dogsh it.

Why do the cortese shirts get mentioned? They were just standard red shirts. I get that it wasn't saints, but in terms of design, it's not like they were bad. nothing that interesting but nothing awful either.

Just NOT 'Saints' shirts though.

The plain red ones with the gold on where you couldn't read the sponsors name (their money down the toilet, cheers) or see the badge? Nothing "bad" about that design? Okay then.

And the pin stripe Nottingham Forest 1992 throwback shirts where our genius chairman gave us an away kit we couldn't actually wear for any away matches and we ended up wearing it once? Nothing "bad" about that design oh no.

It's funny how every bad decision, the kits, Osvaldo etc gets laid directly at Cortese's door but the good decisions eg 7 years of improving league positions , appointing Poch etc the current board get the credit for that? Surely there is some joint responsibility and credit for it all?

It's funny how every bad decision, the kits, Osvaldo etc gets laid directly at Cortese's door but the good decisions eg 7 years of improving league positions , appointing Poch etc the current board get the credit for that? Surely there is some joint responsibility and credit for it all?

Not sure where that rant has come from, but personally I have given the Italian plenty of praise in the past and have said repeatedly that Cortese was a truly excellent chairman in the lower divisions.

We actually wore the white kit twice, because we nominated it as our home shirt for the FA Cup (FFS) and then got humped by Chelsea. The best bit about the whole situation for me was that we'd been selling off the yellow shirt the previous April to get rid of the Championship stock and then they ended up wearing it for about 10 matches when you couldn't buy it any more. A classic example of Cortese's shouting at people to make it happen in lieu of planning, one might think.

And that red adidas shirt wasn't actively bad, though the badge and sponsor weren't particularly well thought out, but it was the least Saints-looking kit I've ever seen.

As for the Sheff Weds kit, someone should hang for it. Their badge is just weird and they've been using it for a while now.

Incidentally, bit deal made about 7:30am opening for the shirt sales, the wife drove past the ground (and even stopped to have a look just in case) after 7:30am today and the place was still closed. Presumably it was only the West Quay store open - but that's not what all the tweets etc have said, including one at 6am today. Staffing problems? She didn't mention if there was a queue.

I'll go down there today if I get a chance. As a rational consumer I'm going to want it as soon as possible because its usefulness is time limited.

I'm intrigued about the circular card-looking Saints logo things on the socks I've seen in photos too... what are they, they're not on the sock itself and just seem to hang there?

Thought it was ok-ish initially, but in all honesty I was delusional. It's just f*ckin horrendous innit. Worst home shirt ever

The Pony tick is still going to take some beating. Barely stripes, massive brand logo, terrible sponsor just slapped on it, some of the printing was messed up too (my shorts had a rabdom white bit where the material was folded when it was coloured), and even the name and number were awful.

This one is just a striped shirt with a pointless white bit on the shoulders and some wonky stripes where people aren't made in straight lines.

The Pony tick is still going to take some beating. Barely stripes, massive brand logo, terrible sponsor just slapped on it, some of the printing was messed up too (my shorts had a rabdom white bit where the material was folded when it was coloured), and even the name and number were awful.

This one is just a striped shirt with a pointless white bit on the shoulders and some wonky stripes where people aren't made in straight lines.

Although I didn't like the Pony shirt at the time, strangely I don't think the red one looks too bad looking back at pictures now. The blue kit is still pretty gross though!

have to say... this is a particularly disappointing year for fatties posting selfies in the new kit. :(

I'm an XL in the shirt and a L in the training top this year, the shirt is fitted (as it says inside), and I REALLY don't like the way it sits on my shoulders or around my only mildly fat gut. Think own brand Adidas hiatus kit with maybe half an inch more flexibility.

I love the neon/lime green training top though. Will be wearing that a lot more than the shirt.

No women's sizes in the away shirt for anyone wondering.

May upload some pics of random stuff, and that jacket with the white sleeves does indeed have white sleeves AND it's £90.

I'm an XL in the shirt and a L in the training top this year, the shirt is fitted (as it says inside), and I REALLY don't like the way it sits on my shoulders or around my only mildly fat gut. Think own brand Adidas hiatus kit with maybe half an inch more flexibility.

Glad I went to the store rather than order online as the line at the bottom of the OS stories stating "The new Under Amour kits are a standard fit. For a full size guide, please click here" is inaccurate given the word "fitted" is printed on the shirts themselves. Best fit for me was between 2-3 sizes up on the Adidas Climacool shirts. At least going up in size on this one doesn't bring with it the crazily long length and arms of the own brand effort!

Also, noticed a couple of differences between player shirt and replicas with the badge embroidered on the replicas and the solid red panel under the arm missing.

You get the impression that a lot of the adults on social media discussing which player name to get on the back of their shirt put more thought into the decision than they do when voting.

The only name I've ever had on mine is my own (and usually I don't bother). Plus I doubt some of them know they've got a vote.