The Rather Previous 2016/17 Saints Kit Thread

The9

New PL numbers and typography - absolutely vile...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2088[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]2089[/ATTACH]

That's interesting - not until next season though presumably - they've left it too late for this season, some clubs have had their 2016/17 shirts on sale for months already?

And yeesh, ridiculous number design.

Not the best design, but I still prefer it to a plain shirt. Question, does the Saints crest look larger than normal? Maybe an optical illusion because of the bib but the crest size makes it look a bit Fisher Price to me.

Looks worse than i thought this time. I'm fine with not liking a kit just for patterns, style etc., but I didn't expect a sports bra. Shown a few non saints and non football fans, and they all saw the bra pretty quickly. bizarre design choice.

ditch the bra and just have the stripes with a black collar and you'd have a simple but stylish shirt anyway.

Means we're not looking like Stoke, Sunderland and any other red and white striped team though. It will grow when we see Saints winning in the strip.

Obviously we saw this a few days ago. I think it's about a 7.5/10. The white yoke looks a bit weird and I don't like that it's an old template, but it looks alright.

Good to see the sponsor looks quite decent, we shall see what it's made of, and whether it's a sweat magnet on the front of the home shirt. And the online shop confirms the back is indeed striped - for the last time.

The red yoke mockup version is better than the white one (but it was fairly obvious seeing the sail and the early video that it was going to be the white one). Having said that, they'd better be selling the red-backed one in the store rather than just making it player stock, irrespective of whether it also has the red yoke on it or not.

Also, having just seen the new Prem numbers, I'm REALLY hoping they're not using them until next season (and hopefully redesign them entirely). Just pointlessly over-produced.

Not the best design, but I still prefer it to a plain shirt. Question, does the Saints crest look larger than normal? Maybe an optical illusion because of the bib but the crest size makes it look a bit Fisher Price to me.

The badge looks bigger because there's a large black border as well as it possibly being larger anyway as well (some of the other pics seemed to show a white border not black?) - the UA logo seems pretty big too, so maybe they've just shown smaller shirts?

Oh and FWIW I think the away kit is incredibly uninspired and outright boring - the green thing from last season looks like an iconic masterpiece in comparison. Heard interesting stuff about it being "different", but sheesh, it's just bland (and it also looks like one of the recent Liverpool aways, which is a bit silly).

Not sure why some of you have an issue with sports bras. :-) I've got a couple of shirts for training (not a wearer to games) but as I wait until I can get something in the sales it'll probably have grown on me by then. A few wins will help.

I'm popping into M&S at Hedge End this evening, you've reminded me I could do with a new high impact bra, particularly if Rallyboy is playing 5-a-side tonight: his style is a bit Boris Johnson..

I think they are pretty **** tbh. Let's not be pedantic about how high it is, it still looks like a ****ing sports bra.

On the plus side, I think the Virgin Media logo looks great and I like what they have done with the stripes. But the bra kills it for me, Red would have looked better imo.

Dissapointed they are using a year old template - hardly cutting edge.

Not a fan of the stuck on badges on the training kit and the kits themselves - looks tacky. However both the home and away kit's do have an embroidered badge on the online club shop which looks much better imo (odd!?)

#braraised

So, to summarise, we lost one of the best managers in the league, the our best midfielder, then our best attacking player, we will probably lose our big striker, our new manager took far too long to be announced, and when he was, no one knew who he was and everyone wanted someone else. We've had to wait too long for the kit release and endured too much hype around it. No it has been release it is "vomit inducing" and "terrible" and looks like ladies undercrackers. I might go and browse the Aston Villa and Newcastle forum to cheer myself up! Miserable hits. I like the kit by the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, to summarise, we lost one of the best managers in the league, the our best midfielder, then our best attacking player, we will probably lose our big striker, our new manager took far too long to be announced, and when he was, no one knew who he was and everyone wanted someone else. We've had to wait too long for the kit release and endured too much hype around it. No it has been release it is "vomit inducing" and "terrible" and looks like ladies undercrackers. I might go and browse the Aston Villa and Newcastle forum to cheer myself up! Miserable hits. I like the kit by the way.

Apparently you can't edit your post from Tapatalk so my apologies for the poor grammar.

What amuses me is the wild veering between "it's only a kit" and "it's the worst thing ever", often with some people claiming the groupthink is the latter when all the evidence is the former.

Personally I'm not particularly bothered about it either way, and let's face it, if *I'm* not that bothered...

It's definitely an under armer. You'd think that somone would have pointed out that it looks like they've raised the bra. At least it doesn't have a small, white triangle at the bottom. We should be grateful for small mercies.

Terrific comment, Nordic, made me laugh.

'Raised bra' hits the nail on the head.

'Triangle at the bottom' LOL

My first impression of the shirt is it's hideous. But the Virgin Media logo is rather nice.

I actually believe this may discourage players from signing for us. Terrible decision from management.

I would go further to say it may actually encourage some of our players to leave. Pelle especially looks a right tit in it. And the players generally look like cross-dressers.

I really like it. Glad it's got stripes on the back and love the fact we have a nice household name as a main sponsor too (nothing against Veho before of course).

Last season being allowed a striped back (and we can see why with the farking preposterous new Premier League number designs), so I'm glad we did.

Some of these reactions are goddamn hilarious :mcinnes:

Jesus Christ chaps, kit designers really can't win with you guys.

Standard bland striped home shirt - 'Quite nice, bit boring though, template as well, bit lazy and we look like Stoke'

Brand new uniquely designed striped shirt with a few distinguishing features with a new template just for SFC (Guy in Bar Raised vids confirmed this on twitter, it's not an old template) - 'vomit inducing, won't be buying'

Can't win :lol:

Personally, I think its the best shirt we've had since returning to the Prem.

Oh and FWIW I think the away kit is incredibly uninspired and outright boring - the green thing from last season looks like an iconic masterpiece in comparison. Heard interesting stuff about it being "different", but sheesh, it's just bland (and it also looks like one of the recent Liverpool aways, which is a bit silly).

Agree with that, we keep persisting with these dark away kits and they're really nothing special. I suppose they serve their purpose in not clashing with other teams kits but when are we going to have another glorious yellow or even a blue kit again?!

If by Bar Raised they mean we're trying to top the two red horrors then they've not quite managed it. It's bloody awful, but we've had worse.

Surely it can't be that difficult to make a nice looking striped shirt?

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Some of these reactions are goddamn hilarious :mcinnes:

Jesus Christ chaps, kit designers really can't win with you guys.

Standard bland striped home shirt - 'Quite nice, bit boring though, template as well, bit lazy and we look like Stoke'

Brand new uniquely designed striped shirt with a few distinguishing features with a new template just for SFC (Guy in Bar Raised vids confirmed this on twitter, it's not an old template) - 'vomit inducing, won't be buying'

Can't win :lol:

Personally, I think its the best shirt we've had since returning to the Prem.

To be fair, there have been concept kits EVERYONE on here has thoroughly approved. Unfortunately, the club doesn't seem to consider the fans opinions which is odd considering we're the ones that they're trying to sell them to.

Does it really matter as long as the home kit is red and white stripes?

It shouldn't do if you're over 12 years old.

Our overweight fan base will look atrocious in whatever is produced anyway.

To be fair, there have been concept kits EVERYONE on here has thoroughly approved. Unfortunately, the club doesn't seem to consider the fans opinions which is odd considering we're the ones that they're trying to sell them to.

You can't please everyone though, we've got 1.4 million odd that follow our Facebook page, 579k that follow us on twitter, if it's safe to assume this is the rough estimate of our fan base you aren't going to please them all, its impossible. The general consensus on here is negative but there's only 1000 replies which is a very small fraction of our fan base, on twitter the reaction has been much more positive.

If you consulted with fans on a kit you'd be there all day, there would be countless arguments and they'd miss their manufacturing deadlines.

A good idea in theory, but not practice.

I want to like it, but both kits are pretty poor all round. They look like Championship kits. A red 'bra' would have been a huge improvement. But still, it's just a kit and it's for just one season anyway. I'll live.

Well, it's alright. Reminds me of the Pony kit which looks better now than it did at the time.

When even you can only praise the club with "its alright", then you know its ****ing **** and an embarrassment. This is up there with Cardiff's nearly two tone red kit - except they had the good sense to change it PDQ.