The Rather Previous 2016/17 Saints Kit Thread

The9

People complain about us looking like Sunderland and Stoke last season, we have a kit that makes us stand out a bit this year and people still complain.

I really like it.

We certainly stand out okay.

If only the players could wear matching set of knickers on their heads to round it off perfectly.

:D

Likewise. Very simple but classic design.

Have to say though that there is absolutely no consistency between the designs for the three Spurs shirts. It looks almost as though they are being used to advertise the different options available to Sunday league teams...now there's an idea.

The simple clean design of the Spurs stuff and Villa, clearly shows how we have been dealt garbage. There must be input from SFC and so who allowed that 'messy' home kit and old template for away.

The simple clean design of the Spurs stuff and Villa, clearly shows how we have been dealt garbage. There must be input from SFC and so who allowed that 'messy' home kit and old template for away.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :mcinnes:

We wear stripes so will never have a 'clean design' like the Spurs and Villa stuff, unless you want us to go back to wearing all Red?! :lol:

Where can I get one. Bloody class that.fed26e798769107bf37cd0058f7dd8d3.jpg

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Not surprised his face is hidden, could be quite embarrassing if people knew his identity. Imagine your neighbours knowing you bought that all-red kit.

Most disappointed to see the shirt Hjobjerg is holding up and the fact the (printed red on white) stripes on the front are clearly a much lighter red than the (dyed) red sleeves and collar. Looks like a dodgy colour match at best and a jarring contrast at worst. It is an ongoing problem with mixing white shirts with red stripes printed on them with actual red material though - and it's not like you can print white on red shirts well is it?

I'm still buying it. :/

Most disappointed to see the shirt Hjobjerg is holding up and the fact the (printed red on white) stripes on the front are clearly a much lighter red than the (dyed) red sleeves and collar. Looks like a dodgy colour match at best and a jarring contrast at worst. It is an ongoing problem with mixing white shirts with red stripes printed on them with actual red material though - and it's not like you can print white on red shirts well is it?

I'm still buying it. :/

Why?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2091[/ATTACH]

Our players and fans are certainly going to get a lot of stick from oppostion fans for wearing a bra this season. I guess we'll just have to get used to it like Brighton fans have had to with the boyfriend songs.

Four Four Two's take on the bra shirt: "giving the wearer the impression that they’ve donned a brassiere over their shirt"

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/whos-got-best-and-worst-kits-premier-league-season-you-decide

Our players and fans are certainly going to get a lot of stick from oppostion fans for wearing a bra this season. I guess we'll just have to get used to it like Brighton fans have had to with the boyfriend songs.

Four Four Two's take on the bra shirt: "giving the wearer the impression that they’ve donned a brassiere over their shirt"

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/features/whos-got-best-and-worst-kits-premier-league-season-you-decide

Bournemouth home kit is spot on

Everton away, man city home , and both west broms are all very good

Typical adidas start making good looking ORIGINAL kits, (like I said before)

I'm not a huge kit fetishist but thanks for the link, an interesting 5 minutes if you have the time to peruse all 20 home and away shirts. Not much bothered either way but ours doesn't look any better when stacked against all the other offerings, in fact considering it's a 'new' offering from an established and usually decent manufacturer I'd say somebody, somewhere has dropped a huge bollock, it's shocking.

With the possible exception of Middlesbrough's home shirt, I think ours is the worst kit in the entire league. It's worse now than when I first saw it - the side panel isn't consistent with any other part and looks more like they've used some offcuts to fill the remaining space. The collar is atrocious. And obviously the show stopper for the wrong reasons is the ludicrous white panel. I quite like the shorts, but that's about it!

Yep Bournemouth have cracked it . Home AND away both look superb, with WBA away splitting them for my top 3. All the others just get a "meh". I really like Aston Villa home shirt too but couldn't see them on the list ...... oh yeah ;)

I'm not a huge kit fetishist but thanks for the link, an interesting 5 minutes if you have the time to peruse all 20 home and away shirts. Not much bothered either way but ours doesn't look any better when stacked against all the other offerings, in fact considering it's a 'new' offering from an established and usually decent manufacturer I'd say somebody, somewhere has dropped a huge bollock, it's shocking.

Yep, even more incredible that the apparently newly savvy commercial dept at the club signed it off, or indeed chose it alongside other designs. It really was an easy early win for under armour, with a take on the Rank Xerox or sash likely to engage the fans immediately, or even a traditional slick red and white stripes effort. It's the same with a yellow and blue away kit (worn in all three of our major cup finals in living memory), which 'is Saints' and just looks so much better than the alternatives. Mind boggling...

The more I look at ours the more I dislike it, and I actually quite liked it to begin with. What were they thinking with the white bit at the top? Should have just kept it simple, Sunderland's is a standard Adidas template but would say it's a nicer kit than ours.

Shame.

1432b730-829e-4010-8ecd-907a16320333.jpg cadb859c-9436-43ef-afec-42225cd1b1f7.jpg

1432b730-829e-4010-8ecd-907a16320333.jpg

Fourfourtwo is so poor. Teenagers stuff. Apparently written by one as well...

On the Bournemouth kit.

"A humdinger: this new effort adds a stylish collar and sharp gold trim to an already-powerful red and white Cherries top. Even that weird Mansion sponsor’s logo blends in perfectly. Title-challenging material."

I mean in any group this large plenty are going to have no taste, you only need to look around the crowd for that. Some will just buy it regardless and some will just refuse to see anything wrong with their own club's stuff.

But that shirt is vile. Even if you're one of the strangely sighted people who can't see the sports bra, what is going on at the sides of the shirt? The mismatched red colours? And the thin stripes don't do the sponsor panel any favours, it's all too much!

Any news on whether we get a different one for Europe?

Agreed, the kit is appalling. Worst we've had since the first season back and the pinstripe. And worst "proper" striped kit I can remember. Very glad I got one last season if we're going to get this crap every year under UA.

I suspect there will be a minority wearing the new one this year. I hope so at least. A strong message needs to be sent that it simply isn't good enough.

Yep, even more incredible that the apparently newly savvy commercial dept at the club signed it off, or indeed chose it alongside other designs. It really was an easy early win for under armour, with a take on the Rank Xerox or sash likely to engage the fans immediately, or even a traditional slick red and white stripes effort. It's the same with a yellow and blue away kit (worn in all three of our major cup finals in living memory), which 'is Saints' and just looks so much better than the alternatives. Mind boggling...

Thing is, they can produce anything they want for the "first UA Saints kit", because the new brand sells itself. They also have to come up with 7 years' worth of kits, changing it every season, so I'm not surprised they went with a year old design, because we'll probably end up with everything they've got over the course of the 7 years, and we haven't had one of that design yet (even if Toluca and Spurs did last season).

The yellow kit thing is as simple as "all Saints fans already have a yellow kit and most of them won't buy another one".

Best home shirt we've had since the sash.

p.s. FourFourTwo is edited by a Pompey fan.

Last seasons was much nicer IMO.

The bra bit just ruins this kit.

But it is just a kit so everyone apart from The9 will get over it.

That Spurs navy away with gold is bloody terrible btw, the worst attempt at a minimalist round neck shirt I've seen in years, even our black L1 promotion away looked better than that, and everyone moaned about that one being "a training top".

Last seasons was much nicer IMO.

The bra bit just ruins this kit.

But it is just a kit so everyone apart from The9 will get over it.

Strange thing to say given that I'm pretty much neutral on this, you might want to actually read the thread!

Strange thing to say given that I'm pretty much neutral on this, you might want to actually read the thread!

Was meant as in most people realise a kit is just a kit and is an insignificant part of being a fan of a team whether they like the kit or not.

I suspect there will be a minority wearing the new one this year. I hope so at least. A strong message needs to be sent that it simply isn't good enough.

We sold enough of that awful all red thing to know that there's a base number who'll buy it no matter what (I bought that one for £10 in April of that season as opposed to most years on launch day at full price - minus ST discount). It's significantly better than the two red Cortese efforts, and will probably shift more as a result - though one of those had the benefit of the return to the Premier League bounce.

It's still a little bit weird to me that we only got one striped shirt out of a supposedly 3 year adidas deal.

God are people still moaning , it stands out from the other striped kits in the league and we're a football club not a bloody fashion show why are you getting all upset !?

People like to moan especially on the internet I find. How a simple football kit can cause so much venting of the spleen is well beyond me tho

That photo seems to show early options rather than the actual kit and is a little confusing. The socks are mainly white with red rather than red with white (I guess they could be alternates), and the training top (right) we're currently using doesn't look anything like that (there's no white lower sleeve on any of them, and the red training top has a black panel on the top of the red one and a narrow fluorescent line across the front).

Quite like the keeper socks...

Was meant as in most people realise a kit is just a kit and is an insignificant part of being a fan of a team whether they like the kit or not.

I'd say *most* people want the team to wear a kit they like, though plenty aren't bothered no matter how bad it is.

Been looking at bra wearage recently. Quite a number have them high up. This is deffo a bra-topped effort. Rather than under armour, shouldn't they just call themselves undergarments on top?

I'm going to get the shirt and shorts, and then wear the shorts over my jeans, or I might even get some white shorts to wear over my jeans, for a matching set (don't want people to think I've stopped caring)

Think i'll look really cool.

Is anyone having difficulty getting their season ticket discount online?

No, because I noticed the bit where they said they won't be sending the shirts out until launch day, and I REALLY don't care about Season DVDs, so I haven't pre-ordered.

The more I look at ours the more I dislike it, and I actually quite liked it to begin with. What were they thinking with the white bit at the top? Should have just kept it simple, Sunderland's is a standard Adidas template but would say it's a nicer kit than ours.

Shame.

1432b730-829e-4010-8ecd-907a16320333.jpg cadb859c-9436-43ef-afec-42225cd1b1f7.jpg

Looks like they're wearing training bras, which someone has pushed up. Dont ask why.