CONFIRMED - Virgil Van Dijk joins on Five Year Deal

Brizzie Saints

From the European rules:

As a rule, a player may not play in a UEFA club competition (i.e. UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League, but not UEFA Super Cup) for more than one club in the course of the same season. Exceptionally, however, a player who has been fielded in the first, second, third qualifying round or the play-offs of the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League is entitled to play in the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League for another club as from the group stage. Moreover, as from the start of the round of 32, a player can be registered in accordance with Paragraph 43.01 to Paragraph 43.04. A substitute player who has not been fielded is entitled to play for another club competing in the UEFA Champions League or UEFA Europa League in the course of the same season, provided that he is registered with the UEFA administration in accordance with the present regulations.[

Sent from my HTC Desire 310 using Tapatalk

:toppa: you are now the new The9

I am just an old fashioned boy. I like to see the first choice CH wearing the 5 shirt.

im the same. trouble is they might get another first choice this summer as a signing, when they have to announce the team numbers right at the start of the window

I know numbers don't mean as much now but still find it strange that Florin was given the no 5 shirt - especially as he wont be playing for a while.

You've answered it yourself.

He was the number 5 last season and like a lot of players has just kept his shirt.

He didn't ask a question #MLGmistakes

He said he found something strange, I said he had already said something that explains it... so he had answered his own pondering. The first bit in bold explains/answers the second bit in bold.

He said he found something strange, I said he had already said something that explains it... so he had answered his own pondering. The first bit in bold explains/answers the second bit in bold.

It's boring. It's boring... its oh so f**king boring.

Eighteen thousand posts.

It's boring. It's boring... its oh so f**king boring.

Eighteen thousand posts.

As a relative newbie to the forum what I have found "so *****ing boring" is the amount of vitriol and abuse aimed at fellow supporters/posters. Yes, some are pedantic and some have opinions vastly different to others but we're all Saints fans supposedly. Truth is you'd probably get on great if you met in the pub and spouted loads of Saints related nonsense to each other, but when camouflaged behind the anonimity of an avatar it seems people try to find a reason to vent their frustrations and anger at each other… rather than address what they are really upset/angry about.

So, starting with jasonb, in the words of Sigmund Freud, "Tell me about your mother".

As a relative newbie to the forum what I have found "so *****ing boring" is the amount of vitriol and abuse aimed at fellow supporters/posters. Yes, some are pedantic and some have opinions vastly different to others but we're all Saints fans supposedly. Truth is you'd probably get on great if you met in the pub and spouted loads of Saints related nonsense to each other, but when camouflaged behind the anonimity of an avatar it seems people try to find a reason to vent their frustrations and anger at each other… rather than address what they are really upset/angry about.

So, starting with jasonb, in the words of Sigmund Freud, "Tell me about your mother".

Don't pretend that you don't know all about his mother...

Max, I admire your optimism and charity as a relative newcomer :)

Torres, well done very good :)

Anyway, this is adding nothing to the discussion (neither did my original rant.. fair enough).

The Gardos injury might see two centre backs come in...

Adam Leitch@adamleitchsport 2m2 minutes ago

Koeman post match: “That’s the priority, to bring in one or maximum two centre backs. It’s too small with Maya and Jose." #saintsfc

Adam Leitch@adamleitchsport 2m2 minutes ago

Gardos out for '6 or 7 months'. Koeman:“We have Stephens, we have Turnbull,but they are young and still have to improve themselves #saintsfc

We need two CBs now...

With Europa League and if we want to give the cups a good go then I agree.

Stephens as fifth CB.

Stephens played 41 games for Swindon last season, to go from that to 5th choice for Saints and rarely playing might not be good for his development. Might be better having a loan at a Championship club to test him more regularly now that he is used to playing every week.

Would be a bit disappointed if our Toby replacement is him. Seen and couple of times and might be fine, but I was expecting more investment and someone younger. Unless we're struggling for money then I guess it would make sense.

Les Reed confirmed Saints made a larger bid for Alderweireld than Tottenham made. So the money for a new centre back is available.

The same reason anyone moves - money.

he will probably be one of stokes top earners...which is probably similar to our top earners..

unless we are going to blow our own wage structure out of the water (which we wont)...just no chance in hell

He and Crouch are Stoke's top earners on £45k

which is probably on par with our top earners.

if shawcross moves, stoke will want north of £20m

and then you would have to pay him as a £20m player

we dont do that

Stephens played 41 games for Swindon last season, to go from that to 5th choice for Saints and rarely playing might not be good for his development. Might be better having a loan at a Championship club to test him more regularly now that he is used to playing every week.

It's premiership experience Stephens needs now imo. Given our whole mentality has been giving our own youngsters opportunities it would make far more sense imo for Stephens to take up the fourth centre back slot in Gardos absence.

Wouldn't want Shawcross anyway. I don't think he'd compliment Fonte very well. Van Dijk would be a much better option imo.

On another note, we do seem to like a knee injury or 10. That's Rodriguez, Forster, Gardos and Bertrand off the top of my head in recent times.

It's premiership experience Stephens needs now imo. Given our whole mentality has been giving our own youngsters opportunities it would make far more sense imo for Stephens to take up the fourth centre back slot in Gardos absence.

Koeman will know more than anyone what his current capability is.

He looks a great prospect but being rushed into PL football, especially in such a key position as centre back, could ruin him if he isn't ready.

I'm sure Saints will do the right thing but CB isn't a position for rookies IMO. There are barely any 20 year old PL CBs who are decent, probably Stones the only one.

We obviously need at least one CB, preferably someone to start alongside Fonte.

If that is van Dijk then hopefully we can sort something pretty quick. Spurs have 5 senior CBs (and thats discounting Chiriches who is leaving) yet we have only two so its the one area we are weak and ill-prepared currently for a long season of hopefully many games.

Edited by Saint Charlie

which is probably on par with our top earners.

if shawcross moves, stoke will want north of £20m

and then you would have to pay him as a £20m player

we dont do that

For starters Shawcross will get a good chunk of the transfer fee so he will still be quids in.

You only need to whisper in his agents ear these days and they unsettle the player.

Liverpool and co like to whisper to the papers instead.

For starters Shawcross will get a good chunk of the transfer fee so he will still be quids in.

You only need to whisper in his agents ear these days and they unsettle the player.

Liverpool and co like to whisper to the papers instead.

we are not to stoke what liverpool are to us.

he is their skipper and probably highest paid player.