No alcohol will be sold in SMS tonight

once_bitterne

when was this brought in? I remember getting hospitality and Arsenal v Shaktar Donetsk a few years ago.... 2011 or 2012 i think and they were handing out free bottles of heineken??

Unsurprisingly, hospitality has different rules to the rest of us plebs.

Even the Champions League final was the same, I went to the Bayern Munich v Borussia Dortmund game at Wembley a few years ago and you couldn't get a beer in the ground except for the corporate bars on Club Level. Even the "normal" bars on that level weren't selling alcohol!

Unsurprisingly, hospitality has different rules to the rest of us plebs.

Even the Champions League final was the same, I went to the Bayern Munich v Borussia Dortmund game at Wembley a few years ago and you couldn't get a beer in the ground except for the corporate bars on Club Level. Even the "normal" bars on that level weren't selling alcohol!

Utter ridiculous, I do actually like my half time pint of dirty water in a flimsy plastic glass! And yes, more people turning up bang on 805pm then :lol:

There will be a record number of people watching the last five minutes of the first half
LMFAO

Shame. I'll just take a load of mushrooms and whizz instead.
FLYING HIGH TONIGHT

That's a pity. I don't ever drink at the ground (driving) but tonight I would make an exception if UEFA tell me not to.
YOU REBEL YOU

Some cracking replies .... well done lads :toppa:

Yes, i.e. the bPay band - payment wristband from Barclaycard. They were given out last year. Or even using Apple Pay.

Not only were they given out, I won a signed shirt for using it and a mate won a free hospitality day. They've cancelled the original ones with the ugly Saints bands now and sent out generic Barclaycard ones, which I'm not using but I have got the chip on me, so they've won me over (at least until my bank sends my new card next month, I still have 2012 Olympic stuff on the current one).

Not only were they given out, I won a signed shirt for using it and a mate won a free hospitality day. They've cancelled the original ones with the ugly Saints bands now and sent out generic Barclaycard ones, which I'm not using but I have got the chip on me, so they've won me over (at least until my bank sends my new card next month, I still have 2012 Olympic stuff on the current one).

All you need is the chip anyway, I personally don't like the wristbands (I hate wearing anything, watches, rings etc.), so if I were to use mine which I got last August (and haven't used), I'd just take the chip out and glue it to something I do hold often, like my wallet ... kind of defeats the purpose :)

I didn't realise that no bottles of any kind were allowed inside. My 11-year old grandson had his bottle of squash confiscated. But we were allowed to buy some Lucozade and some water inside. Mugged. Well, plastic cupped, actually.

We walked in with 2 bottles. My son even put his down on the table outside the Itchen to pick up a programme out of the box on the floor while a steward watched.

All you need is the chip anyway, I personally don't like the wristbands (I hate wearing anything, watches, rings etc.), so if I were to use mine which I got last August (and haven't used), I'd just take the chip out and glue it to something I do hold often, like my wallet ... kind of defeats the purpose :)

I took the chip out and stapled it between two pieces of thin plastic, it was ideal. This year's arrived on a card to be put into the band, needless to say I have just stuck the card in my wallet. Though the barmaid in The Spitfire who said they took contactless (and said they didn't have Slimline tonic when they did) didn't help much, as they don't have contactless terminals. :D

I didn't get my free programme. Think they must have run out a long time before I managed to get in after queuing for 15 minutes outside and didn't even get any beer beforehand.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I had to go back to the turnstiles to get my two. Some were being handed out there, others inside. I think they had to go back for refills. Nice gesture though.

They'll serve alcohol in Holland. I went to the Europa Final a few years ago to watch Fulham and we had lager in our seats - I think it's just a UK problem.

We had alcohol in hospitality last night, including a free drink at half time by way of using a voucher. It was free because you couldn't actually order a drink within the 15 minute window because EVERYONE in the suite was trying to order at the same time. They wouldn't let us pre-order our drinks as per normal so we ended up going without our "free" drink.

They'll serve alcohol in Holland. I went to the Europa Final a few years ago to watch Fulham and we had lager in our seats - I think it's just a UK problem.

We had alcohol in hospitality last night, including a free drink at half time by way of using a voucher. It was free because you couldn't actually order a drink within the 15 minute window because EVERYONE in the suite was trying to order at the same time. They wouldn't let us pre-order our drinks as per normal so we ended up going without our "free" drink.

Hospitality is different that in normal seats. It's a UEFA rule for any competitive game.

Also Hants/Saints Police twitter feed has stated....

@SaintsfcCop Jul 28

Bars will be open late in Arnhem after the match, but no alcohol in the ground