FA Cup or Europa League?

Bad Wolf

EL by a mile.

1. We've never won it before

2. Into the Champions League

3. It would mean one heck of a European tour. We'd probably have to beat the likes of Dortmund and Liverpool at some point.

4. Most of us went to Wembley for the JPT, 15,000 Saints fans packing out Basel City centre would be quite something.

The Europa League of course, but breathtakingly unlikely especially as the final becomes a CL place play off. For the likes of Spurs and Liverpool (and German/Italian equivalents) it may be their best shot at getting in the CL.

Pardew took Newcastle to the quarter finals, that would be pretty amazing for us.

Europa League easy, both trophies, but only one gets you into the Champions League. If we finished 3rd though, I'd reverse that and say FA Cup as we'd be in the Champions League anyway and would be nice to do that and finish with the FA Cup.

Which would you rather win this season?

On the face of it, it should be the latter really especially since the winners of that go into the next season's CL. I do love the FA Cup though...

Definitely the Europa. By a long long way. Much more prestigious.

Both, but Europa for me takes it easily. We join the FA Cup every year. Always have done. The Europa League is not for us an every season occurrence, and I am more than prepared to take the extra games even if it puts pressure on the squad. Will be very disappointed if we don't get through to the next stage.

I was thinking that finishing 17th (with a heroic escape from the drop) and winning the Europa League would be the ultimate.

Beating Liverpool in the final of the Europa League, and preventing them getting in to the Champions League, would be beyond epic.

Having beaten Tottenham in the semi finals?

For a club that has won so little in the way of trophies over the years either would be fantastic.

I'm not sure if Europa has the prestige of the FA Cup in this country, perhaps in Europe. If we won it would anyone notice? Balanced of course by entry to the CL.

Maybe we could ask Ipswich Town fans which was better in the long run.

I was thinking that finishing 17th (with a heroic escape from the drop) and winning the Europa League would be the ultimate.

Beating Liverpool in the final of the Europa League, and preventing them getting in to the Champions League, would be beyond epic.

I can't help but feel 17th would be a HUGE disappointment. Regardless of the circumstances that we did it in.

I can't help but feel 17th would be a HUGE disappointment. Regardless of the circumstances that we did it in.

10th on 40 points in March, rest the first team for every Prem game before and after the Europa knockout games, 5 point gap to relegation places with one match left, I'd be fine with that.

Still Europa League. About the only EL option I wouldn't take is EL and relegation versus FA Cup and not relegation.

Yep, same. Normally I'd prioritise the League over the FA Cup but winning the EL would trump that if we stayed up. The chance to play in the Champions League, even for only a year would attract some high caliber players.

EL + 12th.

A more interesting choice would be EL+mid-table vs. FA Cup + 4th. Both would give entry to the CL the next season.

FA and 4th would be the bigger achievement and mean we'd beaten both Spurs and Liverpool which would make it even better imo (it's the less likely by some distance though...)

Out of interest say we made the semis of the Europa league get knocked out but the other 3 qualify for champions league thru other routes does the winners champions league place trickle down ?

No, there's only a place for the winner.