Saints v Everton Match Thread

Suhari

The Schneiderlin screen and Alderweireld shield has well and truly gone.

We look half decent going forward, but we will not repeat last seasons feats with our current squad. We're WBA level at the moment. As I've said previous, Alderweireld- quality CB and composed, hardworking DM of good quality (won't be Schneiderlin quality, no-one is) and we'll be ok. Feel a bit sorry for the likes Stekelenburg... Forster had it easy last year compared.

Their goal was almost identical to Newcastle's second: break down our left, man left to run free up the centre unnoticed, cross whipped in, keeper stays on his line, 'defender' fails to challenge for the header, goal.

I say 'defender' because Mane and Davis somehow found themselves with the job of handling Lukaku (!).

Yep, it's obvious we haven't (yet) replaced with players of equivalent quality.

Its okay though because Cedric 'clearly has talent' 'Just needs time' perhaps he just isn't that good.

I think we need Caulker on to deal with Lukaku physically, must have to smallest back four in the league.

Its okay though because Cedric 'clearly has talent' 'Just needs time' perhaps he just isn't that good.

I think we need Caulker on to deal with Lukaku physically, must have to smallest back four in the league.

Caulker isn't on the bench. Martina is the only defender we have as substitute today.

I love the "he's young, he'll improve" line... get that a lot with Forster last year. He's 27. :lol: Might be true that, Oscar Gobern just moved from Huddersfield to QPR. :smug:

I'm more concerned by the midfield, Davis and Victor aren't at the races and we're outnumbered which is causing issues, Tadic/Pelle/Mane all look sharp at least. But again another mismash of a performance, we have enough quality to get a goal back. But we're missing something at the moment. We need a spark.

I love the "he's young, he'll improve" line... get that a lot with Forster last year. He's 27. :lol: Might be true that, Oscar Gobern just moved from Huddersfield to QPR. :smug:

That said, in Cedric's case, there clearly is ability. For some of the others, though...

To be fair we haven't replaced Toby yet and Clasie is injured. We shouldn't be this ****e though.

Clasie ain't a DM though really, if we had had a Toby quality CB we'd maybe get away with just wanyama as a true DM. but with ths shower of a defence even with Bertrand back I'd say we still need two proper DMs.

Romeu will end up playing more games than we think this season I reckon.

Absence of schneiderlin is striking. Wanyama can't do it all by himself. Davis is a non entity in cm. Romeu on to partner Vic sooner rather than later hopefully. Giving away too much possession. Soares lack of pace and physicality slight concerning. Yoshida being given run around and needs to get sharper

Terrible so far, lucky Barkley missed that sitter - although good work from Stek - or that was game over. Basically we are far too lightweight in midfield bar Victor, Davis and Tadic very very poor so far. Long doesn't seem to know what his instructions are and full backs getting exposed although Cedric has less excuse than Targett. I'd bring Reed and Martina on because Targett is a red card risk and Tadic is a total passenger, we've only got 10 men already in effect. Don't think Romeu will be sharp enough yet.

Might have to go more direct in style at the moment until Reed sorts out the extra couple of faces with some muscle we need at CB and in midfield. Hope Bertrand back sooner rather than later.

Mane and Pella are our best hopes if we can get them some supply.

Anybody else finding the BT sport commentary annoying? Kind of wish I could find American coverage!

They seem to be only too happy to criticise everything we're doing right now, including the bizarre corner set up thing... We had 5 in the box which meant there was 4 players back.