Saints v Everton Match Thread

Suhari

Same number of points at this stage last season. #meltdown

Yeah, this is true... but what of performances? Are they at the same level? It does look like we are significantly weaker than last season... hence why people are a bit concerned, which is fair enough.

Same number of points at this stage last season. #meltdown

Fair but it's the manner of today's defeat I think that is the issue. Not having a crisis this early in a season but our balance was wrong against Newcastle and has been exposed again today. Everton did a number on us far too easily.

When he joined a Dutch friend said to me, 'He'll have a great first season and then you'll really struggle in the second. He'll walk away about two thirds of the way through the second season'.

Perhaps prescient of your Dutch friend, but lets pray not.

Mmm... Ron have history of quitting in tricky second seasons?

Like I said, we got lucky last summer.

If we have a bad season, imagine what will happen next autumn when weve lost Mane, J-Rod and Wanyama

Yeah, slightly inclined to agree. I'm sure the people who "played it cool" over the summer were secretly worried like everyone else... good job it worked out for them, I suppose.

Think we'll be ok IF we do get a quality CB and DM and perhaps play Clasie in advanced postion ahead of Davis.

Davis is just ****e. And when we do replace him, we bring on another ****ehead. Ffs. Never at Davis in cm again. We were open like a whorehouse. Pulled all over the place. Absolutely fuming. Please buy a decent cb and hopefully we will improve when Bertrand is back. Cedric has been very poor

Was that Hargreaves who just said we miss Forster more than Alderweireld and Schneiderlin and that Stekelenburg has really struggled?

WTF

Should have done better with the second goal. Was hardly in the corner.

Although i'm fuming at the loss and the way we lost, I think people need to calm down a little. If it was to happen then i'm happy it happened now rather than later. Transfer window is still open and we should still be after a couple of players, hopefully of a higher quality. Besides, we still have Bertrand and Clasie to come back into the squad. Hope the board saw this and stops messing about, these £5 million signings for the squad are good, but some higher investment in the first 11 might be necessary.

Dragovic and Gonalons NOW.

Hopefully, if I say it enough times, it'll become true. Here's hoping.

You obviously know very little about Gonalons.....Must be good on FM I suppose.

Didn't really notice much difference from certain games last season today, the collective is not quite right that's all. Oh and Everton were good in defence..normal they have better players.

Edited by Window Cleaner

No doubt we are all unecessarily bed-wetting, of course...

Surely all bed-wetting is unnecessary? Or maybe you have different rules in your house?

I still think it's premature to be overly concerned with the new players, some of them will take time to settle in and it's a long season. I'm more concerned that we seem intent on playing Davis in a midfield two. For me it was the balance of the team that was wrong and that's Koeman's area. Attacking mids not tracking back enough doesn't help but I expect no less of Tadic, never seems to want to make a tackle.

Absolutely abysmmal. Soares looks awful defensively, did we really fail to notice that when bidding for him. 2nd game in a week where we conceded from our own corner. That is embarrassing.

Thought Pelle came out of game quite well, looked dangerous when we were able to get the ball to him. Don't see why Reed has been constantly overlooked for the defensive mid hole he currently have. Romeu looked a sending off looking to happen when he came on. Thought the first half intensity was terrible, we seemed to be utterly lazy with little pressing being applied. Lot of work to do to try and turn things around.

Our replacements look a bit **** so far. Early days and can't write anybody off but I worry our balance is all wrong. Probably the worst performance I've seen under RK so far. Fair play to Everton they played well and looked like a team where as we looked like a bunch of individuals. The only player I thought did well was Pelle. The rest were poor. Especially Davis, Fonte, Yos and Romeu. RK needs to get in a quality CB now. With the £100m or so we have made in the last 12 months sure we can afford it.

Surely all bed-wetting is unnecessary? Or maybe you have different rules in your house?

I still think it's premature to be overly concerned with the new players, some of them will take time to settle in and it's a long season. I'm more concerned that we seem intent on playing Davis in a midfield two. For me it was the balance of the team that was wrong and that's Koeman's area. Attacking mids not tracking back enough doesn't help but I expect no less of Tadic, never seems to want to make a tackle.

Do we have attacking midfielders ?

As you've probably seen him much more than me, tell me more....

Can't tackle and when he tries he usually gets sent off, lasted about 8 minutes last week I think, also a bit injury prone and definitely slow, won't be suited to the PL at all..that's why no club has ever tried to sign him to any great extent.

Balance was all wrong in the first half. Chasing the game at 2 down at half time is not ideal. Thought it better in the 2nd. Romeu made a big difference. Need the new CB as soon as possible and the injured players back, we won't be far away.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Edited by krissyboy31