• Leave Before - Leave Now
    • Leave Before - Remain Now
    • Leave Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Remain Before - Remain Now
    • Remain Before - Leave Now
    • Remain Before - Not Bothered Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Leave Now
    • Not Bothered Before - Remain Now
    • I've never been bothered - Why am I on this Thread?
    • No second Ref - 2016 was Definitive and Binding

I'm not entirely sure why you are surprised that the EU is our largest trading partner since we have not been allowed to arrange our own trade deals outside of the EU since we've been a member!

Just imagine who our largest trade partner could potentially have been if we HAD been allowed to set up our own trade deals...

Try to read and think a bit before chatting s**t.

I'm not entirely sure why you are surprised that the EU is our largest trading partner since we have not been allowed to arrange our own trade deals outside of the EU since we've been a member!

Just imagine who our largest trade partner could potentially have been if we HAD been allowed to set up our own trade deals...

I'm not in the least surprised that the EU is a largest trading partner - for the reasons already given. Even had this nation never joined the Common Market then it seems highly likely that continental Europe would still be the destination for much of our export trade. Europe is very much like the proverbial 'elephant in the room' for this nation - i.e. however unpopular it is with some it is rather hard to ignore!

After spending 30 seconds reading it and considering the result of the referendum, how can any Member of Parliament vote against it?

You're talking about people that would swap their grandmother's fanny for a vote. They're desperate to cling on to the gravy train.

Donald Trump and Theresa May have delivered a rebuke to the EU by agreeing the first steps in a new free trade deal two years before Brexit. In defiance of claims that Britain should not launch substantive negotiations with other countries until after Britain leaves the EU, the two leaders thrashed out an agreement that they would trade “more than ever”.

At lunch on Friday, Trump pledged to ensure that the trade arrangements that the UK has with the US through its membership of the EU will continue when the UK leaves. May and Trump also agreed to start a new trade negotiation agreement that will see high-level talks between the two nations begin immediately

"Two leaders thrashed out an agreement that they would trade 'more than ever'"

:lol:

Again nothing to see. Won't stop Trident aka GM wééing himself with excitement over #hotairanddribble. I'm still laughing at his absolute mare over Gina Miller. At least this time he spared us the hopeless chart :lol:

Needless to say the FACTS are that Trump has entered office and the administration has already scrapped TPP, a major free trade agreement; threatened Mexico with tariffs causing a diplomatic standoff; introduced an indiscriminate and ill-designed ban on refugees igniting another backlash; coined the phrase 'alternative facts'; done little to heal the rift with the CIA which he had previously accused of being behind a Nazi-like smear campaign against him. Never mind Trump's fact-free rants about popular-vote fraud or his petty obsession about crowd sizes. And that, if you can catch your breath, was just the first week.

To his credit Trump's been thoroughly consistent in his zero-sum position that US interests, jobs and business come first.

In this respect, it was painful to see May mealymouthed invocations of the special relationship and self-flattery that the UK would be the Greeks to their Romans only for Trump to make her look silly hours later by announcing the refugee ban which forced her to put out a statement and put her at odds with her own party. Trump didn't give two f**ks about the UK state visit -never mind May's entreaties for the US not to turn its back on the world. No. He ploughed straight on, as promised with his agenda which is 100% made in the USA. And this is the person that Brexiters are pinning their hopes on?

Finally the Brexiters must be loving May's visit to Turkey to scope out a trade deal, the first visit by a foreign leader since last year's military coup and purge of the government and media. Some would say it was utterly shameless, though I guess it's all shîtś and giggles now and the referendum bogeyman of 65 million Islamic terrorists flooding the UK is water under the bridge for our merry bunch of morons.

One wonders where next on the #takebackcontrol tour? Pyongyang? May decked out in a leather pantsuit, full smiles, gift Corgi in hand, goose stepping with Kim Jong-un?

Edited by shurlock

Little Timmy got a bit confused on Marr yesterday. Claimed Mrs May was going for a Nigel Farage Brexit. Marr told him Osborne,Cameron,Gove , Boris and countless others sat in that very seat and said we'll be leaving the single market if we vote to leave, to which Timmy stated that Nigel Farage had sat there and recommend the Norway version. I was confused as to what a Nigel Farage Brexit is, as Timmy used one to attack May and then to defend membership of the single market. I bet Timmy's spin doctor had his head in his hands. Sent him out with a good line about a Nigel Farage Brexit , so good in fact that Timmy used it to defend the lib dumbs position

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Little Timmy got a bit confused on Marr yesterday. Claimed Mrs May was going for a Nigel Farage Brexit. Marr told him Osborne,Cameron,Gove , Boris and countless others sat in that very seat and said we'll be leaving the single market if we vote to leave, to which Timmy stated that Nigel Farage had sat there and recommend the Norway version. I was confused as to what a Nigel Farage Brexit is, as Timmy used one to attack May and then to defend membership of the single market. I bet Timmy's spin doctor had his head in his hands. Sent him out with a good line about a Nigel Farage Brexit , so good in fact that Timmy used it to defend the lib dumbs position

Maybe Farron isn't sure what Farage believes atm because he has changed his mind so often?

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/open-britain-video-single-market-nigel-farage-anna-soubry_uk_582ce0a0e4b09025ba310fce

"Two leaders thrashed out an agreement that they would trade 'more than ever'"

Again nothing to see. Won't stop Trident aka GM wééing himself with excitement over #hotairanddribble. I'm still laughing at his absolute mare over Gina Miller. At least this time he spared us the hopeless chart :lol:

Needless to say the FACTS are that Trump has entered office and the administration has already scrapped TPP, a major free trade agreement; threatened Mexico with tariffs causing a diplomatic standoff; introduced an indiscriminate and ill-designed ban on refugees igniting another backlash; coined the phrase 'alternative facts'; done little to heal the rift with the CIA which he had previously accused of being behind a Nazi-like smear campaign against him. Never mind Trump's fact-free rants about popular-vote fraud or his petty obsession about crowd sizes. And that, if you can catch your breath, was just the first week.

To his credit Trump's been thoroughly consistent in his zero-sum position that US interests, jobs and business come first.

In this respect, it was painful to see May mealymouthed invocations of the special relationship and self-flattery that the UK would be the Greeks to their Romans only for Trump to make her look silly hours later by announcing the refugee ban which forced her to put out a statement and put her at odds with her own party. Trump didn't give two f**ks about the UK state visit -never mind May's entreaties for the US not to turn its back on the world. No. He ploughed straight on, as promised with his agenda which is 100% made in the USA. And this is the person that Brexiters are pinning their hopes on?

Finally the Brexiters must be loving May's visit to Turkey to scope out a trade deal, the first visit by a foreign leader since last year's military coup and purge of the government and media. Some would say it was utterly shameless, though I guess it's all shîtś and giggles now and the referendum bogeyman of 65 million Islamic terrorists flooding the UK is water under the bridge for our merry bunch of morons.

One wonders where next on the #takebackcontrol tour? Pyongyang? May decked out in a leather pantsuit, full smiles, gift Corgi in hand, goose stepping with Kim Jong-un?

1tsmqc.jpg

Easy to see from your usual sneering snidery that in reality you are secretly seething at how well it all been going recently for the Brexit side. The dire consequences forecast by the so-called experts of project fear have largely failed to materialise, May has made it clear that we will go for a clean Brexit, leaving the single market and the customs union and meanwhile several countries have expressed a willingness to enter into trade deals with us. By the time we actually leave the EU, the EU might well have been weakened by the collapse of the Euro, and other member states becoming ever more inclined towards following us out of the door. Our bargaining position will be considerably enhanced by the EU's need to continue trading with us on the one hand and our ability to make alternative trading agreements outside of the EU on the other.

The official Labour Party opposition is in complete disarray and Minor Fart/Tiny Tim of the Lib Dumbs believes that he roars like a lion, but his piffling Parliamentary representation of just 8 MPs means that he squeaks like a mouse.

It's all going so much better than expected.

Maybe Farron isn't sure what Farage believes atm because he has changed his mind so often?

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/open-britain-video-single-market-nigel-farage-anna-soubry_uk_582ce0a0e4b09025ba310fce

Thanks for posting that from Open Britain. It gives another opportunity to post the link to their spokesman James McGrory's car crash interview with Andrew Neil. His duplicity in taking remarks out of context, or abbreviating quotes is a master class in propaganda spin.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/11/watch-james-mcgrorys-car-crash-interview-sunday-politics/

But if you think that linking to somebody like that is a credible response, then more fool you.

1tsmqc.jpg

Easy to see from your usual sneering snidery that in reality you are secretly seething at how well it all been going recently for the Brexit side. The dire consequences forecast by the so-called experts of project fear have largely failed to materialise, May has made it clear that we will go for a clean Brexit, leaving the single market and the customs union and meanwhile several countries have expressed a willingness to enter into trade deals with us. By the time we actually leave the EU, the EU might well have been weakened by the collapse of the Euro, and other member states becoming ever more inclined towards following us out of the door. Our bargaining position will be considerably enhanced by the EU's need to continue trading with us on the one hand and our ability to make alternative trading agreements outside of the EU on the other.

The official Labour Party opposition is in complete disarray and Minor Fart/Tiny Tim of the Lib Dumbs believes that he roars like a lion, but his piffling Parliamentary representation of just 8 MPs means that he squeaks like a mouse.

It's all going so much better than expected.

Exquisitely delusional Les.

One question: how will you see those sunny uplands from your siege-filled bunker?

Edited by shurlock

Thanks for posting that from Open Britain. It gives another opportunity to post the link to their spokesman James McGrory's car crash interview with Andrew Neil. His duplicity in taking remarks out of context, or abbreviating quotes is a master class in propaganda spin.

http://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2016/11/watch-james-mcgrorys-car-crash-interview-sunday-politics/

But if you think that linking to somebody like that is a credible response, then more fool you.

Another miss Wes. How come you are so absolutely consistent? Even the clueless normally get an answer right by chance now and then. My point was about Farage changing his mind. He does. A lot. That clip endorses my point not disproves it.

Guy Verhofstadt on news night promoting his new book... at least our sleazy leaders release their books after they're in office.... chief driver of the gravy train

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

he was in the USA last week (i believe) telling an American audience that the might of the EU (militarily) is equal to that of the USA.

the guy is on crack

Another miss Wes. How come you are so absolutely consistent? Even the clueless normally get an answer right by chance now and then. My point was about Farage changing his mind. He does. A lot. That clip endorses my point not disproves it.

Either it still doesn't penetrate with you, or you are trying to cover your embarrassment at having quoted McGrory as a reliable source for quotes from the leavers, including Farage.

At least May and Trump held hands afterwards.
thats because trump wanted to put his hand some where else..lol but at least if he can,t screw her,he can,t wait to screw the uk for a one sided trade deal for the usa as he knows how desperate we are becoming and how the real world works.

It looks like Gina Miller follows Saints Web:

She isn't just a legal expert, because her and her third husband run a very successful "investment management company", SCM Private LLP.

SCM Private LLP

Statement of Comprehensive Income

Year ended 30 April 2016

[TABLE=width: 500]

[TR]

[TD][/TD]

[TD]2016[/TD]

[TD]2015[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Turnover[/TD]

[TD]£ 285,251[/TD]

[TD]£ 301,682[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Cost of sales[/TD]

[TD]£ 68,859[/TD]

[TD]£ 135,410[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Gross profit[/TD]

[TD]£ 216,392[/TD]

[TD]£ 166,272[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Administrative expenses[/TD]

[TD]£ 423,756[/TD]

[TD]£ 607,012[/TD]

[/TR]

[TR]

[TD]Operating loss[/TD]

[TD]£ (207,364)[/TD]

[TD]£ (440,740)[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

I think the government should sign her up, immediately, to provide advice on negotiating the best trade deal for the UK. I, for one, will be hanging on her every word regarding managing my investments.

GINA MILLER, who won a Supreme Court ruling to ensure Theresa May cannot trigger Article 50 without parliamentary consent, now wants to work alongside the Prime Minister to help her understand the “impact” of Brexit.“I would really like the Government or the ministers to be more transparent and to be more consultative with people such as myself"

The self-deluded, self-important b! tch should stick to draining her husband of his rapidly shrinking bank balance and not the taxpayer as well....

....as a wise man once said, if it flies, floats or f***s, rent it.

You really are utterly crap at this stuff aren't you? She doesn't need to be a legal whizz because guess what? you can hire people who are and take their advice. Awesome huh? How do you pay for that advice? using the £30m pile your husband made at New Star and Henderson.

It looks like Gina Miller follows Saints Web:

The self-deluded, self-important b! tch should stick to draining her husband of his rapidly shrinking bank balance and not the taxpayer as well....

....as a wise man once said, if it flies, floats or f***s, rent it.

If she really wants another 15 minutes of fame, she ought to apply for a job on the opposition front bench.

thats because trump wanted to put his hand some where else..lol but at least if he can,t screw her,he can,t wait to screw the uk for a one sided trade deal for the usa as he knows how desperate we are becoming and how the real world works.

Since absolutely nothing has happened so far since the vote to leave the EU, aren't we technically in exactly the same position as we have been for a number of years - and will remain so until March 2019.

Why does that make us desperate?

If she really wants another 15 minutes of fame, she ought to apply for a job on the opposition front bench.

Her husband is a real dumbass, who is rapidly being drained of his cash by, b! tches cleverer than him:

Husband loses £5m pay-out appeal: A multi-millionaire fund manager must pay his ex-wife a £5m divorce settlement after less than three years of marriage, appeal judges have said. Alan Miller, who has a wealth of about £17.5m, divorced wife Melissa in 2003 after running off with another woman. In April, he was ordered to pay a £2.7m lump sum and pay off the mortgage on a £2.3m home in Chelsea, West London. Earlier, Lewis Marks QC, representing Mr Miller, told judges his client would have been better off if he had knocked down his wife in his car. "In under three years she has achieved a modest fortune. If my client had knocked her down with his motor car, and she had suffered severe injuries - brain damage and losing the ability to have children - at most the damages would be £2m," he said.

Classy....

Add to the million his genius current wife has lost in their business and the legal costs he's spunked with a pointless PR campaign against the government and I see stormy waters ahead for this clown. He really should have kept his pecker in his trousers. Still, his lawyers must love him to death.

When her 11-year-old son heard the news, he said: “But you’re going to do something, Mummy, you always do.” “And I said, ‘I’m not promising anything, but I will talk to some lawyers’.”

Just over a week in and I see Trump is quite happy to lash out at close allies.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/world/national-security/no-gday-mate-on-call-with-australian-pm-trump-badgers-and-brags/2017/02/01/88a3bfb0-e8bf-11e6-80c2-30e57e57e05d_story.html?client=safari

Guess the Aussie PM didn't take too kindly to being asked if he wanted to spit or swallow.

Worth pointing out May was slaughtered on Fox News last night by Lou Dobbs of all people for daring to criticise Trump's executive order on refugees in yesterday's PMQs.

I always wondered what Cloud Cuckoo Land was like, Brexit and the election of Trump have satisfied my curiosity and it is not a good land. Only cuckoo's are welcome, which thankfully means eventually they will die out, they are not capable of actually existing on their own they need other species to do the hard work for them but don’t want any contact with or responsibility for them. They are very aggressive when challenged about their lifestyle but when real courage is needed they disappear faster than a Bojo promise. The cuckoo is easily identified, by its plaintiff cry of ‘Brexit means Brexit’ and its colourful plumage that is very similar to the emperors new clothes, based as it is on conceited illusions. Thankfully despite fewer sightings of many more sociable, hospitable and hard working species their numbers are actually very strong and will in time knock the selfish cuckoo from its perch.

Just over a week in and I see Trump is quite happy to lash out at close allies.

Worth pointing out May was slaughtered on Fox News last night by Lou Dobbs of all people for daring to criticise Trump's executive order on refugees in yesterday's PMQs.

Fox News?????? And you call me out on Al Jazeera???

Come on chum, you can do better than that. Just because I lower the debate, doesn't mean that you should take it to unforseen depths

Fox News?????? And you call me out on Al Jazeera???

Come on chum, you can do better than that. Just because I lower the debate, doesn't mean that you should take it to unforseen depths

Spectacularly missing the point as usual Baldrick.

I'm not citing Fox News for the accuracy of its reporting or the impartiality of its analysis (say the way you cited Al Jazeera). It's dog****.

However if you want to understand what makes the Trump base click and how it views the world, then it's a very useful resource. Indeed, if Trump's tweets are anything to go by, he spends his evenings watching and taking his cues from Fox News.

By the way, it's unforeseen :smug:

Edited by shurlock

Spectacularly missing the point as usual Baldrick.

I'm not citing Fox News for the accuracy of its reporting or the impartiality of its analysis (say the way you cited Al Jazeera). It's dog****.

However if you want to understand what makes the Trump base click and how it views the world, then it's a very useful resource. Indeed, if Trump's tweets are anything to go by, he spends his evenings watching and taking his cues from Fox News.

By the way, it's unforeseen :smug:

Aah, the good old Mary Whitehouse defence...

I don't enjoy watching porn, but I have to do it so I can come on here and tell you how disgusting it is.

You've just got to laugh, haven't you?:

6 months ago

Are you serious? This is far worse than 2008. The fall in the world's stockmarkets on Friday was $2,000,000,000,000 . As i just said to Wes, you have no idea of the damage that you have caused.

Private%20Frazer%20we

Today:

bank-of-england-libor-scandal.jpg

The Bank of England has made another dramatic rise in its growth forecast for this year. It expects the economy to grow 2% in 2017, up from a November forecast of 1.4%, which was itself an upgrade from the 0.8% forecast made in August.

I always wondered what Cloud Cuckoo Land was like, Brexit and the election of Trump have satisfied my curiosity and it is not a good land. Only cuckoo's are welcome, which thankfully means eventually they will die out, they are not capable of actually existing on their own they need other species to do the hard work for them but don’t want any contact with or responsibility for them. They are very aggressive when challenged about their lifestyle but when real courage is needed they disappear faster than a Bojo promise. The cuckoo is easily identified, by its plaintiff cry of ‘Brexit means Brexit’ and its colourful plumage that is very similar to the emperors new clothes, based as it is on conceited illusions. Thankfully despite fewer sightings of many more sociable, hospitable and hard working species their numbers are actually very strong and will in time knock the selfish cuckoo from its perch.
love it and so true.

Since absolutely nothing has happened so far since the vote to leave the EU, aren't we technically in exactly the same position as we have been for a number of years - and will remain so until March 2019.

Why does that make us desperate?

because we need a fallback position if things go wrong and real intent,trump will put the usa first and can change his mind overnight if we **** him off..besides i can,t see any deal for years anyway and the main one,we need a good deal with the eu or we are in the crap big time.

because we need a fallback position if things go wrong and real intent,trump will put the usa first and can change his mind overnight if we **** him off..besides i can,t see any deal for years anyway and the main one,we need a good deal with the eu or we are in the crap big time.

'if things go wrong'.... What if they don't go wrong? As I said previously, nothing has happened yet. We haven't left the EU yet, we haven't even started negotiating for when we do leave the EU, yet stated with absolute certainty that we are 'desperate' right now!

Not sure how you've reached that conclusion and perhaps it might be wiser to see how things start panning out before making such a dramatic statement...

'if things go wrong'.... What if they don't go wrong? As I said previously, nothing has happened yet. We haven't left the EU yet, we haven't even started negotiating for when we do leave the EU, yet stated with absolute certainty that we are 'desperate' right now!

Not sure how you've reached that conclusion and perhaps it might be wiser to see how things start panning out before making such a dramatic statement...

Kippers aren't known for realism or hardheaded practicalities; but most would admit that there are pressures on the UK to conclude new deals with non-EU countries to replace the lost trade from leaving the single market. After all, whatever the UK agrees with the EU is unlikely to be as friendly as the benefits it currently enjoys as a member of the single market.

Indeed. The will of the people in Winchester was to remain by 86% and the Winchester MP Steve Brine voted leave. Traitor

The bloke voted in favor of the referendum, so that would therefore imply he would vote to implement the outcome.

It's hilarious to see the likes of Clegg and Farron trying to make their position look principled, who both voted for the referendum presuming they'd win and put the issue to bed, but are now throwing the toys out 'cos they didn't. The only MPs who are logically entitled to try and block brexit are those who opposed the actual referendum in parliament, that's a fair enough position.

Kippers aren't known for realism or hardheaded practicalities; but most would admit that there are pressures on the UK to conclude new deals with non-EU countries to replace the lost trade from leaving the single market. After all, whatever the UK agrees with the EU is unlikely to be as friendly as the benefits it currently enjoys as a member of the single market.

Remoaners aren't known for realism or hard-headed practicalities, as has been proven by their forecasts of the dire repercussions immediately following a leave vote being so wrong; but most would admit that there are pressures on the EU to arrange mutually beneficial deals with us, or risk losing business to countries outside of the EU once we have left the single market. After all, whatever we agree with the EU, it will not include the uncontrolled movement of peoples, the payment of vast sums of money to them, or the subjugation of our laws to the ECJ. Naturally they will not be very happy with that, but we will and that's what counts.

• Lighthouse changed the title to Brexit - Post Match Reaction