Transfer Deadline Day Thread

Ivan Katalinic's 'tache

There isn't really much between Cedric and Martina, only difference is that Cedric had a decent Euros - Arguably, Martina was the better player last season, and he's poor.

It's why the majority of fans wanted us to sign a new RB to take the starting spot and one of those to leave.

Interesting reading what people like Art, Alpine, Batman, Dalek, Glasgow et al trot out.

Cobblers is never interesting I would have thoughtbut maybe to you?

Not sure who they expect SFC to sign in order to make them happy.

The club are not going to buy people like Remy and Bony that sort of player is not what they want.

I still think we need a striker but finding one who is going to score regularly is very difficult

LATEST ON WILSHERE

Sky Sports News HQ reporter Andy Burton is all over the Jack Wilshere story, and now says Bournemouth and AS Roma are the two leading contenders...

"It does seem to me now to be a straight race between Bournemouth and Roma," Burton said. "He’s probably fifth choice in terms of central midfielders right now at the Emirates. I looked through the Roma squad and there are six players in the kinds of positions that Wilshere would want to be playing in.

"It seems to be that it’s starting to dawn on him that maybe he's not going to get the football at Roma that he needs. Yes, he has friends there like Wojciech Szczesny and Thomas Vermaelen, but it seems to be a two horse race and could that pendulum be swinging back towards Bournemouth? We will have to wait and see."

WILSHERE CHASE HEATS BACK UP

Sky sources understand AC Milan have made a late bid to sign Jack Wilshere on loan from Arsenal.

Bournemouth, Crystal Palace and Roma are all interested in the England midfielder, with a source at Roma saying they think they’ve got a “slight possibility” of winning the race today.

Bournemouth remain the favourites.

Edited by SuperSAINT

The club are not going to buy people like Remy and Bony that sort of player is not what they want.

I still think we need a striker but finding one who is going to score regularly is very difficult

Remy and Bony will score you goals and that's why we should be looking at the type of player - not exclusively..... But you can sign the Pierre horjberg's with one eye on a profit in 2 years but you could and can also be flexible when proven premiership quality becomes available?

Since when has signing proven premiership players become an odd thing to do?

Remy and Bony will score you goals and that's why we should be looking at the type of player - not exclusively..... But you can sign the Pierre horjberg's with one eye on a profit in 2 years but you could and can also be flexible when proven premiership quality becomes available?

Since when has signing proven premiership players become an odd thing to do?

I actually agree up to a point. I'd imagine their wages are a deal breaker for us. From a purely playing perspective though, Remy or Bony could be very good for us. Remy especially, his pace in the split striker role could be very dangerous.

It might well mean nothing at all, but my lad was at Staplewood today for a football camp and they were not allowed to go on the tour because it's transfer day and the "buildings are off limits". So perhaps something is going on?

Cobblers is never interesting I would have thoughtbut maybe to you?

Not sure who they expect SFC to sign in order to make them happy.

Maybe I should have put "interesting" in inverted commas.

There isn't really much between Cedric and Martina, only difference is that Cedric had a decent Euros - Arguably, Martina was the better player last season, and he's poor.

It's why the majority of fans wanted us to sign a new RB to take the starting spot and one of those to leave.

A bit shocking to say Martina is the better player, and also to say that Cedric only had a decent euro. How come Koeman didn't pick Martina more often over Cedric then? Cedrics highest level is very high, Martinas highest level is at best bottom half of the table IMO.

A bit shocking to say Martina is the better player, and also to say that Cedric only had a decent euro. How come Koeman didn't pick Martina more often over Cedric then? Cedrics highest level is very high, Martinas highest level is at best bottom half of the table IMO.

Not sure I agree with the bit in bold, what has given you that impression? I said I think he was the better player LAST SEASON. I think he was. Cedric isn't good enough defensively for me.

Not sure on the stats, but Martina was first choice for the second half of the season, and played in some important games last season, especially when we were winning games.

Not sure I agree with the bit in bold, what has given you that impression? I said I think he was the better player LAST SEASON. I think he was. Cedric isn't good enough defensively for me.

Not sure on the stats, but Martina was first choice for the second half of the season, and played in some important games last season, especially when we were winning games.

I think you watch a different player to me.

It might well mean nothing at all, but my lad was at Staplewood today for a football camp and they were not allowed to go on the tour because it's transfer day and the "buildings are off limits". So perhaps something is going on?
On other TDD windows the club have issued statements that we have concluded our business, as that has not been forthcoming I think we are definitely going to get one more in, depends whether it's a squad player (boring) or a first teamer (exciting)

I actually agree up to a point. I'd imagine their wages are a deal breaker for us. From a purely playing perspective though, Remy or Bony could be very good for us. Remy especially, his pace in the split striker role could be very dangerous.

I think fans have to be realistic and we have to accept how the club is being run with an emphasis on developing players.

It would be great to bring in big name players like we did in the 1970s but today's players at top six clubs are are on huge wages which the club cannot afford or will not pay.

Maybe you should read the title of the thread? One transfer leads to another ....

Not sure what your point is. He has been spoken about a million times on here but I'm yet to see any serious link of him to saints yet. Fair enough discussing him if it looks realistic but do we have anything else to go on other than a few people thinking he would be a good signing?

EVERTON IN SISSOKO TALKS

Here we go! Everton are in talks with Newcastle to sign Moussa Sissoko, according to Sky sources.

Newcastle want £30 million for the France midfielder and are willing to accept payment in five installments of £6m.

Tottenham are also interested but talks have broken down over Newcastle’s valuation of the player.

Not sure what your point is. He has been spoken about a million times on here but I'm yet to see any serious link of him to saints yet. Fair enough discussing him if it looks realistic but do we have anything else to go on other than a few people thinking he would be a good signing?

I think the link started with Redmond - cant be arsed to trawl back through

Sounds like Everton are panicking. Didn't Koeman say he was hoping for 4 or 5?

They'll need to get their skates on then.

Anyway with the fees I see being bandied about for some pretty average players I can't help feeling that those who've done their business already will be the winners.